• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

strobogo

Banned
I don't think Albert yammering on about fighting spirit is too bad, I like that he acknowledges what they've done outside of the WWE, though him making shit up irks me a little. On the other hand Riley having to compare wrestlers to football players because he doesn't know any veteran wrestlers really gets on my tits.

How about when he was talking about Devitt in New Japan and then said he won multiple Triple Crown Championships?

Sephzilla

Alex Riley is worse than Cole, JBL, or King because can't even use the fallback of Vince being in his hear to justify being so shitty.

Fuck the Rumble, it's PROGRESS weekend motherfuckers.

WtvsBGd.png

YwjwPiV.png

I won't post Havoc's promo so as not to cause Stro to get an aneurysm.

JavyOO7

riley is probably going to get fired after wrestlemania is over. i get this 'cringe' feeling from those that have to announce with him when they are on the air. the last two times i've watched the wwe raw pre show for instance, stanford and graves looked like they wanted to kill themselves hearing riley rant about something.

JavyOO7

Aw, poor Axel. NXT starting out pretty good so far. I hope he has a nice stay at NXT to help people get over and also take out some cards out of his deck, similar to how Tyson Kidd did, in order to show us a new angle of him.

Kaladin

Aw, poor Axel. NXT starting out pretty good so far. I hope he has a nice stay at NXT to help people get over and also take out some cards out of his deck, similar to how Tyson Kidd did, in order to show us a new angle of him.

I think it's more of a Titus O'neil run.

However, if it's not....hopefully he gets rid of the nipple pulling gesture.

T.A.L

Got off work early so ima catch up on Raw NXT and then Smackdown. If I never post again I'm probably in that weird state the girl from the ring was in after watching the tape.

Kaladin

One thing I forgot to mention, and haven't seen mentioned about NXT house shows:

They have their own Jeremy Borash. I didn't catch his name, but all he does is hype up the crowd between segments, he's not even a ring announcer, we got the regular TV ring announcer.

Every diva has their moments where they're given stupid shit to do or fade into the background. WWE can't book women effectively outside of a title run or feud.

FACT.

No disagreement there other than a matter of timing. It might be a while before Paige gets paired with the likes of Khali or Hornswaggle, but Bayley won't get any better treatment but pairings with freaks once she joins the main roster.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Diva is still like the worst fucking name for a division of wrestlers. People shit on superstars as opposed to wrestlers but that makes sense. Divas doesn't until that fucking tv show. From the place that brought you vixens.

nukedawg

Banned
No disagreement there other than a matter of timing. It might be a while before Paige gets paired with the likes of Khali or Hornswaggle, but Bayley won't get any better treatment but pairings with freaks once she joins the main roster.

Is that before or after Rusev does his time with Khali or Hornswaggle? They don't know how to book monster "foreign" wrestlers for too long either.

Diva is still like the worst fucking name for a division of wrestlers. People shit on superstars as opposed to wrestlers but that makes sense. Divas doesn't until that fucking tv show. From the place that brought you vixens.

I've been saying this for fucking YEARS. It's degrading.

djgtu52.gif

The Divas belt looks like a trinket, not a Championship title

djgtu52.gif

The god damn NXT women's title looks far better

djgtu52.gif

All your favorite female wrestlers from NXT? I hope you'll enjoy them on Total Divas

djgtu52.gif

I hope you enjoy them jobbing to AJ for a fucking year long shit feud

djgtu52.gif

I hope you enjoy them as a valet for male wrestlers they're probably better than

djgtu52.gif

I hope you enjoy their comedy romance gimmick

djgtu52.gif

I hope you enjoy two and a half minute matches

djgtu52.gif

It's said a lot about some of the guys; "Don't know why you'd want to leave NXT" but for the women, it's blatant that outside of a larger viewing audience and more exposure and a slightly bigger pay each week, you've got NOTHING waiting for you on the main roster. You're eye candy.

Ew2eohg.gif

JavyOO7

'Diva' sounds really insulting. How hard is it to just call them women? Regal even said 'divas' on the latest episode of NXT instead of women. =/

edit: The above post is on the money. And correct. FACT!

Xater

'Diva' sounds really insulting. How hard is it to just call them women? Regal even said 'divas' on the latest episode of NXT instead of women. =/

The fucking brainwashing is getting to Regal :(

And yes Divas has always been a terrible moniker to use.

Does the winner of the Avatar Rumble get to make the February thread? I'm so confident in my pick that I'm gonna go ahead and start making one regardless.

Xater

Does the winner of the Avatar Rumble get to make the February thread? I'm so confident in my pick that I'm gonna go ahead and start making one regardless.

The winner of the Avatar Rumble has the privilege of getting to keep his avatar unlike everyone else involved.

MC Safety

edit: The above post is on the money. And correct. FACT!

The WWE doesn't use the term wrestler anymore. It's sports entertainer. If you hear wrestler during WWE shows, it's someone's mistake.

Men are superstars, women are divas. That stuff is company mandated.

The Divas belt is awful. And the Divas are an afterthought. That they count Rosa Mendes among their number is evidence of how irrelevant they are.

I was feeling a little bleh and tired and I had to go back several pages for a Paige gif. Pretty disappointing. Maybe things will go better tomorrow....

Top Bottom