• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Rapstah

So the brand split idea is pretty much dead I'm guessing.

There was an idea that Smackdown would be Bryan's show, but it probably should be Reigns' show since it's easier to hide his flaws on a taped show.

They could have the IC title just be the Smackdown belt since Raw and that belt haven't been helping each other since forever, but their priority seems to be more on "Smackdown needs to be seen as comparable to Raw", which is impossible, than on finding out ways to have more than one main event storyline at a time.

somedevil

I'm 99% sure Brock isn't booked at Fast Lane. That percentage increases if it's a free month.

Yep right now here is what Brock is advertised for in February.

Feb 9, Feb 23,

So he is not doing the pay per view. If you want that Bryan vs Lesnar match hope Vince resigns him when his contract is up.

edit: Also right now Smackdown is the Daniel Bryan show. It looks like he is going to be in the Main Event 3 times in a row since it went to Thursday.

Kornflayx

Just watched Raw is Snowstorm and I'm not sure what they wanted to accomplish with that. Bryan basically mocking Reigns and saying that he needed The Rock and the WWE spoonfeeding him to get where he is. How do they think that gets Reigns over as a face?

Maybe I'm just the biggest Bryan mark right now, but this felt not like writing Bryan out of the picture. Especially after him saying that he wants to end this deal with Kane on Thursday and becoming WWE Champion again. This felt so weird, and I need to see next week to make something out of this. I don't think the WM main event is as set in stone as everyone thinks it is.

jmdajr

Yep. I hated the brand split. I'm down for Smackdown being elevated though. I would be more inclined to watch it every week if wasn't so obviously the B show for lesser talent.

New Intercontinental Daniel Bryan should defend the title every week there!

Sephzilla

Just watched Raw is Snowstorm and I'm not sure what they wanted to accomplish with that. Bryan basically mocking Reigns and saying that he needed The Rock and the WWE spoonfeeding him to get where he is. How do they think that gets Reigns over as a face?

Maybe I'm just the biggest Bryan mark right now, but this felt not like writing Bryan out of the picture. Especially after him saying that he wants to end this deal with Kane on Thursday and becoming WWE Champion again. This felt so weird, and I need to see next week to make something out of this. I don't think the WM main event is as set in stone as everyone thinks it is.

I said last night that I think Vince is laying the seeds for a Bryan heel turn
that will blow up in Vince's face when everyone cheers Bryan over Roman

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Meltzer pointing out the obvious last night, Reigns has no heels to make him look good after WM. He even had a shitty match with Rollins somehow. This really is going to be Warrior/Diesel all over again.

Maybe they can make up reasons each month to put him in tag team matches, like Diesel?

I still think the setup for WM is a Reigns heel turn with Heyman joining him. Heyman w/ Reigns (and possibly Rollins) would be fantastic. Reigns doesn't have to say a word as Heyman cuts promos. I can't think they aren't going to turn him heel. They NEED him as a heel. (Hell, they need him and Sheamus as heels, both)

don't do this to yourself

UberTag

It's Vince.

Bryan will turn heel because he's jealous that he didn't get the treatment Roman does and Vince will try to paint Roman as the victim
Can't wait until D.Brine "snaps" and horrifies the WWE Universe by relentlessly attacking that gentle Samoan.

We should embrace a heel Bryan. At least when they make him look like a chump, we can justify it because he's a heel.
Remember that title program Christian had with Orton?
We got great matches from it but Blue Dot didn't go over clean once. Just got the title back that one time on a DQ stip and was otherwise a chickenshit.
That's what we can expect from D.Brine's next heel run.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

I see two possibilities

1) Heyman joins forces with Reigns and turns on Lesnar, turning Lesnar fully face & Reigns heel at WM.

2) Lesnar states he is leaving after WM regardless of whether he wins or loses. Everyone assumes Reigns will win, but Lesnar destroys Reigns. Cut to RAW the next night; Lesnar wants to walk off as undisputed champion, cue Bryan wanting his rematch for the belt he never lost. Bryan vs Lesnar becomes the Main Event of RAW - Bryan is about to win, but cue Reigns interference. Takes out Bryan, spears Lesnar. In walks Rollins, who cashes in MitB on Lesnar, and Heyman joins Rollins and Reigns.

Your new "Authority" is Rollins as the champ, Reigns as the heel muscle (instead of Big Show and Kane), with J&J security and Heyman. Assuming Sting beating HHH ends the "Authority" gimmick.

Lesnar leaves, having never been beat. Bryan gets his match against Lesnar and is set up to have beaten the Beast, but Reigns denies him the opportunity out of jealousy. He is set up to protect Rollins, and Heyman can talk for Reigns as need be. Lesnar has two ready set feuds should he come back, and you can cue Bryan chasing Rollins for the belt.

UberTag

I know, but it worked last year, didn't it?

I hate WWE for always stringing me along, just so they can break my heart again :(
Last year was a complete fluke predicated by CM Punk walking out, the need to drive Network subscriptions for Mania to appease shareholders and make it look viable and D.Brine's pre-existing feud that had been the backbone of the show that entire year.

Kornflayx

Last year was a complete fluke predicated by CM Punk walking out, the need to drive Network subscriptions for Mania to appease shareholders and make it look viable and D.Brine's pre-existing feud that had been the backbone of the show that entire year.

I just can't comprehend how they are handling this situation right now. I'm trying to find logic where it can't be found.

The only thing true is that WWE will fuck up anything good that lands in their lap. I can only hope fans hijack every Raw with Daniel Bryan chants.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Authority gimmick isn't going away because then HHH couldn't be on TV all the time

imBask

Banned
expanding NXT is a bad idea. If you expand NXT to a TV show or a 2h show or whatever, Vince will end up getting involved and you can't teach that how you doin

UberTag

I just can't comprehend how they are handling this situation right now. I'm trying to find logic where it can't be found.
There is no logic to comprehend.
Vince McMahon is alive and running the show.
What he says goes and he'll be damned if anyone else tells him otherwise.
He believes those promos he wrote for Roman were top-tier.

You need to accept that this is a company that will not act rationally with its booking.
There are other companies to watch for that kind of thing.

The only thing true is that WWE will fuck up anything good that lands in their lap. I can only hope fans hijack every Raw with Daniel Bryan chants.
That would be a waste of their time, lungs and money.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So stupid. This is why nothing will ever change. People boo and complain but in the end, still watch and give money.

GOD I wish there was a legit alternative to WWE. People WANT to love it and just keep watching no matter how bad it is because there is nothing else on WWE's level in terms of production values and spectacle.

What makes an alternative 'legit'?

jmdajr

And they'll be right back off track when they have a crummy segment for the feud. It's the way it is.

Reigns had been so poor lately no one really believed he would win the Rumble. As soon as Bryan came back we all thought Wrestlemania was saved.

oops

DMczaf

Did we ever get a gif of Seth-kun tipping over that chair last night? I could get some mileage out of that.

tumblr_niugshtdWc1sbzhteo2_400.gif

jmdajr

A viewership and production values on par with the WWE.

Filling an arena is something no other WWE competitor can do.

I love the NFL. Many people do, but they don't give a fuck about Arena Football or even College Football. The certainly didn't give a fuck about the XFL.

I sort feel the same. Instead of an alternative, I'd just do something else.

Top Bottom