• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Ithil

. These results represent a 37 percent increase (24 percent domestically) in subscribers since last reported[1] at the end of third quarter 2014, driven primarily by a successful free November promotion, the launch of the service in the UK and significant additions for the Royal Rumble pay-per-view event.
So, it's dropping right back down after WM? They don't have that six month commitment anymore.

Fox318

EU9iQfE.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY

DMczaf

I keep re-reading the press release, trying to make sure their wording isn't hiding anything. I feel carny shenanigans are afoot.

UberTag

I don't want to call BS on that Network number, but I doubt there are 1 million concurrent users subscribed at the moment.
I can somewhat buy it given the expansion into the UK. The North American number might well be static or decreasing and opening things up in the UK could account for the spike.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I keep re-reading the press release, trying to make sure their wording isn't hiding anything. I feel carny shenanigans are afoot.
We have seen too many NPD PR announcements.

Ithil

Oh you can be sure the numbers are arranged in the most flattering way possibly. I remember their other release saying "INCREASE IN SUBSCRIBERS!!!" and never mentioning they had also lost 250k subscribers so the gain was minimal.
That's just standard corporate stuff.

Explain to me the point of this pre-order/pre-load shit I did for Grim Fandango when I can't even play it despite it being done downloading.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Explain to me the point of this pre-order/pre-load shit I did for Grim Fandango when I can't even play it despite it being done downloading.
If you did it on a Sony system they fucked you and you gotta re download.

Fox318

People who cancel are still paid for the month. Those subs disappear at the end of said month.

If they do more stuff like WWE/24 they will have my money.

I'd love to see the backstage reactions to takers loss the time that goes into everything.

UberTag

I just think the social media blew the whole cancel thing out of proportion.
Meltzer said as much last night.

If the #CancelWWENetwork trending activity actually correlated with substantial cancellation traffic and not a bunch of fans crying but still paying, we'd have probably gotten a different RAW yesterday.

Hasney

I just laugh that someone named after JoeyAbs had a Tweet on the screen in that WWE24 about the undertakers streak.

MSP4Lyf

If you did it on a Sony system they fucked you and you gotta re download.

I deleted it and can't re-download it now. In the store it just says "Start" and it's an endless loop of nothing now.

You stopped giving money to one company that relies on goodwill from their old stuff.
Time to do the same with DoubleFine.

I think WWE's ineptitude has all but numbed from getting worked up about any other company's blunders.

Ithil

They're doing another free month in February, to end after Fast Lane but before WM.
Those obvious work as far as getting subscribers, but of course, there is the matter that they are in fact, free for everyone. So you can only use that tactic so many times.

somedevil

lmao if you think it was a ton of people that cancelled after the Rumble

Yep from Pwinsider:

While the #CancelWWENetwork hashtag was trending last night and most of today, WWE sources indicate that while there were some customers who canceled their subscriptions due to the Royal Rumble, it wasn't such a large amount that WWE considers it a significant number internally.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's FAR easier to type #cancelwwenetwork than it is to go without your favorite wrestling shows.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Been watching 2014 NXT because I was too lazy to find the rest of it so I started when the Network did.

This is a pretty decent show all in all. My two favorite things about it though are the theme and the voice over guy.

Marvel

could never
Been watching 2014 NXT because I was too lazy to find the rest of it so I started when the Network did.

This is a pretty decent show all in all. My two favorite things about it though are the theme and the voice over guy.

Yup, got some 'tude to it. Which is nice.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

But the Ascension? They're the best thing in NXT.

Top Bottom