• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Reigns Train is moving full steam ahead, if you've got a problem with that you need to say fuck that train and hop on the flying saucer known as HBO Go.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
tumblr_niugshtdWc1sbzhteo2_400.gif

You da real MVP.

Are you guys still complaining about Roman? Come on, Seth has us covered.

ibsdSD7nosde6.png

Fox318

I love the NFL. Many people do, but they don't give a fuck about Arena Football or even College Football. The certainly didn't give a fuck about the XFL.

I sort feel the same. Instead of an alternative, I'd just do something else.

It comes down to talent.

WWE has the most talented roster in the West.

UberTag

WWE isn't exactly filling arenas themselves. Wrestle Kingdom 9 did nearly 3 times Royal Rumbles attendance.
Those people didn't have to pay $500 for their ticket, either.
They also left the event satisfied and didn't rain down their displeasure in a sea of jeers.
They also had a well-developed undercard with developed feuds and storylines with every match being treated as unique and important.
And instead of 1 match that was 3-stars or above they got 8.
Five of those matches were in 4-star territory although I'l agree with stro that I wouldn't have put the opening tag match in that category.

somedevil

WWE is having troubles filling arenas for Smackdown and house shows for a while now.

I believe that problem has been going on since 2003 when it comes to Smackdown.

WWE isn't exactly filling arenas themselves. Wrestle Kingdom 9 did nearly 3 times Royal Rumbles attendance.

Your comparing New Japan's Wrestlemania to the Royal Rumble. The Royal Rumble did sell out and had a higher demand compared to last year. Plus Wrestlemania 31 is going outsell New Japan Wrestlekingdom 9.

New Japan is great but its grouped with Lucha, ROH and TNA as alternatives that right now can't challenge the WWE to make them change there booking.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There are several people on the social medias that were impressed by Roman Reigns and wanted Brock/Roman.

Sorry guys, but you're not the only ones that WWE wants to impress.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
WWE is having troubles filling arenas for Smackdown and house shows for a while now.

At the SmackDown taping I went to a couple weeks back, they had the upper part of the arena behind the cameras tarped off to fill in the parts of the crowd you'd see on TV. Pretty good attendance, still.

jmdajr

I believe that problem has been going on since 2003 when it comes to Smackdown.

Your comparing New Japan's Wrestlemania to the Royal Rumble. The Royal Rumble did sell out and had a higher demand compared to last year. Plus Wrestlemania 31 is going outsell New Japan Wrestlekingdom 9.

New Japan is great but its grouped with Lucha, ROH and TNA as alternatives that right now can't challenge the WWE to make them change there booking.

This is the like "but anime is so much better then western cartoons! Better stories, characters, and choreographed action."

No gives a shit.

Bizazedo

You are incorrect.
Lets not get crazy. I watched that show, too, and while they were good, they were nowhere near WWE's production values. The ramp to the ring looked straight out of a strip club. A bad strip club.

It's most fair to say it had the best values outside of WWE.

UberTag

There are several people on the social medias that were impressed by Roman Reigns and wanted Brock/Roman.

Sorry guys, but you're not the only ones that WWE wants to impress.
You're right about that. This company has no intention of impressing most of us. Or wrestling enthusiasts at all. Or doing anything different at all for that matter.
(That applies to Vince, at least. Clearly there are folks in WWE who would love to do all of those things. But they're not calling the shots.)

UberTag

Ahahaha Seth Rollins is great. Apparently I need to watch these interviews if people are calling it a good RAW because of them.
It's worth watching just because it's something different.
The other 50 RAWs this year (outside of post-Mania RAW) will all feel exactly the same.
And yes, Rollins is the best thing in the WWE going today. (Outside of Lesnar who has one match left.)

The wrestling world at large might as well just pack it in when WK9's production values aren't enough to satisfy some. Given complaints like that you'd be forgiven for thinking that the flashy lights and pyrotechnics are all anyone watches for.

No [one] gives a shit.

And that's why you fucks deserve everything you get.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Heel, Dream, does GFKonMMA do live commentary? I may watch is that's the case
The wrestling world at large might as well just pack it in when WK9's production values aren't enough to satisfy some. Given complaints like that you'd be forgiven for thinking that the flashy lights and pyrotechnics are all anyone watches for.

I think people just use 'production value' as an excuse to keep watching WWE. Because it's one of the few they got left rather than 'I just don't want to pay for something different' or not wanting to make the effort of finding something different. Because it's not like WWE is telling any compelling stories outside of the ring to use the language barrier. I can't think of any besides Triple H/Bryan (which had too much talking as far as I'm concerned). It's not about being the best, it's about a balancing act of a little bit of everything, and NJPW is the closest to that right now even with their weaker undercard.

Come on, Bootaaay. Just give WWE a chance.

RP912

Banned
So many veins being popped from necks around here. This place needs a Disco Inferno gif

picture.php

I'm pretty much over the Rumble and moved on to the alternatives. Nothing will ever change unless competition heats up, but for right now we have so many options instead of getting worked up over same old bullshit.

Lesnar/Reigns at Mania - Lesnar shoots and murders Reigns. The WWE WHC is arrested but Vince uses his connections to get Lesnar a shorter sentence, broadcasting his defenses from prison. Returns just in time for Mania 32, but swerves everyone and appears at a UFC event where Dana White is revealed to be Shane McMahon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Joe Doring losing the Triple Crown to Go

From boring American dude to boring Japanese dude. AJPW why do you make it so hard for me? Bring in Takayama and give it to him. He's old and not amazing, but I can at least enjoy watching him knee young shits in the face for trying to get his title.
xerrrqtdr6.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wrestling is dope, watch stuff you like and be enthusiastic - it's contagious.

T.A.L

Wrestling Inc. said:
Word coming out of the Royal Rumble this week is that plans for Sheamus vs. Bryan III at WrestleMania are back on for this year's event in Santa Clara. The two wrestled to a No Contest in a Lumberjack Match at WrestleMania 27 and then Sheamus defeated Bryan in 18 seconds to win the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania 28.

Plans still call for Sheamus to return as a heel and it looks like he could be getting involved with Bryan upon returning.

And I believe it will happen

Top Bottom