• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Haven't watched wrestling in so long but I just watched the Royal Rumble, thought it was pretty good until the ending and the way they eliminated Bray Wyatt. That was kind of weak but aside from that I enjoyed it. Made me want to get back into watching WWE since there seem to be quite a few cool wrestlers now like Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan. I also like that Roman Reigns dude too, not sure why everyone is so down on the guy haha. Gonna have to look into subscribing to the wwe network.

I feel like this thread needs a healthy dose of The Fantastics.

i4wvjv45sJCWv.gif
i7P2HBX48hneD.gif

Haven't watched wrestling in so long but I just watched the Royal Rumble, thought it was pretty good until the ending and the way they eliminated Bray Wyatt. That was kind of weak but aside from that I enjoyed it. Made me want to get back into watching WWE since there seem to be quite a few cool wrestlers now like Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan. I also like that Roman Reigns dude too, not sure why everyone is so down on the guy haha. Gonna have to look into subscribing to the wwe network.
Welcome. This is a good jumping on point right now.

Fox318

From what he said on Jericho's podcast, he views the high competition amongst the top talent during the Attitude Era to be key to its success, so if everyone is vying for the top spot they should in theory be all performing at their best.

And you know, weed out the people who are just there to coast.

but people back then had another place to go to.

Austin wouldn't have made it in the WCW. Guys don't have the other places to work.

UberTag

Subscribing to the WWE Network is what all the cool kids are doing. You should get on that.
Do you guys think that we can somehow influence WWE to put Daniel Bryan in the main event of Wrestlemania?
Don't you dare take my Sheamus-Bryan grudge match away from me! I won't hear of it.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Sheamus vs Bryan at Mania. The worst thing about their previous Mania match was the fact that it never got going, they've always had great matches in the past. The 2/3 falls match comes to mind.

I had 0 interest in Dying Light but looking at streams it looks alright so far

I played the first hour or so on PS4, it seems pretty fun but the control scheme is going to take some getting used to - click left stick to run and r1 to jump...what is this madness?

RP912

Banned
Dying Light looks like Dead Island done right....which doesn't interest me one bit. I'm tired of killing zombies. We need to kill plant people this current gen.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't know what it is.

I can sit on my desk at work for hours and no one comes up to me. Then come 6pm and I'm eating my dinner (at my desk) and people all of a sudden need me to do things for them. What is it about food in your hands that make people need help all of a sudden?

#RealWorldProblems
Like a deer drinking water is vulnerable to its prey you in turn become more approachable and less intimidating because you're stuffing your face.

something something nature

something something bbc

#davidattenborough

UberTag

I played the first hour or so on PS4, it seems pretty fun but the control scheme is going to take some getting used to - click left stick to run and r1 to jump...what is this madness?
Can't run and gun the undead without showcasing your l33t parkour skills.
Maybe Brie Bella can use her influence to get Daniel Bryan a favorable push.
A favorable push on Total Divas? I totally believe she can pull some strings there.

Ithil

but people back then had another place to go to.

Austin wouldn't have made it in the WCW. Guys don't have the other places to work.

Sure, but that's why he's trying to foster an artificial competition amongst the talent. Since there isn't an alternative, you have to make them compete with each other yourself.

Fox318

Sure, but that's why he's trying to foster an artificial competition amongst the talent. Since there isn't an alternative, you have to make them compete with each other yourself.

But then won't you end up with guys like Big Show and Miz "accidentally on purpose" injuring guys to protect their spots? Or guys like Edge and Christian bribing writers?

PInk Tape

Banned
Friends, Hyrule Warriors is FnP.
This community is really bad. There are so many wrestling threads on GAF that I figured it must be a pretty strong and cool community, but I was wrong. You guys are miserable. The past like 10 pages are complaining about made up rumors, arguing over your fantasy booking not working out for you, wishing Vince McMahon dead because you didn't like a show, just flat out working yourselves up over nothing. This is as bad as any wrestling message board on the web that I've been to. You guys need to get a grip.

Well it usually is. If you look at the threads before this one, christ, the pages before the rumble you can see that it is pretty chill and welcome here. I'm not saying this thread is perfect by any means, I agree that some of those posts are ridiculous but judging the whole community on things without actually getting to know the people behind it just seems really ignorant to me. I love this community, problems and all, they've welcomed me with open arms and are some of the most kind, open minded people you'll ever meet.

I'm sorry that you feel the way you do.

Lan Dong Mik

Welcome. This is a good jumping on point right now.

Thanks man! Yeah it sure seems like it after watching the RR. I need to find out what other good guys to watch and root for besides Daniel Bryan. Feels like all the interesting wrestlers are heels, but I'm just getting back into it so who knows what I'm missing.

Ithil

But then won't you end up with guys like Big Show and Miz "accidentally on purpose" injuring guys to protect their spots? Or guys like Edge and Christian bribing writers?

I think the corporate structure of WWE has changed too much for that sort of thing to work now. I mean imagine giving a writer money to write a good promo for you, then ten minutes later your segment is cut from the show during a Vince rewrite.

Toki767

Thanks man! Yeah it sure seems like it after watching the RR. I need to find out what other good guys to watch and root for besides Daniel Bryan. Feels like all the interesting wrestlers are heels, but I'm just getting back into it so who knows what I'm missing.

See: Dean Ambrose

Marvel

could never

Watch NXT too.

UberTag

You should root for this fella...

8e1b2f5c2315d01ae8beebfbe4847176_crop_north.jpg

He needs all the support he can get.

Gorillaz

This is all you need to see. On the day every WWE Superstar is tweeting about the Network reaching 1 million subscribers, Bryan took his time follow NJPW who tweet in Japanese. I assume he's using Google Translate to iron out the finer details of his contract.

Was suprised but yea Titus I saw a bit of the back and forth between DB and NJPW's twitter. Found a message Daniel sent to them in Japenese it's best to use google translate to understand it tho

私は、どの色ネックブレースを着用することができますか?

seems to be the beginnings of a beautiful partnership according to the translation of the above

Lan Dong Mik

Nice! I'll be checking those guys out and NxT! Lol I'm already a fan of Reigns but shit who knows after I see how he is on a weekly basis.

UberTag

Was suprised but yea Titus I saw a bit of the back and forth between DB and NJPW's twitter. Found a message Daniel sent to them in Japenese it's best to use google translate to understand it tho

私は、どの色ネックブレースを着用することができますか?

seems to be the beginnings of a beautiful partnership according to the translation of the above
17306%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20daniel_bryan%20gif%20neck_brace%20wwe.gif

The peacock blue is pretty fashionable. He should look into getting corporate sponsorship on his neck brace like Brock and CM Punk (tried but failed to) have on their trunks.

Top Bottom