• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The ratings speak for themselves in this flop.
2013 December
shamebms3g.jpg

2015 January
GvAhxyc.png

RIP Dragonzord. At least he got away from this carny shit

Pizoxuat

Even when I hate WWE, I enjoy bitching about it with my friends and trying to fantasy book our way out of whatever hole Vince has driven the show into. I've got a wealth of options for great wrestling in (NXT) and out of WWE right now, I feel spoiled with how much great stuff I am watching in addition to Vince's crap.

Pavaloo

This community is really bad. There are so many wrestling threads on GAF that I figured it must be a pretty strong and cool community, but I was wrong. You guys are miserable. The past like 10 pages are complaining about made up rumors, arguing over your fantasy booking not working out for you, wishing Vince McMahon dead because you didn't like a show, just flat out working yourselves up over nothing. This is as bad as any wrestling message board on the web that I've been to. You guys need to get a grip.

hey man, i'm just over here sippin' on that fine total diva satisfaction

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even when I hate WWE, I enjoy bitching about it with my friends and trying to fantasy book our way out of whatever hole Vince has driven the show into. I've got a wealth of options for great wrestling in (NXT) and out of WWE right now, I feel spoiled with how much great stuff I am watching in addition to Vince's crap.

We're seriously in a golden age of availability. Being 'forced' to stick with one company just simply isn't true anymore. If you like wrestling, you can find wrestling you'll like. Hear hear!

Quoting my thoughts from the Rumble thread:
Finally back on the internet after finishing the Rumble (that's what you get for being British)

Really enjoyed the undercard, funnily enough. Even the Ascension match didn't bore me to tears, so there's something. Championship match was great.

Then that fucking Rumble. I haven't read the thread yet, but I assume everyone's been shitting on it similarly. I think I would have been happier if Roman had just won. That they had to have the Rock come out to try and stop Roman getting boo'd just shows the fucking contempt they seem to have. They knew exactly what was going to fucking happen, and they did it anyway, because fuck you, we like what we tell you to like.
Yes, I mad. I'm legit angry.

On a brighter note, PROGRESS yesterday was great. The main event was completely emotionally draining, but as opposed to the Rumble, when Cunt Havoc retained, it was the same emotional reaction I get from Game of Thrones: being really fucking upset, but still wanting to come back the next time.

kiguel182

I wish I could enjoy other non-NXT wrestling but I just can't get invested. I was into TNA for a while in 2012 but they just do to much dumb shit.

But lately I've been trying to get into UFC and well, I'm liking it. It has a WWE vibe to with but everyone is made to look as strong as possible before the match and it feels fresh to me.

kiguel182

Also I think this was the last time I didn't watch the undercard since I came back to wrestling and I think form now on I'll just skip Raw and watch a couple of guys.

I kind of want to watch all of it so I can get invested in midcarders and watch them grow but 3 hours is too much and the content there is almost always bad.

UberTag

We're seriously in a golden age of availability. Being 'forced' to stick with one company just simply isn't true anymore. If you like wrestling, you can find wrestling you'll like. Hear hear!
There is so much great wrestling programming being produced right now in 2015 that it's almost impossible to keep up with it all.
Just don't expect to see much of it emanate from WWE or TNA.

Toki767

Also I think this was the last time I didn't watch the undercard since I came back to wrestling and I think form now on I'll just skip Raw and watch a couple of guys.

I kind of want to watch all of it so I can get invested in midcarders and watch them grow but 3 hours is too much and the content there is almost always bad.

Midcarders don't grow so you won't be missing out on much.

iMax

So what's happening tonight? Are they literally doing RAW for three hours from that shitty little pre-show studio Alex Riley uses?

UberTag

Midcarders don't grow so you won't be missing out on much.
Yep, they just trade wins, get booked in comedy programs, anchored to mid-card titles that mean nothing and, occasionally, get fed to Cena... because, hey, somebody's got to get fed to Cena.

After the American civil war, northern Yankee carpetbaggers came to the south to profit from the instability and chaos, not unlike all you scum peddling your "Rawlternatives" in our thread. Go ahead, I'm not worried.

The WWE will rise again!

Slizeezyc

Hey VinnyMac:

I would be perfectly okay with fighting spirit Tyler Breeze kicking out of triple powerbombs at one only to be punched in the face and then super F5'd for the loss. It would be a star-making performance for Breeze.

Great booking.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
After the American civil war, northern Yankee carpetbaggers came to the south to profit from the instability and chaos, not unlike all you scum peddling your "Rawlternatives" in our thread. Go ahead, I'm not worried.

The WWE will rise again!

You have my sabre.
gCucynh.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey VinnyMac:

I would be perfectly okay with fighting spirit Tyler Breeze kicking out of triple powerbombs at one only to be punched in the face and then super F5'd for the loss. It would be a star-making performance for Breeze.

Great booking.

It would. It was unpredictable and exciting, the kind of show WrassleGAF loves!

What a great Rumble though. What a great showing by Tully Blanchard, the Bray Wyatt of videogames.

Not very familiar with the behind-the-scenes business but out of curiosity how booked and predetermined are the Rumble eliminations? Does everyone know when they should get tossed out or have a say in how long they're able to stay in? I'm sure a lot of it is planned out but is it all??

It would. It was unpredictable and exciting, the kind of show WrassleGAF loves!

What a great Rumble though. What a great showing by Tully Blanchard, the Bray Wyatt of videogames.
It's not even funny how much more entertaining the gaf rumble was compared to the real one. Shit like Zack Ryder unceremoniously dumping Tully after his monster performance was gold.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's not even funny how much more entertaining the gaf rumble was compared to the real one. Shit like Zack Ryder unceremoniously dumping Tully after his monster performance was gold.

Tully had CLEARED THE RING

God damn what a good rumble.

Top Bottom