• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

charsace

They need to push Bryan. Give him back his submission as a finisher and have him tap people out. Build him up into another Bret. Because what is going on in the WWE is fucking horseshit right now.

Sephzilla

over in the rumble thread I was just reminded that San Francisco is also where Bryan was a huge part of the Giants championship celebration. Vince passed up instant crossover appeal

iMax

You guys are fooling yourselves if you think Taker isn't a draw at Mania anymore because he lost the Streak. He's the goddamn Undertaker. He'll be a draw as long as he decides he wants to be.

Am I the only one who thinks that distilling Undertaker's talents down to "The Streak" is doing a great disservice to him?

charsace

over in the rumble thread I was just reminded that San Francisco is also where Bryan was a huge part of the Giants championship celebration. Vince passed up instant crossover appeal

If it was someone that Vince wanted to hump he would have been all over it.

Verendus

Banned
So your most hyped match is a part time 45 year old carrying a part time 55 year old? Yeah, that pretty much sums up the possible Mania card
Well, the 45 year old is far more entertaining than anyone else on the roster (let's not forget his majestic work last year for Wrestlemania 30), and is still a better wrestler than probably everyone there. The other is a legend who is going to make his debut in the WWE for the first time.

I don't see what you're saying it sums up except something anyone would be excited for. I think serenewarfare has his head on his shoulders.

You guys are fooling yourselves if you think Taker isn't a draw at Mania anymore because he lost the Streak. He's the goddamn Undertaker. He'll be a draw as long as he decides he wants to be.

There is a big difference between being a draw and bringing the kind of drama those Taker Mania matches had. Taker would be a draw on his deathbed being wheeled out to the ring in a wheelchair. With that said, he lost at Mania, those near falls won't have anywhere near the drama anymore.

UberTag

Props to ElRey & Lucha Underground for pouncing on an opportunity.
They don't even need to air new stuff. Just show the Aztec Warfare match again.

There is a big difference between being a draw and bringing the kind of drama those Taker Mania matches had. Taker would be a draw on his deathbed being wheeled out to the ring in a wheelchair. With that said, he lost at Mania, those near falls won't have anywhere near the drama anymore.

I'm in the camp that the match will have intrigue because you legitimately won't know who is going to win. With Punk, Triple H, and even Shawn to an extent, you knew those guys weren't ending the Streak. Hell, people were so convinced Brock wasn't ending it that they didn't buy ANY of the near-falls. Now that the Streak is gone, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could lose to a guy like Wyatt.

UberTag

Well, the 45 year old is far more entertaining than anyone else on the roster (let's not forget his majestic work last year for Wrestlemania 30), and is still a better wrestler than probably everyone there. The other is a legend who is going to make his debut in the WWE for the first time.
Triple H is "still a better wrestler than probably everyone there"? Really? REALLY?

That explains a whole hell of a lot.

Taker is beating Wyatt, btw.

I'm in the camp that the match will have intrigue because you legitimately won't know who is going to win. With Punk, Triple H, and even Shawn to an extent, you knew those guys weren't ending the Streak. Hell, people were so convinced Brock wasn't ending it that they didn't buy ANY of the near-falls. Now that the Streak is gone, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could lose to a guy like Wyatt.

If Taker loses to Wyatt that won't be shocking, it will be sad

Vestal

Triple H is "still a better wrestler than probably everyone there"? Really? REALLY?

Hunter can put on an match better than most of the Roster. Lets not let blind hate for the Shovel fool you.

Taker can beat Bray and make Bray look like a Million bucks.

no maam

Banned
Am I the only one?

rock-roman-reigns-celebration.gif

LRXHsj3.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Triple H is one of the finest wrestlers they have, if not their best. His work last year is god-tier.

If Taker loses to Wyatt that won't be shocking, it will be sad

So you are advocating the young talent put over the part-time guy? You do realize this is partially why no one is over right? When you show your audience "these guys are okay, but the older guys are better", they won't give a shit about anyone other than the older guys.

As opposed to Taker beating Bray which will be hilarious

Not as hilarious as Cena beating Bray without even having to compromise his Cena-ness to do it, so not only did Cena beat Bray physically, but also philosophically. Taker can't take a soul that is no longer there.

It's kind of a match that serves no purpose. The rub goes to the guy who breaks the streak, not the guy who beats him again in his next match

He'll be starting a new streak! One that ends with the redemption of 90-year-old Taker beating 80-year-old Brock at WM 70.

(I wanted Undertaker to retire after 20-0 because I'm OCD)

Top Bottom