• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

still keepin' it FnP

Bork%2BTaker%2Bsit%2Bup.gif

Still pisses me off that Kevin Dunn's buck-toothed ass fucked up and showed this during a replay.

I'm making use of this WWE network sub and I'm watching Monday Night War, while I like how the actual show is produced, I find it weird that they decided to make mini auto-biographies of impactful wrestlers as opposed to doing a timeline sort of deal... there's a bunch of info/scenes that overlaps.

I agree with this. The format also makes it seem like every episode is about the single greatest factor in the war's outcome.

Guys/posters (most likely dudes who are we kidding) have already claimed OTs for Captain America 3, GotG2, Thor 3... I swear.

This is the only off-topic thread I visit. This side scares me sometimes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
El Desperado joining Suzuki-gun
kh2rrlF.gif

I still know very little about El Desperado but everything about him is friggity fresh. The mask, the theme, the clothes, the tude. Man carries himself like a stah

I agree with this. The format also makes it seem like every episode is about the single greatest factor in the war's outcome.

This is the only off-topic thread I visit. This side scares me sometimes.

It was my fault for peeking into the MCU thread lol... hey it's all good to enjoy those movies and most people do, they're pretty fun but shit those flicks aren't coming out for at least an year and a half.

UberTag

That made me think Reigns' first title defense would be against Kane, except they actually like Reigns, so they'll probably give him Rollins.
Depends if the Orton feud extends beyond Mania (which it very well may).
In which case I could see Bray or Rusev for image rehabilitation after their losses to Taker and Cena respectively.

There's not a chance in hell Reigns would get Kane. They like Roman.

I still know very little about El Desperado but everything about him is friggity fresh. The mask, the theme, the clothes, the tude. Man carries himself like a stah

One of my favourite things about him is he has a super reckless tope con hilo that New Japan had him stop doing so often because he always ends up about three or four rows deep into the crowd, it's awesome.

Toki767

In which case I could see Bray or Rusev for image rehabilitation after their losses to Taker and Cena respectively.

They are not going to give Rusev to Reigns after Cena already beats him. It'd be an Ultimate Warrior after Hulk Hogan situation all over again.

Bray could work out since he'd have no one after Undertaker is gone. I think an Ambrose turn is still probably going to happen though, probably during summer.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

LOL, them liking Roman has led to everything that has happened so far.

Maybe the best thing for Daniel Bryan is to NOT be liked by Vince; if Roman Reigns' "push" (and promos, and feuds, and personality) is what occurs when Vince likes someone - I'm ok with Bryan doing his own thing at that point.

Ithil

LOL, them liking Roman has led to everything that has happened so far.

Maybe the best thing for Daniel Bryan is to NOT be liked by Vince; if Roman Reigns' "push" (and promos, and feuds, and personality) is what occurs when Vince likes someone - I'm ok with Bryan doing his own thing at that point.

Well once upon a time there was Bryan and Sheamus, Vince liked Sheamus, didn't like Bryan, and booked them as he saw fit. Worked out differently.

Sanjuro

The actions of Sanjuro do not represent the views of WrassleGAF. Sanjuro went into business for himself.

All I know is that Romulus grabbed that brass ring in a way that hadn't been seen until Roman Reigns outlasted 29 other competitors at the Royal Rumble last Sunday

Basically, you new posters just want to play around in the OT like it's some kind of achievement. I see through the lies.

MC Safety

Guys/posters (most likely dudes who are we kidding) have already claimed OTs for Captain America 3, GotG2, Thor 3... I swear.

People call dibs on making threads?

I think I stopped calling dibs when I was six.

Who's the recognized authority you need to appeal to for dibs? Say simultaneous claims are laid? What governing body decides the penalties for disrespect of the dibs?

Sanjuro

People call dibs on making threads?

I think I stopped calling dibs when I was six.

Who's the recognized authority you need to appeal to for dibs? Say simultaneous claims are laid? What governing body decides the penalties for disrespect of the dibs?

Yeah. I made a thread for the TMNT film last year, and some guy and his cronies spazzed out on me.

There is some thread, but its purpose is to coordinate so people don't waste their time doing the same thing.

Thorakai

So lets say Brock Lesnar leaves after Wrestlemania and never comes back again. Do you think he's had a Hall of Fame worthy career? This is of course leaving out whatever happens at Wrestlemania (for now) and ignoring the fact there are some joke entries already inducted. I'm biased to say yes since I grew up with the guy during his Smackdown domination and I'm absolutely loving the presence he brings as Prime Brock. I would probably have to go back to his matches to clear up any goodwill based on nostalgia though. What say you, friends?

Fox318

So lets say Brock Lesnar leaves after Wrestlemania and never comes back again. Do you think he's had a Hall of Fame worthy career? This is of course leaving out whatever happens at Wrestlemania (for now) and ignoring the fact there are some joke entries already inducted. I'm biased to say yes since I grew up with the guy during his Smackdown domination and I'm absolutely loving the presence he brings as Prime Brock. I would probably have to go back to his matches to clear up any goodwill based on nostalgia though. What say you, friends?

he did more in his first 2 years than almost anyone else.

If they put Koko B Ware into the HOF, Bork will get in. The Shooting Star Headbutt is already enough to get him in.

23.jpg

Sanjuro

We're talking about a fake Hall of Fame that doesn't set the bar extremely high. I'm surprised he isn't in already!

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Well once upon a time there was Bryan and Sheamus, Vince liked Sheamus, didn't like Bryan, and booked them as he saw fit. Worked out differently.

So, just confirming my idea that, if we like Bryan, we want Vince to stay away from him at all costs? :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember that time I reviewed an AJPW show? I do. I don't think anyone else does. Boy was that boring. I'm hoping this will go better and get me more into NOAH. There's so much wrestling to watch and it only clears up more when you take out a certain 3 hour weekly show. But what wrestling is good? Well, that's what I'm here to find out. What wrestling is good for you? Who the fuck knows. This is as opinionated as it gets because I find wrestling to be one of the most divergent mediums when it comes to personal taste. Like how some people like The Young Bucks. But that's enough of that. NOAH was the promotion ran by Mitsuharu Misawa, some of you might know him as one of the few men who could contend for 'the greatest wrestler of all time' without much competition. Certainly a lot of Japanese fans would give him that honor. Unfortunately, Misawa passed prematurely due to years of abuse that wrestling and stress had taken on his body. His 'proetege'(sort of) now runs it, Naomichi Marufuji. You've seen him from time to time. He looks like Shinsuke Nakamura's annoying kid brother. Who looks older than him. That's enough of that, it's contract signing time.
9HDUOOQ.jpg

A contract signing is a pretty regular occurrence for title matches in Japanese wrestling. They do it all the time. Unlike American wrestling, no one ends up going through the table at the end. They talk smack or they just say 'I am going to win' and that's that. One thing this will show you about NOAH is what their current focus is. Juniors. Everyone at this signing is a junior heavyweight champion wrestling for NOAH. The tag team champions are there, Cho Kibou-gun -- Hajime Ohara(formerly of CMLL) and Kenou(formerly of Michinoku Pro and Zero-1). Ohara kind of reminds me of Eddie Guerrero. Way more than try-hard Taguchi that's for sure. Kenou was extremely boring 'kick wrestler' archetype who was always overshadowed by Fujita Hayato(imo), but I think Ohara has helped give Kenou a lot of personality. I'm not going to talk about the signing, but my point is that the Junior titles are being made a big deal of. Sort of the opposite of what NAOH used to be and the opposite of most of the 'big' Japanese promotions. It's a weird stance to take, but when you've got the roster NOAH has... I understand why you focus on your much strong junior division. NJPW shows what happens when you book around a heavyweight division but have a bunch of big stars. AJPW shows what happens when you book around a heavyweight division and don't have a bunch of big stars. So I can't blame NOAH for this angle. It's the best part of their current product from the looks of things.
MOwynOq.jpg

Hitoshi Kumano vs El Desperado
Suzuki-gun has arrived in NOAH and the first one out tonight is their masked man, El Desperado. And that smooth, smooth theme of his. As a proper Suzuki-gun member would, El Desperado kicks an innocent bystander on his way out to this tiny little arena. He generally seems very 'over' this whole NOAH thing as he feigns any real interest in shaking hands or kissing babies. He's a cool heel guy. Ref checks him for weapons, he makes the ref check his legs rather than raising them for him. Because he don't work for your company and don't give a fuck. I don't know this other guy. He looks like he sucks. Desperado doesn't even want to start the match the amount of fucks he doesn't give. Finally he gets some generic forearms from Kumano. Kumano goes to get a running start and Desperado puts an end to that by hitting the other rope and spearing the boy out of his boots. Desperado tosses Kumano out of the ring like garbage and begins to unceremoniously lay down an ass whooping to this red trunks nobody. I like that Suzuki-gun are very clearly the heels in NOAH, but Desperado gets semi-chants. Because why wouldn't you chant for that guy just on mask alone. After throwing Kumano into some chairs, Desperado goes back inside to let the ref start counting him out.
SkTMDCM.gif

Desperado is very concerned about Kumano's well-being. Desperado dominates before Kumano can get off a flying fore-arm. This is very clearly an opening match. Kumano gets some fire, some fans care, a lot don't. He's very, very 'Japanese young lion' whatever NOAH equivalent. His offense is cut short as Desperado invokes the powers of THE ENFORCER
DiAlBu2.gif

Kumano goes for some pins. Desperado's finally had enough of this kid, catches a lariat and puts him the fuck down with a Guitarra de Angel
556EMP4.gif

As standard as you can get in terms of layout. Standard babyface vs Masked heel. This match would be nothing special, but I enjoyed the showcase of El Desperado as someone who's only seen bits and pieces on NJPW. He's incredibly solid, very charismatic(for a masked dude), the Razor Ramon/Ultimo Dragon loving young me would have loved him growing up. Certainly wouldn't have any issue seeing him as a future GHC/IWGP Jr Heavyweight champion.

Opening match/press conference down. Going to just put up one post for this and see how I want to do the rest of the event without using up too much bandwidth.

Brock would be in a legit WWE hall of fame. The current Hall of Fame that has the likes of Koko B. Ware? It would be an absolute joke if he wasn't in

Christ almighty, people discussing who has credentials to go in the WWE Hall of Fame.

THE STATE OF WRESSLEGAF

Go back to bitching about Bryan or something. Anything else, please.

Sanjuro

Christ almighty, people discussing who has credentials to go in the WWE Hall of Fame.

THE STATE OF WRESSLEGAF

Go back to bitching about Bryan or something. Anything else, please.

Did you hear about who won the Royal Rumble? The internet doesn't like him!

So like are they not numbering Wrestlemania this year?

What's the deal with that stupid looking play button instead of the 31 in the logo?

Wrestlemania [PLAY] is taking the place of Wrestlemania 31 this year.

Because Wrestlemania ended at Wrestlemania 30. Sorry, folks. Refunds available at the box office.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So like are they not numbering Wrestlemania this year?

What's the deal with that stupid looking play button instead of the 31 in the logo?

It's the whole Silicon Valley thing. I guess Santa Clara or San Jose doesn't sound as cool, and San Francisco is far enough away to be inaccurate to use (insert 49ers city name joke here).

Top Bottom