• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It'll never be his year until he changes his stupid pants.

I love his pants.

duyXlvJ.jpg

jred2k

I kind of thought the WWE would be alright with Reigns if they could get him out in some other media and endure people to Roman Reigns. I just started listening to this Sam Roberts' interview and can firmly say he's hopeless. He needs to go heel as quickly as possible.

I love his pants.

Be honest. Seventy five percent of your love for him is due to the over-sized soul patch.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I'm listen to Sam Roberts' Roman Reigns interview and Roman basically says that people that can't wrestle can't criticize him and that's completely asinine.

I'm learning a lot from the insiders posting on that Sami Zayn video. Does anyone know if they're shooting? If you don't know what shooting is, google it

cLXQeUz.jpg

Scottify

I think Reigns could use a manager/mouthpiece. Not necessarily Heyman, but someone, anyone. The role of the manager needs to make a comeback.

Maybe the Outlaws back in the day were better than the Bucks but not today.

Those of you that subscribe to NJPW's streaming service, does the lack of English commentary turn you off or do you find the product better for it? I ask because I'm interested in it but wonder if I'll lose a lot of the match impact due to the commentary.

I'd prefer good English commentary but honestly the Japanese announcers are less distracting than some of the stuff you get in other places.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Roman Reigns ✔ @WWERomanReigns
Follow
@WWEKidman i dont need hand me outs.. im not hurtin in the pockets by any means old man... and its not a rumor if it comes from the source.

What does roman even know about bugs or cooking? Every cook that cook knows loves his stuff.

Scottify

They should turn Reigns heel for sure. With those comments that sound like pure disdain for the fans, "You don't know how to lock up, so your opinion is invalid." would make for a great heel promo.

They should turn Reigns heel for sure. With those comments that sound like pure disdain for the fans, "You don't know how to lock up, so your opinion is invalid." would make for a great heel promo.

Just go all out and call everyone a bunch of haters. Be the living embodiment of a twelve year old's Twitter account.

I refuse to believe this is the same Roman Reigns in the Powerbombcast. Dude seemed chill as fuck. Disappointing to hear those words.

If they turned Reigns heel I'm just not sure where they would go with it. Are Seth and Roman both gonna be top heels? Not that I mind multiple top guys at all, but WWE seems totally against that nowadays. Seth still has the briefcase, so would they really do a heel vs heel storyline?

Yes, it would be great if WWE could become even slightly more interesting, but I'm happy it's still around. It's the wrestling I've grown up with, so it'll always have a fond place in my life regardless of it's current state (which might be part of the problem). I mean if you had told me several years ago that CM Punk, Colt Cobana, Tyler Black, Kevin Owens, El Generico, Pac, & a whole host of CHIKARA guys would appear in WWE I'd never have believed you. So in someways I feel like they're attempting to change on some level.

What is disappointing are those who hate on WWE for it not being what they want it to be, but never seem to look beyond WWE to find a promotion that is probably offering what they're after.

If they turned Reigns heel I'm just not sure where they would go with it. Are Seth and Roman both gonna be top heels? Not that I mind multiple top guys at all, but WWE seems totally against that nowadays. Seth still has the briefcase, so would they really do a heel vs heel storyline?

People are getting ahead of themselves. Need to see the crowd reaction for the next couple of weeks, but he everything about him is heel. Only downside is what Data said, which is he has no business carrying a match.

Sephzilla

Roman turns heel, joins Seth, and they somehow get Ambrose on board to reunite The Shield as a top heel group set on destroying Brock Lesnar.

How come no one has used these a wrestles theme song:
  • Hit 'Em High
  • Whoomp There It Is
  • Ruff Ryders Anthem
  • Ante Up

Like how come Mark Henry and New Jack are the only dudes to get aggressive Rap anthems for themes?

Toki767

Roman turns heel, joins Seth, and they somehow get Ambrose on board to reunite The Shield as a top heel group set on destroying Brock Lesnar.

You know when they broke up The Shield they were already planning on what to do when they reunite down the line.

I'm guessing they never figured it out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
2014 was the year I turned around on shorts as wrestling gear
kasai.jpg

3lwMryX.jpg

tumblr_nhv1dv7Lse1qj1jhno1_1280.jpg

awesome when done well. You gotta have a unique look to pull them off as a wrestler though.

Fox318

HHH obviously already thought he had a winner on his hands in Owens, this'll probably multiply that idea. I mean, HHH is under pressure for his NXT to produce stars, so far very few of the major NXT guys have actually come up, it was mainly just the nobodies like Adam Rose.

They spent a lot of money on the Performance Center and rebranding NXT, on HHH's initiative. It's not just an ego thing of "I want my guys to be on top", he's got to prove that the whole NXT investment is justified and is producing money making stars. The Shield and Bray are to an extent (even if Ambrose and Reigns are barely NXT guys really) but a talented new guy already selling lots of merch while still in developmental, that's a good talking point to say the least.
You can't blame HHH for the NXT guys doing bad.

I watched the Roman Reigns interview again, and deep down I thought 'You know, if WWE were smart this is the ideal setup to turn him heel'. I know that's unlikely, but there's so many nods and confirmation that YES he IS handpicked by the WWE to be the guy. Just make him the Corporate Chump and really drive it home that yes, this is the guy we want and we made him a star. Explain why too

Heritage
Tall
Charisma
Looks Good
Ladies love him

Basically everything Daniel Bryan isn't without directly saying that.

So basically rehash the Rock/Foley Corporate Champion storyline. I dig it.

I've thought Bryan was similar to Foley in the "not a face that management would want to be 'the face of the company'".

Of course, knowing current day WWE, they'd have Roman start wearing thousand dollar shirts start saying "if you can feel the Reign comin' down" or some stupid shit.

Toki767

So basically rehash the Rock/Foley Corporate Champion storyline. I dig it.

I've thought Bryan was similar to Foley in the "not a face that management would want to be 'the face of the company'".

Of course, knowing current day WWE, they'd have Roman start wearing thousand dollar shirts start saying "if you can feel the Reign comin' down" or some stupid shit.

Nah. He can barely make "believe that" sound effective. They aren't going to stick him with a catchphrase that lasts more than 2 words.

Top Bottom