• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

rrc1594

I went one step better

RoyalRoboCop1_zps203833a1.png

I haven't actually seen the RoboCop remake, but I'm willing to bet RebootCop's actor is better than RoboCop 3's actor though.

lol You just made my day I could be shot today and it would still be a good day LMAO

I went one step better

RoyalRoboCop1_zps203833a1.png

I haven't actually seen the RoboCop remake, but I'm willing to bet RebootCop's actor is better than RoboCop 3's actor though.

I've only seen the training scene in the remake and thought it looked above average. I want unmasked Robocops in the Roman/Rock pic. God Alex Murphy in the third one was so jarring. Especially how iconic Peter Weller was in that movie.

Still; Fan-fucking-tastic picture, friend.

Sanjuro

I'm not sure what movie it was from, but it was a spoof on Robocop shooting off about 10 dicks off of would be male predators.

Its the same feeling I had when I saw Reigns lift both Big Show and Kane over the top rope.

It was from Our RoboCop Remake. A collaboration different groups remaking RoboCop. I found it a mixed bag, but mostly entertaining with some great segments. http://www.wired.com/2014/02/robocop-crowdsourced-remake/ (NSFW)

The beauty of that one particular scene is it is done in such quality which I would believe it's an actual scene from the film.

"Fans have to realize that as opinionated as they are and the way you want it, the company is the same way and they are gonna do what they wanna do...hopefully, at the end of the day, I'm the one getting rich."

Remember when people were feeling bad for Roman? Good times

Sanjuro

Don't watch this unless you like exploding genitals.

Yes. That one particular sequence which replaces the rape scene from the original film has genitals being shot by RoboCop.

The rest of it ranges from completely inoffensive material, dumb, crude. RoboCop is basically burned into my brain verbatim. It's worth a view if you fall into that category.

Speaking of FMW, I downloaded a co-promoted video they did with IWA-Japan which featured Tarzan Goto, the Samoan Headhunters and a bunch of other dudes I didn't recognise fighting in a public bathhouse. It's like a precursor to DDT's 'anywhere' shows, but without the funny. The BJW deathmatch on a TV set of a house is great fun, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speaking of FMW, I downloaded a co-promoted video they did with IWA-Japan which featured Tarzan Goto, the Samoan Headhunters and a bunch of other dudes I didn't recognise fighting in a public bathhouse. It's like a precursor to DDT's 'anywhere' shows, but without the funny. The BJW deathmatch on a TV set of a house is great fun, though.

I've seen that. I thought about posting it on here, but there's titties in the video.

Heroman

Banned
"Fans have to realize that as opinionated as they are and the way you want it, the company is the same way and they are gonna do what they wanna do...hopefully, at the end of the day, I'm the one getting rich."
Wow, shit will make people boo more

imBask

Banned
I heel post a lot here but seriously this time, I don't understand the love for BigE... he was alright with AJ and Ziggler, but even then he was the weakest of the 3 IMO

I saw someone on twitter complaining that Sekimoto's deadlift German's lack impact - it's not about dropping fools on their neck, it's about that slow, perfect arc back into the bridge and the sheer "OH SHIT!" look of bewilderment on his opponent's face as he just picks them up like they weight goddamn nothing. We really need Sekimoto vs Ishii pt. 3 and it has to happen in a New Japan ring.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Big E's career highlight is getting friendzoned on twitter by AJ and Kaitlyn. He ain't gettin no sympy from me.

Now Xavier Woods? That man has my sympy.

Sephzilla

I've only seen the training scene in the remake and thought it looked above average. I want unmasked Robocops in the Roman/Rock pic. God Alex Murphy in the third one was so jarring. Especially how iconic Peter Weller was in that movie.

Still; Fan-fucking-tastic picture, friend.

I saw RoboCop 3 in theaters with my dad when I was like 8 or 9 years old. Young me at the time immediately went "what happened to the guy who played RoboCop ? He sounds and looks different now" and I was immediately worried I walked into a shitfest. Robo 3 was the first movie I ever saw that I was let down by. The guy who plays him in 3 acts so stiff, over articulates all of his lines, and tries to hard to sound like a robot. It really drove home how essential Weller was to the role.

I'm totally doing a RTTP thread for Robo3

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's not really that slow build for Sekimoto deadlifts though because he just picks them up instantly. Like no fucking sweat.

Speaking of germans, that Chase Owens half-nelson into a backbreaker is one of the stupidest looking moves I've seen in a while. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Anyone have a sekimoto match they'd recommend? He looks cool
1 v 1 team elimination thing. He comes in after the first elimination and goes through two opponents then has a third match which is very different in pacing since it's with a MMA guy
Daisuke Sekimoto vs Takashi Sugiura

Kacho

Gold Member
Good ol JR has Mark Madden on his show. Doesn't bring the hammer down like Austin though.

edit: Reigns served his role perfectly as a member of the shield. I don't think too many had a problem with him at all. But yeah now on his own....

I was disappointed at how soft JR was on the RR. He didn't have much to say that was interesting.

Madden was obnoxious but I hear that's his shtick. He was down on everything regarding WWE so it was hard to take what he said too seriously. It mostly sounded like he was just regurgitating stuff he reads on dirtsheets and JR wasn't really responsive to it.

Steve's podcast this week was fantastic. Dude shoots it straight and adds his interesting perspective to it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Big E's career highlight is getting friendzoned on twitter by AJ and Kaitlyn. He ain't gettin no sympy from me.

Now Xavier Woods? That man has my sympy.

I thought he friends zoned Kaitlyn

Xavier is lucky to have a WWE contract. That dude screams 'TNA jobber' no matter where he goes. Doesn't look like a star at all.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wait--so WWE higher-ups think the only reason Daniel Bryan gets cheered is because of the "Yes" chant, and not himself?

Not enough LOLs in the world. Those guys are delusional.

Sephzilla

Wait--so WWE higher-ups think the only reason Daniel Bryan gets cheered is because of the "Yes" chant, and not himself?

Not enough LOLs in the world. Those guys are delusional.

You think they would have realized this when they tried to transfer the YES chant to like 7 fucking different people and it never worked.

Cagey

Banned
I clicked on the thread link in OT and saw a couple posts talking about the Blizzard DOTA-esque game Heroes of the Storm and thought "huh interesting turn of events in WrassleGAF".

It was the Asian OT thread.

Stereotypes smh

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm sure this was discussed, thread on repeat, etc... But, do any of y'all remember your first house show or TV event or PPV or whatever? Regardless of promotion?

Mine was back around 1985 or 86 I bet. I went to go see an AWA house show that was being held somewhere on the UMD (University of Minnesota Duluth) campus. Probably their hockey arena. I remember seeing Greg Gagne, Buck Zumhoff & of course Baron Von Rashke.

What I remember most was the main event. Larry 'The Axe' Hennig & a very young Kurt 'The Double Axe' Hennig, yes the announced him as such, vs. The Road Warriors.

Good times, good times. Please share your memories if you have any.

Being from Greensboro NC, I've gone to a couple of Mid Atlantic house shows, if you can call them that. They recorded the matches and showed some of them on their 1 hour Saturday morning show, but it didn't have any continuity to it like the Saturday night show did. I remember surfer Sting beating up a jobber and the beginning of the Road Warriors/ Powers of Pain feud. Can't remember if it was before or after the weightlifting incident.

I miss the hell out of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling.

EDIT: been meaning to ask, but whats with the Tyler Breeze avatars? Is he NXT guy of the month or something?

Let's not pretend Bryan isn't entirely at fault here. I wonder how much sway he has backstage since he's probably universally loved by the locker room. He probably doesn't care as much as we do. I'm talking out of my ass right now but I honestly think he'd benefit from taking a stand and who knows, he's probably trying.

Also, CUT THE FUCKING HAIR.

Top Bottom