• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

jmdajr

How many nation wide sports chants has he got over?

this one obviously

ijiQsnRATnS9A.gif

and also

195a6c400819aef15ae968b60c19b7dc.jpg

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sephzilla

What's sad to think about is that if the one-two punch of Bryan's YES chant reaching ESPN via that Michigan State game and Punk quitting didn't happen, Bryan would have never made it to the WM30 main event and would probably be in some universe well beyond the Punkverse in terms of irrelevance.

BFIB

A buddy of mine who was a die hard WCW fan said that to him, RR looked a lot like a WCW PPV from around 2000, just terrible booking all around.

I see the resemblance.

jmdajr

Well, 1m subscribers is nice. But that's world wide. WWE needs to aim for 1m subscribers in North America only.

And fix the video player
And give me a chance to change the resolution
And maybe even show me a message that says the video is buffering?

Fak, if I had to do a heuristic evaluation of the network page / video player, I'd rage pretty hard. =/

I don't think that is true. Who said that? I heard cumulative is all that mattered.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A buddy of mine who was a die hard WCW fan said that to him, RR looked a lot like a WCW PPV from around 2000, just terrible booking all around.

I see the resemblance.

That was like my first post after the Rumble match itself.

It was booked as antagonistically as a late WCW PPV.

Kacho

Gold Member
Oh shit, I had no idea Sasha and Charlotte were two of the women in HHH's entrance at Wrestlemania 30. That's super cool.

Sephzilla

I see the resemblance.

All you need to do in order to see the WCW & modern WWE parallels is watch the Monday Night War episodes. Vince and company fucking bury WCW and talk about all of the dumb shit they did and why it didn't work, and seem completely oblivious to the fact that they're making the same mistakes.

Kornflayx

I bet the guys in the marvel threads all have their separate lists of who has to eat crow, who was mean to them and so on. In this thread everybody can get criticized and made fun of. I don't know what would happen if that happened in their thread.

In short, I love you guys

iwnAvs8F5L4KN.gif

I bet the guys in the marvel threads all have their separate lists of who has to eat crow, who was mean to them and so on. In this thread everybody can get criticized and made fun of. I don't know what would happen if that happened in their thread.

In short, I love you guys

so what? loser.

Verendus

Banned
Roman Reigns is going to headline the "most watched Wrestlemania" of all time, and Bryan will probably be curtain jerking on the pre-show.

The Roman Empire was the right decision.

Verendus

Banned
It's the salt talking but bro.....

We get it.
There is a chance for Bryan vs. Undertaker.

Think about it. Undertaker disappointed the entire world last year, he's probably disappointed in himself too. Wyatt became a jobber at the Royal Rumble. Undertaker needs to redeem himself, and who better than Bryan to give him a memorable match?

It all fits, like two plus two.

I guess what I'm saying here is that I really don't want to see Undertaker vs. Wyatt. I'm good with Cena vs. Undertaker, and if not, then they should put Bryan in there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kane now has the most final four appearances as well. Kane. in 2015. Unless you want to get specific with who hit the ground first between him and Show and counting Rusev.

I love how poorly booked his 'record breaking' elimination was too. Like it was so throwaway. Everything about that rumble's booking felt like it was written at the last minute. Outside of the crowd reaction, it'll probably be the most forgettable Rumble of all time. Even over the Rumbles that didn't get you a title shot back in the day.

Verendus

Banned
I think all of the last four Rumble matches have been quite terrible. 2010 was adequate at best. 2008 was really the last good Royal Rumble in my eyes. Since then, they've been okay, or more recently just bad.

Balee dat.

Toki767

Kane now has the most final four appearances as well. Kane. in 2015. Unless you want to get specific with who hit the ground first between him and Show and counting Rusev.

I love how poorly booked his 'record breaking' elimination was too. Like it was so throwaway. Everything about that rumble's booking felt like it was written at the last minute. Outside of the crowd reaction, it'll probably be the most forgettable Rumble of all time. Even over the Rumbles that didn't get you a title shot back in the day.

With the way they want to book Reigns, Kane's record for most eliminations isn't even going to last for 5 years.

Kaladin

I think all of the last four Rumble matches have been quite terrible. 2010 was adequate at best. 2008 was really the last good Royal Rumble in my eyes. Since then, they've been okay, or more recently just bad.

Balee dat.

What year was it that Punk did the S.E.S. bit in the middle of the ring?

I think that was 2010.

That was the last great bit of booking I can remember in a Rumble match. They tried to do it again with Bray this year but didn't quite match it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Since Rock can just run in and attack people during the Rumble, Brock should have come out, thrown out everyone except like... Heath Slater and then left the ring.

Easy Wrestlemania.

So way more people joined on Monday than dropped off. Bischoff was right, controver$y create$ ca$h.

It's not as cut and dry as that - I'm not planning to resubscribe, but am locked in until March, which is around the time when the last of the '6 month minimum commitment' subscriptions will be up. Many of those may re-sub for Mania, but whether they stick around is another matter.

Fox318

You know what Reigns should have done before the rumble?

Headline a PPV.

If they had just stopped the push Cena shit he could have gotten some good experience.

Kaladin

Since Rock can just run in and attack people during the Rumble, Brock should have come out, thrown out everyone except like... Heath Slater and then left the ring.

Easy Wrestlemania.

I've been waiting for a champ to be able to do that. Invade the Rumble at some point....pick some poor jobber and say "You want a title shot? Stay with me." and work with them to throw everyone out of the match.

They never stop illegal participants from entering the ring, so it's perfectly plausible that it would happen.

Brock would be the perfect guy to do it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Easy Wrestlemania.

There's actually shockingly little outside interference in the Rumbo.

Hell besides the classic disgruntled throw a competitor out who just eliminated you spot cheating really doesn't happen enough for what is otherwise a no DQ match.

Radec

I like this Wade Keller's idea from Austin's podcast for salvaging Reigns.

Reigns vs Brock @ WM

Heyman stabs Brock, sides with Reigns to win the title. Reigns turns heel.

Verendus

Banned
What year was it that Punk did the S.E.S. bit in the middle of the ring?

I think that was 2010.

That was the last great bit of booking I can remember in a Rumble match. They tried to do it again with Bray this year but didn't quite match it.
Yeah, that was 2010.

That Rumble had some good people in there, but not a lot was really happening outside of that brief CM Punk bit, and the Shawn Michaels thing. It was okay.

2008 had a lot of stuff happening, but more importantly, I think Undertaker, and to a lesser extent Batista and Shawn Michaels, did a good job of keeping things going. Undertaker especially put in some work in that match. He was constantly fighting different guys or picking up the pace here and there. Then you had a final boost at the end with Triple H's entrance, Cena's surprise return, and the final three between Cena, Triple H, and Batista.

It's a lot better booked than these past Rumbles, which are basically huge jobber affairs without any direction.

It's not as cut and dry as that - I'm not planning to resubscribe, but am locked in until March, which is around the time when the last of the '6 month minimum commitment' subscriptions will be up. Many of those may re-sub for Mania, but whether they stick around is another matter.

A fair point but I do think this undercuts the idea that people are actually going to leave the WWE over the Rumble stuff. In the end more people are drawn in by the news than go away.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's always fun when you're looking for matches online and you find some, but you read the title and the description... And it's not outright obvious, but you begin to piece it together and realize that it's a sexual thing for the person uploading it.

Sometimes it's really obvious though.

3 minutes of Tom Zenk getting beat up set to Olivia Newton John. Pixiv and DeviantArt could learn a thing or two from the old timers.

The 'WE GOT ONE MILLION SUBSCRIBERS!" patting on the back just seems WAY too coincidental after the backlash of the Rumble and #CancelWWENetwork.

I WANT TO SEE THE RECEIPTS, VINCE!

Top Bottom