• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

That promo in the studio was the best thing they could have done to start this right. Roman looked good and Heyman can sell Brock vs a wet paper bag as a main event attraction.

Mark my words:

Paul Heyman will do more for Roman Reigns than Roman will do for himself in this feud.
Paul Heyman talks about Somoans as if they're Klingons or something.

HT UK

Roman Reigns needs Bayley as his valet.

Bayley dat.

qMOKX.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Not that I feel any hashtag would see great follow-through, but how much of this is coming out of Meltzer's ass? When you cancel, you're still on board until your subscription period ends. How does he know who's really gone?
Good point. There is a pretty big chance they're counting everyone that canceled in that number as well, almost none of them will have ended yet.

Hahahahhaah the Network numbers

welp, so much for anybody who thought they weren't gonna go with Reigns and would change plans last second again

Sephzilla

Meltzer:

''Not many people cancelled, in fact the opposite''

''Post Rumble was strong''

''Sign ups far greater than cancelled''

There you have it?

Uh, aren't most of the people who cancelled still listed as "active" considering their account doesn't expire until mid February? Some of ya'll are really taking the WWE spin doctoring hook here.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Stuff from Meltzer:

872k United States (which includes foreign VPN sign-ups), 128K Foreign Subscribers.

Free November gave them the biggest boost. They saw a boost for the Rumble, and a small boost even yesterday for whatever reason you want to say.

They're still below expectations (which would be 1.25 Million steady-state).

Now the question is if they can sustain a number month-to-month after Mania.

Once they do their quarterly report we'll see how close this is. Remember, WWE cannot lie about the numbers because they are a publicly traded company. If they say subs went up post Rumble; then they had to actually have gone up.

Normally WWE does not count canceled but still have time left subs as part of their subscriber total. They usually count "active" subscribers, which of the last shareholder report, are those accounts that are "active and paying". That way they also don't include the free trial numbers as well as free month numbers.

Uh, aren't most of the people who cancelled still listed as "active" considering their account doesn't expire until mid February? Some of ya'll are really taking the WWE spin doctoring hook here.

People like to have fun with the news before reality sets in. That's true for all of us.

Sephzilla

Once they do their quarterly report we'll see how close this is. Remember, WWE cannot lie about the numbers because they are a publicly traded company. If they say subs went up post Rumble; then they had to actually have gone up.

Normally WWE does not count canceled but still have time left subs as part of their subscriber total. They usually count "active" subscribers, which of the last shareholder report, are those accounts that are "active and paying". That way they also don't include the free trial numbers as well as free month numbers.

Exactly. Most of the people who cancelled post-Rumble are still "active" in the sense that they can access the product. Any smart marketing person is going to include these in their "active" list because it's technically not a lie. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a dropoff shortly after NXT Takeover or a bigger dropoff after Mania

Nekofrog

Banned
the saddest thing about reigns is that, if they had just waited and let him develop naturally, get some solid solo in ring experience, and let him progress and "find" himself as a wrest -- sports entertainmenter, he'd be huge in a few years.

but no, we gotta go full millennial and GOTTA HAVE IT NOW

Sephzilla

the saddest thing about reigns is that, if they had just waited and let him develop naturally, get some solid solo in ring experience, and let him progress and "find" himself as a wrest -- sports entertainmenter, he'd be huge in a few years.

I'm pretty sure 99% of WrassleGAF would agree with you on this. I don't hate Roman, in fact I really want to like the guy, but he's getting pushed about a year too early and he's not entertaining enough right now to warrant his level on the card.

jmdajr

I'm pretty sure 99% of WrassleGAF would agree with you on this. I don't hate Roman, in fact I really want to like the guy, but he's getting pushed about a year too early and he's not entertaining enough right now to warrant his level on the card.

Pretty much. Vince is not patient enough to milk D. Bry while he can. Reigns is young. It will be ok Pops.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm now 100% for the Roman Empire. He can spear. He can superman punch. He can probably do a Power Bomb. He has nice hair. He can say Believe That. What more do you marks want?

jmdajr

Still remember seeing THickie Bella Wrestlemania weekend. She looked pretty damn excellent if you ask me. Definitely not overrated in the looks department.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I like this Wade Keller's idea from Austin's podcast for salvaging Reigns.

Reigns vs Brock @ WM

Heyman stabs Brock, sides with Reigns to win the title. Reigns turns heel.

That was a great podcast. Austin has such a great mind for the business. Wish he was backstage.

I mean, Keller and Austin took 15 seconds and came up with much better ways for Reigns to have won that match. They also came up with WAY better plans for Rock to have been involved. It really shows how poorly WWE is booked right now. Brutal.

UberTag

I don't think any of us are buying the WWE spin doctoring.
I just find it amusing that apparently their shareholders are.
And ultimately that's all that they care about.

That was a great podcast. Austin has such a great mind for the business. Wish he was backstage.

I mean, Keller and Austin took 15 seconds and came up with much better ways for Reigns to have won that match. They also came up with WAY better plans for Rock to have been involved. It really shows how poorly WWE is booked right now. Brutal.
Vince needs his army of 27 writers to properly grasp every nuance of their entertainment storytelling.
They've evolved beyond what we would deem a logical wrestling angle... into something far more convoluted and broken.

Sephzilla

I don't think any of us are buying the WWE spin doctoring.
I just find it amusing that apparently their shareholders are.
And ultimately that's all that they care about.

After Mania they'll also quickly report how many subscribers they have as well since a lot of people will jump in for Mania and then leave after the month.

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 1/26 for cancelled show:

8pm: 4.468
9pm: 4.657
10pm: 4.135

Avg: 4.420

They lost 500,000 during the third hour for some reason.

Top Bottom