• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Fox318

He would have gotten louder cheers than Cena & Dwayne. Can't have that.

It would have helped put a younger talent over.

Instead of this

ss67Hnt.jpg

Cagey

Banned
Shadow of Mordor is dope. I don't even like these sorts of open world action hack and slash games and I don't like Lord of the Rings either but stealth assassinating warlords hasn't gotten old in 15 hours yet.

Next years Mania is going to SUCK if you are not an extreme top tier guy. They are going to bring in every retired/part time guy they can to help fill that stadium

Fox318

Next years Mania is going to SUCK if you are not an extreme top tier guy. They are going to bring in every retired/part time guy they can to help fill that stadium

Everyone thinks they are just gonna give Austin a truckload of cash for one more match.

Then again Austin will do whats right for guys on the roster now. He really took a liking to Cesaro during the first podcast interview.

Toki767

The sad thing is they're going to bring back part time guys for one on one matches so people on the main roster will probably only be in the usual battle royal.

And Austin does not sound like he wants to wrestle again ever.

Fox318

The sad thing is they're going to bring back part time guys for one on one matches so people on the main roster will probably only be in the usual battle royal.

Giant truckloads of cash

Giant truckloads of cash

scabro

austin is enjoying the good life man

takin swigs for the workin man

whoppin rat and racoon ass

why would he want to return to a business where the fans can't even enjoy a good honest story of a humble hard working samoan making it to the top

You had a bunch of pissed off people from the Rumble who tuned into a studio RAW episode where there was guaranteed to be no backlash and they did record ratings. Marks ain't going anywhere.

Fox318

austin is enjoying the good life man

takin swigs for the workin man

whoppin rat and racoon ass

why would he want to return to a business where the fans can't even enjoy a good honest story of a humble hard working samoan making it to the top

Austin would have never made it in todays wwe.

Those 3:16 signs are todays Yes chants

you motherfuckers been calling dibs for wrasslin threads for ages

sounds to me like you guys are just bitter that THEIR social outcast hobby is more over than yours

romanreignsshoot.gif

5 years from now, everybody in those threads are still gonna be supporting Marvel, and there will be good reason to

The difference between Marvel and WWE

Alucard

Banned
Ripley is so damn awesome in Alien. She's all fucking business when everyone's freaking out...very practical and asks how the weapons are doing before they head out. She even warns against letting the infected crew member back on the ship. She's always kind of suspicious of Ash. She takes on the alien one on one at the end.

More female characters like this in movies, please. Heck, the Divas could stand to pick up some character traits from this badass. While she's not a total TMF, her actions definitely put her up there.

Sephzilla

Ripley is so damn awesome in Alien. She's all fucking business when everyone's freaking out...very practical and asks how the weapons are doing before they head out. She even warns against letting the infected crew member back on the ship. She's always kind of suspicious of Ash. She takes on the alien one on one at the end.

More female characters like this in movies, please. Heck, the Divas could stand to pick up some character traits from this badass. While she's not a total TMF, her actions definitely put her up there.
Aliens Ripley is absolutely TMF. Alien Ripley not so much

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I just got done watching Barbarella. She's a strong female character as well. I highly recommend the film.

scabro

my girl charlotte could have been that for the wwe

but vince and dunn already showed us what they think of charlotte. she will be in a lesbian angle with rosa within the year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So, honest question.

Why do most people have a problem with roman reigns winning the rumble?

He's inexperienced. He's going from main eventing NO PPVs in singles competition to main eventing THE ppv in singles competition. He's basically as unproven as you can get.

PInk Tape

Banned
All that bloom
"should of"
obnoxious watermark

Truly a movement we can get behind.

You had a bunch of pissed off people from the Rumble who tuned into a studio RAW episode where there was guaranteed to be no backlash and they did record ratings. Marks ain't going anywhere.
They still tune in after all that :lol

nice write-up, Datazord. El Desperado's great, carries himself well. Reminds me, i still gotta watch his match at New Years Dash

Gotta say that was one of the worst Liger matches I've ever seen. Part of it was the match was over-booked but Desperado just looked weak. Liger / Chase Owens was substantially better to give you a point of reference.

Vylash

So, honest question.

super unimpressive in the ring, cuts atrocious promos, there were 3 other babyfaces in the same match who could be in his position and do a much better job, he needs more time before being given his current push

So, honest question.

Among the reasons already mentioned, one that's been rarely mentioned since the Rumble win is: assuming plans continue and he does face Show in Last Man Standing at Fast Lane, the title match at Mania will be Reigns' 3rd PPV singles match. Ever.

I haven't done the math on everybody, but I think the only guy who had less before a world title match was fucking Yokozuna (2). Even if the guy had promo talent, it wouldn't excuse the fact that he's just not ready and still coming off a pretty rough injury (hernias are nothing to fuck with). I know people said he should have won last year's Rumble, but I disagree, I thought Batista was great. I like Batista, and I like Roman, and I wouldn't have seen any problems with him winning the belt at Mania next year.

As is, it looks like they want to get their next Cena project started asap, and I don't think they've given it as much time as they should.

Alucard

Banned
So, honest question.

There are numerous reasons for this right now.

1. His promos have been cringe-worthy. He's talked about Jack and the beanstalk and Sylvester the cat.

2. He's had one good singles match. It was against Randy Orton at last year's Summerslam.

3. His push has felt really unnatural and unearned. Fans feel he's getting pushed for his look alone.

Most fans also don't mind him, but just feel he's not ready for this kind of spotlight, and his booking and writing haven't been helping him.

Gotta say that was one of the worst Liger matches I've ever seen. Part of it was the match was over-booked but Desperado just looked weak. Liger / Chase Owens was substantially better to give you a point of reference.

aw, damn. I did enjoy that match with Chase Owens though. Haven't seen too much Liger old or new tbh

Top Bottom