• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Fox318

Thanks for reminding me again that Mania is near my hometown again.

I'm pissed now.

Dude is the most over wrestler. Any other booker would build him up and have him as a fucking megastar.

Instead Vince looks down on him because of the size.

They would rather have a guy like Khali main event mania then Daniel Bryan.

Really, giving Bryan the IC belt for a long run would be the best idea. It gives a reason to keep him as far away from Reigns as possible and will make the IC belt actually mean something. Then while Roman is main eventing and making Vince happy, Bryan can be having the best matches and elevating the IC belt, making "those internet fans" happy.

Like, this shit isn't as hard as they seem to want to make it out to be.

Heroman

Banned
That roman inteview has made everything they did on Monday useless, and if the boo become a thing , they got a cena , without the fans and talent.

But yeah, it's essentially Jericho or Benoit post-WM20. Not a top star, but high midcard for Bryan.

And it's such a waste.

Dude is the most over wrestler. Any other booker would build him up and have him as a fucking megastar.

Instead Vince looks down on him because of the size.

They would rather have a guy like Khali main event mania then Daniel Bryan.

Yep, it's sad to see WWE just resign people into defeat:

Really, giving Bryan the IC belt for a long run would be the best idea. It gives a reason to keep him as far away from Reigns as possible and will make the IC belt actually mean something. Then while Roman is main eventing and making Vince happy, Bryan can be having the best matches and elevating the IC belt, making "those internet fans" happy.

jmdajr

I don't mind this

So they can be tossed out of the ring like Ziggler to make Reigns look strong?

I hope the fans cheer so loudly for Lesnar and boo the shit outta Reigns.

Well, presumably Rollins would cash-in successfully and then we'd get Bryan / Ziggler vs Rollins at Extreme Rules.

HHH obviously already thought he had a winner on his hands in Owens, this'll probably multiply that idea. I mean, HHH is under pressure for his NXT to produce stars, so far very few of the major NXT guys have actually come up, it was mainly just the nobodies like Adam Rose.

They spent a lot of money on the Performance Center and rebranding NXT, on HHH's initiative. It's not just an ego thing of "I want my guys to be on top", he's got to prove that the whole NXT investment is justified and is producing money making stars. The Shield and Bray are to an extent (even if Ambrose and Reigns are barely NXT guys really) but a talented new guy already selling lots of merch while still in developmental, that's a good talking point to say the least.
Reigns is proof positive that NXT works.

Let's all share some of our favorite lines from Bray Wyatt's classic promos. You guys go first.

"He earns your trust behind his porcelain smile, but he is no man.... HE IS BEAST
But don't worry little children, I am not going to allow him to deceive you anymore for I have him right where I want him
"

I love this segment because of the great vocal range Bray manages to hit throughout the promo. He is filled with righteous anger as he talks about the monster that is John Cena but then turns around and pretends to pacify the crowd as their savior.
Truly masterful wrestling promo.

Seriously. He's Dean Malenko with drawing power (Data give me a history lesson with how wrong I am if you disagree) so why not just make him IC champion? Like its still boggles my mind why they deliberately devalue ANY title in a promotion. It's exactly what JR said at WK9 when the IC title match came up. Is it because they want the roster to try to go up the top INSTANTLY? Austin, Rock, HHH had feuds and angles over the IC titles. I know titles don't mean shit, but why does it have to be like that?

Also, I don't think Dolph ever got his rematch for the IC title. He lost it and was fired on the same night. So you have a built in reason to give him a title shot right there. This is all simple and logical.

jmdajr

triple-h-nod.gif
Heh heh heh heh heh

I hope Bryan and Ziggler are as pissed as their fans are and put on the absolute greatest Mania match of all time.

Still not going to pay for a show where Reigns is in the main event/contention for the WWE WHC.

So Rollins make a face turn in the eyes of most fans and what happens to Reigns?

They should have just given Bryan the rumble win.

Reigns can fuck off to Rusev. And yeah, all this would have been so much better if they'd just have waited a year on Reigns and gave us Bryan vs Lesnar.

As much as I'd love to agree that "this isn't Reigns' year", I think we all know that come next year there would be someone else, be it Seth or Dean or whoever, that we'd want to win the Rumble over Roman. Then we would be right back in the same scenario.

kiguel182

So sad to see Bryan go from Mania 30 to a match with Ziggler. I mean Ziggler is great and all but there's no story there, no stakes. I could care less about that match. I would actually rather have Bryan vs Sheamus since those two have some story together.

The way they treat Bryan is just sad. The guy is the most over guy they have, the majority of people like him and here he is.

Fuck this company.

So sad to see Bryan go from Mania 30 to a match with Ziggler. I mean Ziggler is great and all but there's no story there, no stakes. I could care less about that match. I would actually rather have Bryan vs Sheamus since those two have some story together.

The way they treat Bryan is just sad. The guy is the most over guy they have, the majority of people like him and here he is.

Fuck this company.

It does indeed suck, but you have too much faith in Reigns working out if you think Bryan's gone for good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cena was over during his first title pushed.

'Over' is one feud? Because he was getting booed against Jericho and Angle and those were his very next two feuds when he won the title. He was still unproven at that point, and they still pushed him against the boos just like Roman.

'Over' is one feud? Because he was getting booed against Jericho and Angle and those were his very next two feuds when he won the title. He was still unproven at that point, and they still pushed him against the boos just like Roman.

I've kind of resigned myself to Reigns being the top guy for a long time. Wouldn't mind being wrong.

WWE will be stubborn but I think fans see this as another ten years of Cena and they might fight back even harder.

Or not.

Fox318

Lets assume they have 8 matches at mania

Tag belt match
Intercontinental title match
Divas Match
Andre the Giant Battle Royal
Cena vs Rusev for USA title
Sting vs HHH
Brock vs Reigns for WWE Title

This company should really just fire Bryan. Vince doesn't want to make money. He wants to prove that he isn't out of touch.

Where does he fit in this card? Can Reigns even work a match longer than 15 minutes?

Yes, it would be great if WWE could become even slightly more interesting, but I'm happy it's still around. It's the wrestling I've grown up with, so it'll always have a fond place in my life regardless of it's current state (which might be part of the problem). I mean if you had told me several years ago that CM Punk, Colt Cobana, Tyler Black, Kevin Owens, El Generico, Pac, & a whole host of CHIKARA guys would appear in WWE I'd never have believed you. So in someways I feel like they're attempting to change on some level.

What is disappointing are those who hate on WWE for it not being what they want it to be, but never seem to look beyond WWE to find a promotion that is probably offering what they're after.
Which promotion will offer me Daniel Bryan in the main event of Wrestlemania? Because that's what I want and I won't settle for anything less. And I'm not going to shut up until it happens.

B*tch.

Top Bottom