• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

In other news, WWEin2015.gif

VigilantTallCopperbutterfly.gif

I love the Ziggler one. Throwing out garbage

Since Raw is just a recap
tumblr_ngf15wOesG1r89qoso1_500.gif

Kerry Von Erich promo
I like Kerry Von Erich promos, but he clearly suffers from some problems. He can be awkward at times, and sometimes he has such a 'dude' voice that you can't take him seriously at all. But I like his promos because he ALWAYS comes off as earnest. He always comes off as serious. You never once think he's just 'cutting a promo' even when he says cliche things because that's the personality you associate with Kerry. And he's got that fiery edge despite being such a loveable babyface. That said, this is the best promo I've heard him cut. He doesn't stumble over his words near as much, you can tell he's putting it together, and it feels real. Maybe it's lame to some people, maybe it's partially because of the area it's in, but my favorite lines in the promo that made it feel authentic
You're not fooling anyone, dirt bag. We know you're watching.

its going to be like Brock Vs Goldberg all over again

That's why I really think they need someone else in the match. I mean, we already saw Brock phone in a main event at WrestleMania when he was leaving the next day. I don't think he'll do it again, but can you really risk it? Rollins could carry Reigns even if Brock was already mentally in the UFC.

Reigns deserves a lot of shit, but this is also truth. The turn-around on Bray when he beat blessed Bryan was insane. They treat Bryan like WWE treats Roman.

No one cared when Bray beat Bryan last year. He had a lot of goodwill that was burnt out on a Cena feud (not his fault) but when he was free of that he was still shit.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Punk was established before being united with Paul.

Putting him with Axel, Ryback, and Cesaro did nothing for any of them.

Crowd shit on both guys because they knew both were leaving. For some reason I don't think they'll trash Lesnar again.

If Cesaro had been Heyman's number 1 priority things may have been different... when Brock leaves, Heyman should be able to better get people over.

If he gave a good promo, then we have severely lowered the bar.

it was better.

I wouldn't say 'surprisingly good'. I'd say 'surprisingly not terrible'. If they show us this Roman more, that's an improvement. Jokey trash talky Roman is awful. Boring but more believable Roman is a step up.

Alucard

Banned
Reigns became much more sympathetic after tonight, and Heyman did a masterful job of linking him to his ancestral lineage. Whether these types of exchanges will be pulled off with equal impact in front of a live audience is yet to be seen, but I felt tonight's format was a huge positive for Roman.

Reposting because it was at the bottom and I know yall aint got nothing better on

Kerry Von Erich promo
I like Kerry Von Erich promos, but he clearly suffers from some problems. He can be awkward at times, and sometimes he has such a 'dude' voice that you can't take him seriously at all. But I like his promos because he ALWAYS comes off as earnest. He always comes off as serious. You never once think he's just 'cutting a promo' even when he says cliche things because that's the personality you associate with Kerry. And he's got that fiery edge despite being such a loveable babyface. That said, this is the best promo I've heard him cut. He doesn't stumble over his words near as much, you can tell he's putting it together, and it feels real. Maybe it's lame to some people, maybe it's partially because of the area it's in, but my favorite lines in the promo that made it feel authentic
Are you f*cking kidding me right now?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'd say so, and I've disliked the WWE product and have boycotted it since November. This was easily an 8/10 show. Re-watch the triple threat from Royal Rumble, fast forward through the actual Rumble, and watch the really well done interview segments, and baby, you're gonna believe that.
That actually sounds kind of interesting.

Hey Alucard,

I'll think about it.

Reigns became much more sympathetic after tonight, and Heyman did a masterful job of linking him to his ancestral lineage. Whether these types of exchanges will be pulled off with equal impact in front of a live audience is yet to be seen, but I felt tonight's format was a huge positive for Roman.

"[a studio with no audience] was a huge positive for Roman"

Heel

You know Vince, I wanted to argue that the Rumble three way wasn't quite a 5 star match in my view, but then I realized that's about as invested as I'll ever get in professional wrestling in 2015. Using that sliding scale, I agree, it was 5 stars, and the best match since Bray Wyatt vs. John Sina at Extreme Rules.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, heyman cant save reigns, it didn't work on ceasro and it wont work on him.

The scenarios are different. Heyman was a mouthpiece for Cesaro. Here, he's Reigns' adversary. Plus, Reigns is actually in a main event and Heyman is going to focus on that.

Last year, we were amazed by HHH and Steph's heel work in the weeks leading up to Mania. This year, we will be reminded of why Paul Heyman deserves to be the highest paid guy on the WWE roster outside of the top guys.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reposting because it was at the bottom and I know yall aint got nothing better on

Kerry Von Erich promo

(Thanks bean for calling attention to this)

It's good. And it IS earnest, and that's one of the reasons why he was so goddamned over. SO goddamned over. Goddamn he's fantastic. Gone too soon. RIP.

Heroman

Banned
No he didnt, he gave us the cena 2 thing, and once you go to a live raw, the boo for him will be huge.

Verendus

Banned
I have a good feeling that Roman is going to massacre Big Show next month. The satisfaction of seeing Big Slow destroyed, and Sting's appearance means I'll be watching Fast Lane.

It's now simple to build up Reigns. He just needs to dominate Big Slow and make him bleed profusely.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know Vince, I wanted to argue that the Rumble three way wasn't quite a 5 star match in my view, but then I realized that's about as invested as I'll ever get in professional wrestling in 2015. Using that sliding scale, I agree, it was 5 stars, and the best match since Bray Wyatt vs. John Sina at Extreme Rules.

It's waaaay up there for me. Nearly flawless, the only question for me (so far) is, are the characters involved better or worse than Nakamura and Ibushi? Is the story they told better?

I'm torn. Ibushi's honestly the weakest link out of everyone involved. And that ain't bad. So, I've decided I'll love both matches and let life go on. Good times. Great wrestles.

If they are smart, they'l have Reigns just absolutely murder Big Show next month. Like, a Cena at Summerslam level squash. Make Reigns look like a force. Instead they'll probably have the Authority interfere and it'll go back and forth.

Top Bottom