• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Also another interesting note from the Observer

WWE has made a rule that talent and office people and talent and production people are not allowed to date. They don’t want staff and talent interaction past the professional level.

So talent can date talent, but talent with staff is a no-no.

DMczaf

WWE has made a rule that talent and office people and talent and production people are not allowed to date. They don’t want staff and talent interaction past the professional level.

triple-h-nod.gif

Ziggler and Bryan are probably on there because it's something that WILL burn a lot of time.

Lesnar vs Reigns?
Reigns ain't working more than a 6 minute match
Triple H vs Sting?
Sting ain't working more than a 2 minute match
Undertaker vs Bray?
Undertaker ain't making it to the ring.

But having a 'match for the sake of having a match' sounds like a waste of time, no matter who the talents are. And I don't expect them to have some amazing feud leading up to this.

That's actually a good point. Their two work horses (Rolliins too) going at it. I could see it getting 20 minutes just to appease the crowd. I just don't see how you don't have your top babyface in a big, long match. The crowd would turn on the entire event, especially the main event.

According to the Observer, the Bryan-Ziggler match is being setup from the belief that it will satisfy the fans if they give those two time to work a great match. Dave says the stuff with Ziggler campaigning for the match on Twitter is the start of the build.

Fox318

Can't use the trips way of moving up

But I like his voice too. And his lariats.
I like Bray a lot. I wish he had better feud material. I'd have much rather seen Dutty write an Ambrose/Bray feud.

Bray doesn't wear his serial killer butcher apron enough imo. But yes, amazing look all round.

Bray has a great lariat. I also really like when he just sort of throws his entire body at someone. It has really good impact and fits the character really well. Like there's nothing really refined about it. He just runs into you.

Oh, another thing I like about Bray is that when he knows someone is going to duck his lariat he doesn't just lazily stick his arm out. He whips his arm forward and makes it look like if his opponent didn't duck they would have been decapitated.

Bray's quite astonishing to watch live. Gives me a 'It's still real to me, dammit!' moment with how frighteningly realistic and painful his moves seem. It doesn't come across as well on TV. Ah, well. At least he's already good in basically every aspect. I sure hope he gets the chance to refine everythung with experience, rather than WWE ruining it before it gets REALLY good.

The most surprising thing about Bray to me is the surge of support he gets from the WWE. Twice now they've booked him on a credibility fasttrack to fight big names like John Cena and the rumored Undertaker.

¡HarlequinPanic!;149541740 said:
more bray is best for business. dean feud was pretty great, want to see him having more singles feuds without the family.
Let's all share some of our favorite lines from Bray Wyatt's classic promos. You guys go first.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Hate would require emotional investment. He's a just bag of wet "meh" to me. Does nothing in the ring or on the mic, set up for long term failure.

If anything, hating Reigns for being put in this position misses the point.

I agree, and what people were booing at the Rumble was the process by which Vince arrives at this point. It wasn't that Roman won necessarily, it's that popular guys got booked like they were nothing and it became clear with half an hour left who was winning.

Roman won, and really, it was either going to be him or Bryan, but then Bryan goes out without a fight, really, Ziggler gets knocked out by Big Show in two minutes, Ambrose gets an unceremonious exit, the match was a nightmare. Nobody was out there surviving and doing cool spots when that match is made for somebody like Ambrose to go out and be awesome for 20 minutes.

According to the Observer, the Bryan-Ziggler match is being setup from the belief that it will satisfy the fans if they give those two time to work a great match. Dave says the stuff with Ziggler campaigning for the match on Twitter is the start of the build.

How to book in 2014

"Just shut them up."

Smart on their part, no one will "hijack" the show to get Bryan in the main event if they please them with that. Pretty sad for Bryan, and even Ziggler. It looks like they're going to give Reigns all the rope he needs to hang himself.

UberTag

Remember when feuds use to play out on television via promos?
Now they play out in Twitter interactions which Cole will read back to us on TV. How exciting!

Toki767

Smart on their part, no one will "hijack" the show to get Bryan in the main event if they please them with that. Pretty sad for Bryan, and even Ziggler. It looks like they're going to give Reigns all the rope he needs to hang himself.

This match isn't going to pacify the crowd. They're still going to crap on Reigns.

Good. I wanted Bryan vs Lesnar, but Ziggler is more than I expected honestly. I'm happy about it.

Ziggler/Bryan could actually be fun as a face/face match on Mania, put up a title shot at Extreme Rules and for the love of god don't let them actually touch each other until Mania then let them throw bombs for 30-45 mins.

This match isn't going to pacify the crowd. They're still going to crap on Reigns.

Oh for sure, but they're not going to actively campaign for Bryan if they feel he's taken care of. I think it's very likely Mania ends with the cash in since Reigns isn't going to get the cheery response they hope for.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let's all share some of our favorite lines from Bray Wyatt's classic promos. You guys go first.

People used to tell me I was like an Army Tank with a Ferrari Engine.

You don't have to hate on Bray just because your number one fave Daniel Bryan is going back to midcard duty, Bean.

Have Bryan win the IC title at Mania against Ziggler. Have him feud with Rusev to unify the belts. Gradually, over the year Bryan will make the IC title seem like the World title while Reigns makes the WWE WHC seem like the WCW Hardcore title.

I'm all for Reigns having WWE WHC run like Norman Smiley did with the WCW Hardcore belt

Top Bottom