• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You ever go on like spotify and look up all the new releases for a week. Not 'their new releases' but just ALL the shit they added that week through the search tag?

Literally thousands of compilations. It is incredible how deep this goes. I honestly don't think I'll be able to get to the bottom no matter how quickly I scroll.

kiguel182

Meltzer:

''Not many people cancelled, in fact the opposite''

''Post Rumble was strong''

''Sign ups far greater than cancelled''

There you have it?

So either people complaining didn't pay for it or the ones who paid and complained still want to subscribe.

I guess Reigns isn't going anywhere, but we already knew that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What a mark for reporting factual news, what a sucker for the machine!
It's just that he might know, but he doesn't know, you know until he knows for sure that uh the thing that he's unsure about might've happened cause you just don't know. I guess.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yall some stupid motherfuckers sometimes. Read a newsletter

somedevil

Because the Rumble match was shit after Bryan got eliminated

Not really because if we use this thread as an example Bryan was eliminated at 9:45 so the drop would of happened in the 9pm which didn't happen.

It seemed after the Rumble was over 500,000 left not to see the interviews afterwards it seems.

Toki767

Not really because if we use this thread as an example Bryan was eliminated at 9:45 so the drop would of happened in the 9pm which didn't happen.

It seemed after the Rumble was over 500,000 left not to see the interviews afterwards it seems.

Aren't ratings an average though? Not the amount of people left over at the end of the hour.

Sephzilla

I was joking, but maybe it was after everyone saw Roman win

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lemme lay this shit all out for you all.

Those of you demanding Bryan be back in the main event, that "the people want him" - you're right. WWE told you to want him. He was their backup plan last year and it came to fruition. You're all a bunch of puppets, and WWE controls you. Do you have any idea how easy it is to tell Bryan's story and have people lap it up because they want it to be true? And now you -think- they're going with Roman Reigns despite your feelings? The same feelings that were played like a violin last year sing the same song today. WWE controls you. You do what they tell you to. They don't hate Daniel Bryan. They love him.

The only way to truly break free, my friends, is to start supporting The Ascension with the hashtag #wewillrise. That's something truly organic.

Heel

They thought it was possible that Daniel Bryan could return to the Royal Rumble through some kind of swerve, but when Daniel Bryan didn't return the Daniel Bryan fans turned off Monday Night RAW en masse to show support for Daniel Bryan.

Anth0ny

Meltzer:

''Not many people cancelled, in fact the opposite''

''Post Rumble was strong''

''Sign ups far greater than cancelled''

There you have it?

Wait... so the Rumble ended, and people signed up? There's no way that can be right.

I can see the # of people who signed up expecting a great Rumble > # of people disappointed and cancelled

but who the fuck would sign up to the network after the rumble? you might as well wait for Mania month at that point.

And when Mania ends they're going to lose 50% of their subscribers. That's my prediction. Who the fuck cares about the post Rumble + Mania season until Summer Slam?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They thought it was possible that Daniel Bryan could return to the Royal Rumble through some kind of swerve, but when Daniel Bryan didn't return the Daniel Bryan fans turned off Monday Night RAW en masse to show support for Daniel Bryan.

They would be notified through text message and a Twitter campaign if Bryan returned, then it would be safe to turn back on to Raw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... so the Rumble ended, and people signed up? There's no way that can be right.

I can see the # of people who signed up expecting a great Rumble > # of people disappointed and cancelled

but who the fuck would sign up to the network after the rumble? you might as well wait for Mania month at that point.

And when Mania ends they're going to lose 50% of their subscribers. That's my prediction. Who the fuck cares about the post Rumble + Mania season until Summer Slam?

Maybe the Rumble wasn't bad?
jxRKf3IPzerI2_e.jpg

Crazy theory but the numbers don't lie
jxRKf3IPzerI2_e.jpg

Was it already mentioned that talking about this whole clusterfuck, Meltzer mentioned that in a convo with Batista, Batista said originally Vince wanted him vs HHH to happen on a fucking Raw, and if it weren't for HHH fighting it wouldn't have happened at Mania 21?

It is really possible that every single success WWE's had has been despite Vince's best efforts.

Vylash

Those of you demanding Bryan be back in the main event, that "the people want him" - you're right. WWE told you to want him. He was their backup plan last year and it came to fruition. You're all a bunch of puppets, and WWE controls you. Do you have any idea how easy it is to tell Bryan's story and have people lap it up because they want it to be true? And now you -think- they're going with Roman Reigns despite your feelings? The same feelings that were played like a violin last year sing the same song today. WWE controls you. You do what they tell you to. They don't hate Daniel Bryan. They love him.

The only way to truly break free, my friends, is to start supporting The Ascension with the hashtag #wewillrise. That's something truly organic.

the only viral hashtag movement we need is #FreeRiley and #RileyWalks

j0DR9JCcsucbC.jpg

Sephzilla

You're talking as if the entire plan from Royal Rumble to WrestleMania last year went exactly as planned - which you know is absolutely not true.

XenoRaven

Need your thoughts on the JFK assassination and the moon landing.

Uh, aren't most of the people who cancelled still listed as "active" considering their account doesn't expire until mid February? Some of ya'll are really taking the WWE spin doctoring hook here.

I think it's unlikely that the twitter deal will make much of a dent in one million subscribers, we will see.

About sign ups after the Rumble, maybe people wanted to see what everyone was talking about? Maybe the cancel deal alerted people to the existence of the network? Like maybe that attitude fan never even knew there was a network until hopping on twitter last night, now he can watch all the Val Venis matches he wants.

UberTag

Was it already mentioned that talking about this whole clusterfuck, Meltzer mentioned that in a convo with Batista, Batista said originally Vince wanted him vs HHH to happen on a fucking Raw, and if it weren't for HHH fighting it wouldn't have happened at Mania 21?

It is really possible that every single success WWE's had has been despite Vince's best efforts.
Not EVERY single success. That's ludicrous to believe.
But I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for the past decade or so.

Carnby

It's FAR easier to type #cancelwwenetwork than it is to go without your favorite wrestling shows.

That's why I find hashtags so annoying. People truly believe they make a difference in this world. Hashtags can not end racism, end sexism, sway voters, free hostages, or change wwe booking.

Sephzilla

I think it's unlikely that the twitter deal will make much of a dent in one million subscribers, we will see.

About sign ups after the Rumble, maybe people wanted to see what everyone was talking about? Maybe the cancel deal alerted people to the existence of the network? Like maybe that attitude fan never even knew there was a network until hopping on twitter last night, now he can watch all the Val Venis matches he wants.

This is the same WWE that wants you to believe their aluminum steps weigh as much as a car. I find it hard to trust their numbers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is the same WWE that wants you to believe their aluminum steps weigh as much as a car. I find it hard to trust their numbers.

You're a Gamergater. You'll never trust numbers when they're given from Jane Geddes. She probably doesn't even know what a Nintendo is.

UberTag

Not enough stuttering, but otherwise solid Meltzer impersonation.
Meltzer's far more scatterbrained and stuttery during these "breaking news" segments than he is for the regular shows.
Can't blame people for doubting what he's touting 'cause it's certainly not delivered with an air of confidence.

Maybe people are just horrible and there's no good in the world
Transformers 4 raked in over $1.08 billion last year.
Don't underestimate the appetite people have when it comes to consuming garbage.
Just because the WWE product is largely terrible right now doesn't mean they can't find a way to make more money with a terrible product than they would with a better one.

Are you ready?
Yeah you think you can tell us what to do?
You think you can tell us what to wear?
You think that you're better?
Well you better get ready...
To bow to the masters...
BREAK IT DOWN

Degenerate into something fool,
We just got tired, of doin' what you told us to do
But that's the breaks boy (Yeah)
That's the breaks little man
Break it down

D-Generation X!

Degeneration!

You think you can tell me what to do?
You know who you're talkin' to?
Well you better get used to the way the ball bounces,
You do what you got,
It measures in ounces,
But that's the breaks boy (Yeah)
Break it down

D-Generation X!

Degeneration!

You think you're a big man?
I'll treat you like you're a little man

Yo, tell me what it's like, to be half a man
And must it break your heart, to see what I am BUT
That's the breaks boy
Break it down

D-Generation X!

Degeneration!

You think you can tell me what to do?
You know who you're talkin' to?

Wanted me to be someone else
You can be like a book on a shelf
That you can't read boy (Yeah)
That you can't read little man
Break it down

Who the fuck cares about Summer Slam?

Top Bottom