• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Kornflayx

Joe Doring losing the Triple Crown to Go

From boring American dude to boring Japanese dude. AJPW why do you make it so hard for me? Bring in Takayama and give it to him. He's old and not amazing, but I can at least enjoy watching him knee young shits in the face for trying to get his title.
xerrrqtdr6.gif

What happened to Go? He fell completely off the radar, didn't he? Considering that he was considered the top prospect for this generation.

Xater

The wrestling world at large might as well just pack it in when WK9's production values aren't enough to satisfy some. Given complaints like that you'd be forgiven for thinking that the flashy lights and pyrotechnics are all anyone watches for.

And that's why you fucks deserve everything you get.

Yep, if you stick with WWE because they have pyros and blinking lights you should get your priorities straight.

Otherwise like Boots says you deserver everything you get. Enjoy your shit show!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
His promo was about 20 words long. Could he not have prepared a little bit before going on air?!
What I mean is in setups like this, nearly everyone has an earpiece. That's not an unusual thing to see in that setup.

Joe Doring losing the Triple Crown to Go

From boring American dude to boring Japanese dude. AJPW why do you make it so hard for me? Bring in Takayama and give it to him. He's old and not amazing, but I can at least enjoy watching him knee young shits in the face for trying to get his title.

So let's say AJPW can't really bring anyone in, who would've you picked to put the title on? I'm not any great fan of Go's, but I still think he's their best shot at a leading star until Kento Miyahara's ready (which he almost is). An old man Nishimura title run where he ties fools into knots would've been pretty fun, as well, but really there's no one else.

T.A.L

I wonder why of all the unresolved storylines, they are so obsessed with the Bryan/Sheamus saga at WM. Is it because that's the only way they can think to turn Sheamus. Do they really sit on plans that long. This match fell thru last year, fuck it, book it again.

Chopper

What I mean is in setups like this, nearly everyone has an earpiece. That's not an unusual thing to see in that setup.
I've seen it reported that Reigns was being fed lines audibly, hence the sound cutting out on a couple of occasions. What I mean is, how did he not come up with something decent ahead of time? Was he just gonna stumble through an improvised response that would have been even worse if someone off camera wasn't telling him what to say?

XenoRaven

I've seen it reported that Reigns was being fed lines audibly, hence the sound cutting out on a couple of occasions. What I mean is, how did he not come up with something decent ahead of time? Was he just gonna stumble through an improvised response that would have been even worse if someone off camera wasn't telling him what to say?
There are plenty of reasons to dislike the push Reigns is getting without relying on sheetz. Just comment on the shows and leave the backstage stuff out of it, because it's probably garbage anyway.

Fox318

Cant wait to watch that.

For as much as the people here complain about Kaefabe being dead shit like this is amazing.

Showing the hard work and the thought process going into everything.

I don't know if Wall Street will let HHH run the entire company but he should be in charge of creative and talent development.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But sheetz

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I wonder why of all the unresolved storylines, they are so obsessed with the Bryan/Sheamus saga at WM. Is it because that's the only way they can think to turn Sheamus. Do they really sit on plans that long. This match fell thru last year, fuck it, book it again.

Yeah, this is probably the funniest part of the whole thing. Didn't realize Sheamus/Bryan is the Orton/Cena of midcard feuds in Vince's mind.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So let's say AJPW can't really bring anyone in, who would've you picked to put the title on? I'm not any great fan of Go's, but I still think he's their best shot at a leading star until Kento Miyahara's ready (which he almost is). An old man Nishimura title run where he ties fools into knots would've been pretty fun, as well, but really there's no one else.
I would have kept it on Suwama or give it back to Akiyama. I never would have given it to Joe in the first place and kept it with Suwama as a 'fighting champion' until there's somebody who will bring in new viewers. If Go was going to be a huge draw, it would have happened already. I think people overrate Go based on what they thought he would be and not what he turned into(kinda like Marufuji, but I find Go even more underwhelming than Marufuji). At this point, AJPW pretty much needs a huge star to work for them to get eyes on them and then they can build other young guys while they've got that star(probably a Japanese legend working a freelancer contract) and rely on those young guys when the legend drops it. But if I was a young guy with some talent, I wouldn't go to AJPW even if I grew up watching it.

Zero-1 does a much better job of balancing a shit roster with an amazing roster. AJPW's 'amazing' guys are guys you've seen a thousand times before and aren't really doing anything new. I think the only star potential in that company is Kotaro, and he will likely stick to juniors.

JavyOO7

1h36m of cringe for the first episode of Tuesday Night Titans. After a hilarious Doctor D promo, we go right back to Vince talking to Lord Alfred Hayes. I'm not sure if I could handle this much cringe. We shall see...

Chopper

There are plenty of reasons to dislike the push Reigns is getting without relying on sheetz. Just comment on the shows and leave the backstage stuff out of it, because it's probably garbage anyway.
I guess you're right. I'm just so sickened by the Rumble.

Toki767

If Sheamus/Bryan does happen this year, then they will have faced each other as many times at Wrestlemania in a 5 year period as Austin/Rock.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love the little touch with Kerry when he has the NWA title about how reluctant he is to give it to the ref. He folds it up nice and neat, hands it to the ref but keeps one hand on it for a moment before letting go.

Makes this make a lot more sense too
TPOG_KVE_500w.jpg

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Now that I think about, Vince probably thinks 18 seconds is still a big deal and wants to do Bryan a solid by letting him get his redemption. He probably doesn't realize nobody (including Bryan) gives a damn.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love the little touch with Kerry when he has the NWA title about how reluctant he is to give it to the ref. He folds it up nice and neat, hands it to the ref but keeps one hand on it for a moment before letting go.

Makes this make a lot more sense too
TPOG_KVE_500w.jpg

Wow, that's awesome. Never saw that.

I guess Meltzer was right, the free month was super successful.

"37 percent increase (24 percent domestically) in subscribers since last reported[1] at the end of third quarter 2014, driven primarily by a successful free November promotion, the launch of the service in the UK and significant additions for the Royal Rumble PPV event."

Top Bottom