• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

My only problem with Ziggler/Bryan is that Bryan deserves... more. They both do, but Bryan should be A+ status, instead of forcing him to be a tier below guys like Reign.

Fox318

According to Meltzer, the big increase in Network subs means that WWE can justify paying Brock more, so the likelihood that he re-signs is much greater now than it was a month or so ago. It's not a guarantee, but it's much more of a possibility.

Then Reigns loses at mania.

UberTag

So Sheamus/Bryan is on hold until next year I guess? You can only do that match on the grand stage of Wrestlemania!
I was looking forward to Sheamus/Bryan due to the grudge match aspect of the feud and the fact that Bálor could be inserted into the program as Sheamus' Irish buddy and then we'd get Bryan vs. Bálor matches.

Now we just get a face/face opener match that will dilute any of the D.Brine underdog appeal and we don't even have Ziggles to look forward to later in the card. Hell, it doesn't even build a long-term program for either guy and effectively has them in a holding pattern for two months. This is actually MUCH worse than a Sheamus match would have been.

Then Reigns loses at mania.
Reigns will win at Mania irregardless of Lesnar re-signing.

Reigns/Lesnar is kind of an improvement over Batista/Orton, at least. Lesnar/Reigns has the potential to be at least a little interesting since Reigns isn't a 46 year old dude who's been in main event level matches for 10 years.

There's still potential for surprise there, while Orton/Batista would've been bootycheeks for sure.

Stone Cold was talking about how a Reigns/Lesnar match has a solid chance of sucking since neither of them are real ring generals.

Anth0ny

ziggler/bryan is that match that the internet hypes up as the match of the show, and we'll probably see a promo or two from each guy where they'll actually mention "stealing the show" or "being the best WRESTLERS on the card"

then it happens

and it means nothing

and it's not that great

Thorakai

According to Meltzer, the big increase in Network subs means that WWE can justify paying Brock more, so the likelihood that he re-signs is much greater now than it was a month or so ago. It's not a guarantee, but it's much more of a possibility.

LhQu1op.gif

ziggler/bryan is that match that the internet hypes up as the match of the show, and we'll probably see a promo or two from each guy where they'll actually mention "stealing the show" or "being the best WRESTLERS on the card"

then it happens

and it means nothing

and it's not that great

"but damn, wasn't Reigns/Lesnar the most hard hitting match of all time?"

The campaigning is a storyline. That's the start of your build.
The real insult is Bryan isn't even in the top five matches on the card. He should at least be in a co-main event.
I don't think i'll be surprised if they just announce the WM match out of the blue in the next few weeks on commentary. "Listen to this, guys, Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler have been taking to twitter to campaign for a match with each other at WrestleMania, and I've just gotten word that this match WILL happen at Wrestlemania!" "Wow, they'll certainly Steal the Show!" "WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO DESERVE A WRESTLEMANIA MATCH, MAGGLE"
Lol, I like this picture I recently saw again and found here on Wresslegaf after the Money in the Bank PPV.

BrWJd_lIIAEm_R6.jpg
Wow, fuck, I absolutely don't remember Cesaro being in the World Title MITB match, because the PPV right after it was this

XaDJoqL.gif

UberTag

I don't think i'll be surprised if they just announce the WM match out of the blue in the next few weeks on commentary. "Listen to this, guys, Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler have been taking to twitter to campaign for a match with each other at WrestleMania, and I've just gotten word that this match WILL happen at Wrestlemania!" "Wow, they'll certainly Steal the Show!" "WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO DESERVE A WRESTLEMANIA MATCH, MAGGLE"
You left out the part where they question Daniel Bryan's health and whether this match could be career-threatening.

kama

They'll make us vote for the match on the app first.

then it happens

and it means nothing

and it's not that great

This is how I feel as well. It's a workhorse filler match. The crowd won't be truly invested because it'll be a weak feud and both guys deserve more, plus the "THIS IS AWESOME" chants will be empty appreciation as the crowd tries to prove a point to blind and deaf bookers rather than impassioned chants.

Ithil

My only problem with Ziggler/Bryan is that Bryan deserves... more. They both do, but Bryan should be A+ status, instead of forcing him to be a tier below guys like Reign.

Ziggler should be like, a title defense for Bryan as champion on one of the B-PPVs. It would be a super match, but it's not on for Bryan at WM.

That all Bryan gets is a throwaway match low on the card is pretty pathetic, given he's more over than most of the roster put together.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Hell, I think Orton/Rollins is still a better match than Bryan/Ziggler so it's not even cutting it for me in the workhorse filler sense.

UberTag

I don't want to speak for everyone, but WWE is really a shitty hobby.
It'd be hard-pressed to think of a shittier one. It's why most people either quit or seek out better wrestling promotions for their sanity.
I mean, let's compare it with other hobbies.

If you take up knitting, you get cool things like scarves and blankets to give away to friends and family members.
If you take up watching The Sopranos, you get a landmark show to watch with brilliant acting and get tons of .gif fodder from it.
Even stamp or Amiibo collecting gives you something with resale value.

Whereas being part of the WWE universe just eats away at your soul and leaves you feeling empty and unfulfilled inside.
I'm sure watching Wrestlemania 31 this year will be the embodiment of that experience in a 4-hour package.

Hell, I think Orton/Rollins is still a better match than Bryan/Ziggler so it's not even cutting it for me in the workhorse filler sense.
I agree with you.

Last segment on NXT was awesome,

Zayn has really been doing great on the mic

Takeover might be better than mania lol
It would be a shock if it wasn't. Ditto for most other NXT specials this year.

Man, reading up on all these PPV that I missed during the time I stopped watching wrestling just go to show how redundant it was to have two "world" championships.

Watching WMXXX for the first time, pretty good show. couldn't help but crack up when Taker lost.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Seth shouldn't be doing Phoenix Splashes all that often. A grudge match with Orton, even at Wrestlemania, isn't the time. Save it for an eventual babyface title run.

If they can somehow add Cesaro to Bryan / Ziggler then that would be amazing but it totally wont happen.

Also I am going to be THAT GUY and say the only reasn they are doing Cena v Rusev at Fast Lane is because they want Cena to win now and be added to the title match at mania.

kama

I don't want to speak for everyone, but WWE is really a shitty hobby.

Well they certainly know how to turn something you like into something you dislike. When I first saw Rollins and Reigns I thought 'Ok, they are clearly not quite there yet, but damn I really want to like those guys'. So far they've done well with Rollins, that dude came out of the RR looking like a rockstar and his promo with Heyman on smackdown two weeks before the Rumble was fantastic.

But with Reigns they are about to fuck it up. And it's not even his fault, that's the sad part.

Also I am going to be THAT GUY and say the only reasn they are doing Cena v Rusev at Fast Lane is because they want Cena to win now and be added to the title match at mania.

Yes, I'm afraid that's how it will go and it's a complete waste because Cena as the most over guy in the company has absolutely nothing to gain from this. Instead they could put Rusev over to make him an even stronger monster heel. THEN you feed him to a Not-Cena you wanna push.

Vylash

thanks for coming, Reigns

Paracelsus

The thing with either of these two is that their run is too short.

Cena = debut in June 2002, at Backlash 2003 he had his first world title match in a main event, at Wrestlemania XX he won his first major title on a ppv, and in 2005 he won the world title.

Edge = Debut in 1997, singles run starts in 2001, he misses a year, in 2004 he's back, booed, turns heel, he's world champion in 2006

Rollins and Reigns both have singles careers that are way too short, barely remarkable with writing that goes in places. Rollins can talk, can wrestle but he looks still that spoiled kid claiming he can be with the adults.

As noted, Titus O'Neil's four second elimination at the WWE Royal Rumble match this past Sunday night was supposed to be a one second elimination to tie Santino Marella as the shortest Rumble reign in history. Due to a timing issue between O'Neil, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns, he wasn't eliminated until the four second mark. Vince McMahon was said to be furious over the mistake, as it was the only spot in the match that was supposed to be timed perfectly.

it's just a rumor so take it as is

I don't get it? why would he care if a jobber messed up a spot?

also I figured they would be more mad about the bell ringing twice and commentary fucking up and announcing reigns the winner before rusev was eliminated.

Alucard

Banned
I'm really excited about the prospect of Bryan and Ziggler locking up at Wrestlemania. Looking forward to the story going into it, too. People here seem to have already judged the story before they've shown anything at all on television. Patience, people. Patience. There is no title needed if the verbal exchanges are interesting, intense, and compelling.

also I figured they would be more mad about the bell ringing twice and commentary fucking up and announcing reigns the winner before rusev was eliminated.

Lol Vince can go fuck himself if true. Good on Titus for botching it.

Also I hope to God that Bork signs a new contract with WWE, regardless if he wins or loses at WM31. Guy's one of the few bright spots on the show right now.

UberTag

But that would be Bryan vs. Authority. Haven't you heard that Vince doesn't like doing the same thing two years in a row?
Unless it's Cena vs. Dwayne.
Or CM Punk winning the Money in the Bank Ladder Match.
Or Triple H vs. The Undertaker.
Or Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker.
Or Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus.
Or...

Ithil

If they can somehow add Cesaro to Bryan / Ziggler then that would be amazing but it totally wont happen.

Actually I'd say Rusev will get a dirty win, or a DQ, then Cena wins the rematch at the big show.
Even though Rusev's career would be made by winning at WM, WWE aren't in the business of making careers unless they're Cena or Cena's replacement.

UberTag

None of that shit matters because Vince doesn't care.
He only cared about the silly black man getting pushed into the pool and being humiliated.
That petty bastard just loves to obsess over the most inane garbage.

Incidentally, I would be shocked if Titus isn't future endeavored shortly.

Actually I'd say Rusev will get a dirty win, or a DQ, then Cena wins the rematch at the big show.
Even though Rusev's career would be made by winning at WM, WWE aren't in the business of making careers unless they're Cena or Cena's replacement.
You are correct, sir.

Top Bottom