• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Aiii

So not worth it
Bailey will fare as well as Emma has on the main roster.

Actually, Bailey is gonna be huge with her gimmick. It comes of as genuine, which helps a lot. Kids will love her, parents will like her personality.

I am not even joking, one of the few gimmicks I see transferring over to a big audience.

strobogo

Banned
stro, you should join #TeamNXT, the koolaid is good over here.

As far as I can tell, at least they haven't announced anything.

I have no issues with NXT besides the announcing, Corbin/Dempsy, and how bad Kenta has looked. But I'm not interested enough to watch every week.

I never paid much attention to stro's avatar and had always assumed that it was a picture of Mortis, which led to many questions.

What do you think Jarrett's next move with GFW is?

Giving it to Sasha so she can transition it to Bayley makes sense.

It's Mortis Soprano. Much like Mortis Bond.

I think I might have to move A View To A Kill to the top of my favorite Bond songs. That's a jam and a half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cik1Nw_--9Y

tumblr_mbbbt8J4Ls1rh5z96o1_r6_400.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_nidh79eOtY1rm6zhfo2_400.jpg

tumblr_nillaem16z1t34v14o1_540.jpg

65gpxZG.jpg

These were my favorite things about the NJPW/CMLL shows

You'll notice Syuri didn't take a backstage photo with Taguchi because only one person in the world likes him.

Also, Tyler Breeze blows.

Two things that annoy me to no end on NXT:

The way the announcers and everyone emphasizes the B in names and words that start with it. Banks, Boss, Becky, Bailey, Bliss......and it feels like they're drawn to names that start with B too. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also...Albert....come on man, get off Itami's hype train. Yeah, we know you worked in Japan with him and Balor, but you don't have to push it every time he's in the ring.....FIGHTING SPIRIT OMG!!!!!

Albert's just markin' out, bro!

You'll notice Syuri didn't take a backstage photo with Taguchi because only one person in the world likes him.

:(

Kaladin

I have no issues with NXT besides Corbin/Dempsy and how floudering Kenta has looked. But I'm not interested enough to watch every week.

Kenta has looked better since he went singles. That was the best direction for him IMO.

His match vs Breeze this week was his best yet.

somedevil

I love how the third NXT take over match the WWE is going to do there own version of
the best of the super juniors match of Balor vs Neville that got them both signed

Plus I wonder where this Breeze storyline is going to go. Will it end like all horror movies?

imBask

Banned
Takeover is 11 days before Fast Lane, a "nothing" ppv stuck between the 2 big ones

HHH is trying to bury Vince's PPV once again

jred2k

Takeover is 11 days before Fast Lane, a "nothing" ppv stuck between the 2 big ones

HHH is trying to bury Vince's PPV once again

Once the roster sees the effort at Takeover they'll work a lot harder to have Fast Lane not look shitty in comparison.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched Tenryu vs Hase from the '93 G1 - a great example of how early 90's Tenryu can be a bit shit. On the one hand, the match is great because it's ALL Hase. Tenryu gets no momentum going and Hase just beats him at his own game, but, on the other hand it's ultimately disappointing because Tenryu's inevitable comeback and victory are so lazy looking. Late 80's Tenryu's all like "FUCK YOU, JUMBO!!" and lariats people really hard. Late 90's Tenryu is all about punching and chopping people really, really fucking hard, but early 90's Tenryu often means weak powerbombs, lazy enziguris and just a general "I've got my own promotion and a talent exchange deal with WWF, this shit is beneath me" no fucks given attitude. It took someone like Hashimoto to get a killer match out of Tenryu in his SWS/early WAR days.

The OT sets the tone for the thread, it seems.

OT does set the tone. That's why my OTs are EXCELLENCE!

Hase's a heck of a dude. I really love watching him work, especially with the Steiners.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Actually, Bailey is gonna be huge with her gimmick. It comes of as genuine, which helps a lot. Kids will love her, parents will like her personality.

I am not even joking, one of the few gimmicks I see transferring over to a big audience.
I admire your faith, but I have no faith in the divas division.

Bryan had the 2k15 developers on the figure four daily show. A choice quote

"The beauty of it is we get a second chance every year."

In spirit of the Royal Rumble match this Sunday, I of course reviewed two random matches from two random Smackdown's, check it out here!

Also, Lesnar/Bryan is the only match I want this year, but it is going to be hard to see Bryan bump for Lesnar :/

Kaladin

Anybody following Deflate Gate? Tom Brady is a smooth operator. He's either completely ignorant to what is going on which makes him look stupid or a really good liar. I'm not even a big football fan and I'm intrigued. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

On the main roster, Bayley will be given the Natalya farting gimmick and trapped on the island of misfit weirdos like Khali, Hornswaggle, and Torito. She will lose 2 minute matches to the Bellas. FACT.

Also, Tyler Breeze blows.
tumblr_inline_n6d65e9tsk1qhyssr.gif

Kaladin

On the main roster, Bayley will be given the Natalya farting gimmick and trapped on the island of misfit weirdos like Khali, Hornswaggle, and Torito. She will lose 2 minute matches to the Bellas. FACT.

This is every diva in modern WWE at some point. FACT

Cagey

Banned
Bayley will be on Season 5 of Total Divas and there will be an episode devoted to the Bellas doing a 90s teen comedy makeover to make her sexy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pretty fun transition by Regal on Hash. This was after Regal tried to tank Hash kicks and Hash just looks at him like 'ok, your funeral'
JJvj7Np.gif

Kaladin

I must have missed the Bellas', Paige's, Lita's, AJ's, Eva Marie's, Rosa's, and Summer Rae's farting gimmick periods or equivalent thereof.

Every diva has their moments where they're given stupid shit to do or fade into the background. WWE can't book women effectively outside of a title run or feud.

FACT.

JavyOO7

The way the announcers and everyone emphasizes the B in names and words that start with it. Banks, Boss, Becky, Bailey, Bliss......and it feels like they're drawn to names that start with B too. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also...Albert....come on man, get off Itami's hype train. Yeah, we know you worked in Japan with him and Balor, but you don't have to push it every time he's in the ring.....FIGHTING SPIRIT OMG!!!!!

OOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!

Zach

Just saw that I had a tab open for Wrestling Observer 2014 Awards that one of you posted.
WORST TELEVISION ANNOUNCER

1. JOHN LAYFIELD (165): 1,378
  2. Jerry Lawler (125): 1,287
  3. Michael Cole (146): 1,252
Hahaha.

I don't think Albert yammering on about fighting spirit is too bad, I like that he acknowledges what they've done outside of the WWE, though him making shit up irks me a little. On the other hand Riley having to compare wrestlers to football players because he doesn't know any veteran wrestlers really gets on my tits.

I don't think Albert yammering on about fighting spirit is too bad, I like that he acknowledges what they've done outside of the WWE, though him making shit up irks me a little. On the other hand Riley having to compare wrestlers to football players because he doesn't know any veteran wrestlers really gets on my tits.

Alex Riley gets on everyone's tits.

BAFAi.gif

giphy.gif

7u0Ty.gif

Top Bottom