• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

I would say to get rid of the spontaneous nature of MITB and make it so that you have to challenge to a one on one like RVD did but even I know the spontaneous nature is the only thing about mitb that's over.

Ithil

I wonder how long guys like Balor and Owens will be in NXT? They're older guys and honestly seem like they're ready now. Zayn is ready too obviously.

Owens isn't old, he's the same age more or less as Reigns. I'd say he'll be up by the end of the year, HHH probably has some stuff he wants to do with him in developmental (like this Zayn/Owens feud) and by the end of the year he'll probably have gotten in the shape they want.

Bálor I fully expect to be up by the mid point of the year, he's one that was ready the second he walked in the door.

But he busts his ass. He busts his ass like nobody else. The fact that he's still alive is amazing to me when you hear about his schedule. I think Roman's going to be in for a rude awakening when he realizes what being the next Cena is. Even Punk talked about how he was like 'fuck no' to Cena's schedule.

It'll be very entertaining -- The same man who couldn't take a restaurant's crappy service and complained about it on Twitter is going to be the face of the company.

Toki767

I do think it's silly how one person has to beat at most, 7 other guys for MITB for what should be a guaranteed title victory.

Whereas with the Rumble, you have to beat 29 other guys just to have a chance at facing the champion.

Owens isn't old, he's the same age more or less as Reigns. I'd say he'll be up by the end of the year, HHH probably has some stuff he wants to do with him in developmental (like this Zayn/Owens feud) and by the end of the year he'll probably have gotten in the shape they want.

Bálor I fully expect to be up by the mid point of the year, he's one that was ready the second he walked in the door.

Oh wow. I didn't realize Owens was only 30. Balor is 33, so I agree by SummerSlam, he'll be on the main roster.

Itami seems like he needs some more time though compared to the other two.

Kacho

Gold Member

I've thought about whether they would work on Owens physique. I hope he trims a lot of fat and puts on a lot of muscle. The dude could look like a beast.

Sephzilla

I think you should be the number one contender to get a title shot. But I'm old.

Also fuck the rematch clause.

Yes and kind of yes.

I miss when WWE somewhat treated everything like it was a sport and things like winning and becoming a contender kind of mattered still.

Title matches that take place at one of the 4 big PPVs shouldn't have rematch clauses attached to them. The 4 big PPVs should be places where feuds go to die. I'm sick of seeing SummerSlam and WrestleMania main events basically repeated on the next PPV because of a fucking rematch clause.

Radec

"Fans have to realize that as opinionated as they are and the way you want it, the company is the same way and they are gonna do what they wanna do...hopefully, at the end of the day, I'm the one getting rich." --Reigns

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/sam-roberts-wrestling-podcast/e/36776291?autoplay=true

what.

Roman should be a new taker not a new cena imho

If thats only way for this to return..
1683391-3649594.jpg

then so be it!

I watched the Roman Reigns interview again, and deep down I thought 'You know, if WWE were smart this is the ideal setup to turn him heel'. I know that's unlikely, but there's so many nods and confirmation that YES he IS handpicked by the WWE to be the guy. Just make him the Corporate Chump and really drive it home that yes, this is the guy we want and we made him a star. Explain why too

Heritage
Tall
Charisma
Looks Good
Ladies love him

Basically everything Daniel Bryan isn't without directly saying that.

Yeah. Cena may be bulky and awkward when he moves, but I don't doubt that he actually knows how to wrestle.

With Reigns it's like...the last time he busted out a new move was like...a normal suplex or something in one match.

As seen in his matches with Punk, Bryan, and this past Sunday, Cena can really go and put on a great show when he's with talented dudes and cares about it.

When he's doing something uninteresting, that's when he's just the worst.

imBask

Banned
I've thought about whether they would work on Owens physique. I hope he trims a lot of fat and puts on a lot of muscle. The dude could look like a beast.

he's not that much bigger than Bray is, so I think he'll be fine

but yeah I agree that he could look even more like a beast with a little more muscle on

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't have much bad to say about Rusev, but what the hell at him stealing Owens's move.

Is it actually his move? Because I remember Owens complaining about Tensai doing the powerbomb on the apron spot as 'his move' when Tensai was doing it as Bernard years before Steen ever did it.

Hasney

There should have been more like RVD, who announced his cash-in for an event ahead of time.

It's very difficult to do that and have it not make the other guy look stupid. A face on someone like Cena or Brock maybe, but not from a respect angle as that would suck/ Just from an angle that they have to prove to themselves that they're better than Cena because after watching him for however many years, he can't believe that he's won that many titles.

Respect angle would be too corny unless they were Cena's protege in story or something.

Sephzilla

My carny ass fantasy booking

Bray beats Undertaker at WM30, conquers the streak, and Bray literally drains Undertaker's power and causes Taker to revert back to his biker human form

XenoRaven

Is it actually his move? Because I remember Owens complaining about Tensai doing the powerbomb on the apron spot as 'his move' when Tensai was doing it as Bernard years before Steen ever did it.
Well I supposed he had it coming then, but I had never seen Rusev do the move until after Owens appeared on NXT, and I thought it was one of his signature moves.

Their match isn't even for the title.

That's dumb. John 'The Marine' Cena patron saint of the US Forces doesn't even care enough to reclaim the US Title back for America. This guy has no character. Cena fighting for the US Title isn't going to devalue Cena, right? Surely it'll elevate the US Title and Rusev if their match is for the title. Also, it'd actually had a reason why those two are fighting other than... PPV so we need Cena match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Please bring me Sekimoto to the G1 this year. I'll buy it at a $8.40ish price.

T.A.L

Idk guys Cena won the big gold before it was merged. They may know that reigns'reign might devalue the main title. Cena wins the us, merges it with the intercontinental, elevates it like njpw. Still the champ with out the main belt

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is the only wrestling shirt I own
I'd probably buy one with Takayama's ugly mug on it, but he rightfully doesn't seem to have many shirts. I'd love the Bruiser Minody & Takan Hansen shirt Boootaaay posted earlier. Get 4 of my favorites in one shirt.

Toki767

Ugh. I'm so fucking sick of hearing this.

Guy gets a concussion against Brock and suddenly the fact that he carried the last 5 WrestleManias before this doesn't matter anymore.

How about the fact that he's almost 50 years old and he's done way more with his body during his career than he should have?

Hasney

I think you should be the number one contender to get a title shot. But I'm old.

Also fuck the rematch clause.

The rematch clause does have to die. If you want to do a rematch at the next PPV or whatever, how hard is it to book a match one Raw to see if they "deserve" it?

It's offensive that no one has used 7 months of Brock as champion to try and elevate their midcard title as the "Fighting Champion" or whatever. It's the easiest booking in the world and all these hack frauds are ignoring it

It's offensive that no one has used 7 months of Brock as champion to try and elevate their midcard title as the "Fighting Champion" or whatever. It's the easiest booking in the world and all these hack frauds are ignoring it

Even though I'm not super into the idea of Ziggler/Brock - that would have been a good story. Ziggler the reigning fighting IC champion going against Lesnar after he won the Rumble.

Ithil

They already are. He doesn't need to look like Bálor, just not be as fat and put on more muscle. He already looks slimmer and more ripped than he did in ROH, he'll stick with that.

Part of his appeal is not looking like a bodybuilder, he should be going for a more Vader look.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I watched the Roman Reigns interview again, and deep down I thought 'You know, if WWE were smart this is the ideal setup to turn him heel'. I know that's unlikely, but there's so many nods and confirmation that YES he IS handpicked by the WWE to be the guy. Just make him the Corporate Chump and really drive it home that yes, this is the guy we want and we made him a star. Explain why too

Heritage
Tall
Charisma
Looks Good
Ladies love him

Basically everything Daniel Bryan isn't without directly saying that.

You realize you are describing Seth Rollins, right?

Steen's painfully unaware of anything outside the WWE/US indie wrestling bubble - that was the main reason he complained about doing the job for Nak, because he had no idea who he was or that New Japan were such a big deal.

T.A.L

Booking is what his father did.

Which is odd because for this form of entertainment to be based off of combat it tries it's hardest to get away from anything that may make it resemble a sport. I see fight, contender, battle, and training being banned soon.

Ithil

Oh wow. I didn't realize Owens was only 30. Balor is 33, so I agree by SummerSlam, he'll be on the main roster.

Itami seems like he needs some more time though compared to the other two.

It's probably because Owens already has a wife and kids, it makes him seem older, evne though he's the same age as Zayn.
I think Itami is probably going to be brought up around the time of the Japan tour this summer.

Anth0ny

I have two wrasslin shirts. The first I actually wear at the gym:

xgV7mVd.jpg

I also caught a shirt at a Raw I went to 10+ years ago from one of those t-shirt firing bazooka gimmicks:

mc977duy-zqxt4uoizfowosisz.jpg

Pretty fucking awesome. Still have it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rollins has no heritage in wrestling and isn't a "prettyboy" like Reigns.

I'm talking about the first sentence. That gimmick has already been used on a Shield member. Its identical outside of "related to the Rock."

Top Bottom