• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

p4A3iVS.jpg

He should gel his hair straight up like that and start a new trend.

What are you talking about?

Roman Reigns said:
For a non-wrestler, someone who doesn’t even know how to lock up, and if we did lock up, they wouldn’t know what to do, for them to critique any of us, it really does pop me. [...] That’s what haters do. They hate because they hate their lives.

Roman's not gonna stand for any smark bullshit.

Roman's not gonna stand for any smark bullshit.

Reigns gets Diesel comparisons all the time, they need to go all out and do the "I'm only gonna fist bump/shake hands with fans who wear the glove, BROTHER" when he started to become a tweener. They're totally going to start selling Roman's wrist guard thing aren't they?

Watched Tenryu vs Hase from the '93 G1 - a great example of how early 90's Tenryu can be a bit shit. On the one hand, the match is great because it's ALL Hase. Tenryu gets no momentum going and Hase just beats him at his own game, but, on the other hand it's ultimately disappointing because Tenryu's inevitable comeback and victory are so lazy looking. Late 80's Tenryu's all like "FUCK YOU, JUMBO!!" and lariats people really hard. Late 90's Tenryu is all about punching and chopping people really, really fucking hard, but early 90's Tenryu often means weak powerbombs, lazy enziguris and just a general "I've got my own promotion and a talent exchange deal with WWF, this shit is beneath me" no fucks given attitude. It took someone like Hashimoto to get a killer match out of Tenryu in his SWS/early WAR days.

1J9RUuO.gif

04oKq3B.gif

What the fuck is going on in here? Everyone is at each other's throat but not in the fun and playful way. This is not the community I fell in love with.

The OT sets the tone for the thread, it seems.

strobogo

Banned
New Age Outlaws Vs. Ascension
Mizdow Miz Vs. Usos
WWE title
Rumble

That's all I remember.

Yeah, like those people who hang out in threads/topics about stuff that they hate just to get pissy with people who actually like it. Just like gamefaqs. I mean, who does that?

ibdr3pvL9gPw5T.gif

Watched Tenryu vs Hase from the '93 G1 - a great example of how early 90's Tenryu can be a bit shit. On the one hand, the match is great because it's ALL Hase. Tenryu gets no momentum going and Hase just beats him at his own game, but, on the other hand it's ultimately disappointing because Tenryu's inevitable comeback and victory are so lazy looking. Late 80's Tenryu's all like "FUCK YOU, JUMBO!!" and lariats people really hard. Late 90's Tenryu is all about punching and chopping people really, really fucking hard, but early 90's Tenryu often means weak powerbombs, lazy enziguris and just a general "I've got my own promotion and a talent exchange deal with WWF, this shit is beneath me" no fucks given attitude. It took someone like Hashimoto to get a killer match out of Tenryu in his SWS/early WAR days.

1J9RUuO.gif

04oKq3B.gif

The OT sets the tone for the thread, it seems.

I think even the Hashimoto/Tenryu matches aren't that hot. They would have been 100% more fun 3 years later or 5 years earlier. If they had a match in Zero 1, I'm sure it was much better and grumpier.

Kaladin

Forget Fast Lane, this is why you should part with $9.99 for a WWE Network subscription in February:

February 11th NXT Takeover Live:

Non-Title Grudge Match:
10384654_781503885232511_1782342911852602092_n.jpg

Fatal Four Way for the NXT Women's Championship:
10606156_781504511899115_5895508952329872095_n.jpg

and that's just the beginning

StevieWhite

Totally. No one in this city gives a shit about the Sixers in general so I wouldn't expect the WWE to even bring them up.

Lesnar, Mizdow, and Bryan will likely be the biggest faces of the night.

StevieWhite, are you also going?

Yessir. Checking out JR's show earlier in the day too.

Ozone

Forget Fast Lane, this is why you should part with $9.99 for a WWE Network subscription in February:

Non-Title Grudge Match:

So they're just calling this one Takeover without any subtitle?

Vylash

100 percent convinced they're taking the title off of Charlotte this time and, unfortunately, calling her up, i'm happy with anyone other than Becky Lynch winning it

I never paid much attention to stro's avatar and had always assumed that it was a picture of Mortis, which led to many questions.

What do you think Jarrett's next move with GFW is?

100 percent convinced they're taking the title off of Charlotte this time and, unfortunately, calling her up, i'm happy with anyone other than Becky Lynch winning it

Giving it to Sasha so she can transition it to Bayley makes sense.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm looking for the best Rude Awakening ever done by Rick Rude, any suggestions?

What do you think Jarrett's next move with GFW is?

Asistencia Asesoría y Administración is what they are currently trying to work with.

Sephzilla

I kind of wish they'd stop calling the NXT events "Takeover: Subtitle". It reminds me of how every PPV in the mid 90s was a fucking In Your House.

Xater

Non-Title Grudge Match:

Aw yiss!

Zayn vs Owens I am already looking forward to.

Also Naito needs to continue wearing a mask. Thx!

Kaladin

Two things that annoy me to no end on NXT:

The way the announcers and everyone emphasizes the B in names and words that start with it. Banks, Boss, Becky, Bailey, Bliss......and it feels like they're drawn to names that start with B too. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also...Albert....come on man, get off Itami's hype train. Yeah, we know you worked in Japan with him and Balor, but you don't have to push it every time he's in the ring.....FIGHTING SPIRIT OMG!!!!!

Top Bottom