• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Truth. The four panel is so much better tho.
Just dying to use the n-word Cagey
zWVbK.gif

Exactly. It's just to much work with this guy. A manager is hiding the weaknesses of not only his client but his opponent... I give up caring about it. I'll treat this like season mode and only play things involving dbry and fuck the rest.
Well if anyone can do it Paulie dangerously can people always talk about how exposed most the ecw guys were post ecw

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
As I said earlier today, everyone here was overlooking the fact that Heyman will be a colossal help to Reigns in these promos.

Fox318 said:
Apparently Reigns really was being fed lines. If you turn up the volume you can hear it.
Fucking amazing

How is it they have no face manager?
Ambrose would be perfect for the role. Wasted opportunity.

Alucard

Banned
I started up my DVR recording of the show a little late, skipped through the whole Rumble until the final 5-6 guys, and caught all of the interview segments.

That was excellent. I enjoyed Michael Cole. I enjoyed Dean Ambrose. I enjoyed Daniel Bryan. I enjoyed Brock Lesnar. I LOVED Paul Heyman, and I even enjoyed Roman Reigns more tonight. The format of this show was a nice break from the usual, but you obviously can't have full PPV matches broadcast every week to eat up the space in between.

I'm more than willing to give Roman a chance if he stays away from the shit cheese dialogue and just does the calm, cool, and collected gimmick. I thought he came off rather well on this show.

Bravo for putting on something different and compelling, WWE. They walked a fine line between kayfabe and reality tonight, and that's really how big time wrestling should be done in 2015. For instance, when Roman talked about being "hand picked" or when Bryan talked about not wanting Roman to win...that stuff blurs the lines. Of course it's scripted, but it feels more real than just talking about being awesome and better than everybody else.

The only thing that was disappointing tonight was the obvious audio mixing and muffling of the boos at the end of the Rumble footage. That's how the DVDs and Blu-rays are going to be too, isn't it? Eh, whatever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So guys,

was whatever the fuck they showed tonight good?

Honestly yeah. Skip everything from the RR and it was good. They showed the 5 star (yes sir) 3-way championship match and the Ramble itself. Just skip the Ramble. The championship match is worth seeing again because GOD IS REAL.

Match is going go be god awful, ugh. Every time they repeat it as the main event at WM31 i cry.

This is a subtle way of giving Reigns the streak push. Ah well, at least the crowd reactions for the next couple of weeks should be fun. I hope.

As I said earlier today, everyone here was overlooking the fact that Heyman will be a colossal help to Reigns in these promos.

Apparently Reigns really was being fed lines. If you turn up the volume you can hear it.
Fucking amazing

How is it they have no face manager?

Ambrose would be perfect for the role. Wasted opportunity.

I don't mind the match. I don't mind Reigns winning the Rumble.

It was how they did it. They should have just left Bryan on the shelf until tonight. Boom. Problem pretty much solved. We were all ready for it until Bryan came back and we thought he might actually win instead.

Penguin

So seems others were talking about Reigns being fed his lines... I hope that isn't the case because how do you even do that in a live-setting

T.A.L

I freely admit my disdain for Reigns. Fuck him. Ain't did shit to me but have the backing I wish my guy had who is actually over and talented

DMczaf

Y'all should watch this WWE 24/7 thing on WM30. It's not in-depth, but it's cool seeing the backstage footage blended in with what's going on during the show.

Pizoxuat

Exactly. It's just to much work with this guy. A manager is hiding the weaknesses of not only his client but his opponent... I give up caring about it. I'll treat this like season mode and only play things involving dbry and fuck the rest.

I gotta say, I think the WWE should have people building up both sides way more often than they do. It makes Brock look worse if Heyman just shits all over the guy and then her to have a 25 minute match where he sells for him and likely loses. Commentary is incredibly bad about making everyone look bad because they shit on 75% of the roster, which does the remaining guys no good at all in the long term.

What Heyman did was masterful. He should be running classes on how to make your opponent sound like a million bucks while still getting across that you're going to absolutely decimate them and everything they love.

Alucard

Banned
So guys,

was whatever the fuck they showed tonight good?

I'd say so, and I've disliked the WWE product and have boycotted it since November. This was easily an 8/10 show. Re-watch the triple threat from Royal Rumble, fast forward through the actual Rumble, and watch the really well done interview segments, and baby, you're gonna believe that.

Paracelsus

People forget Heyman carried Lesnar because Lesnar is believable as a monster and athletic.

When Heyman carried Big Show in late 2002 and half 2003, he couldn't save him, because he sucks.

dream

Y'all should watch this WWE 24/7 thing on WM30. It's not in-depth, but it's cool seeing the backstage footage blended in with what's going on during the show.

It fucking sucks and you know it. I thought it was going to tell a story, like The Mania of WrestleMania did, but it's just a goddamn clip show.

People forget Heyman carried Lesnar because Lesnar is believable as a monster and athletic.

When Heyman carried Big Show in late 2002 and half 2003, he couldn't save him, because he sucks.

Heel Show in ECW carried by Heyman was actually good. So yeah. Heyman even made Show good even if it took two tries.

Top Bottom