• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

I'm really excited about the prospect of Bryan and Ziggler locking up at Wrestlemania. Looking forward to the story going into it, too. People here seem to have already judged the story before they've shown anything at all on television. Patience, people. Patience. There is no title needed if the verbal exchanges are interesting, intense, and compelling.

I like your positive outlook but, reality is something different. It is WWE in 2015 the same WWE that is constantly trying to find ways to book around their most popular wrestler because he does not fit what they believe their most popular guy should be. The same WWE that buried every single one of their faces at royal rumble just to make one wrestler look good and forgot to actually make him look strong in the rumble itself. Bryan vs Ziggler is basically an exhibition match. It is basically we have nothing for you to do but, if we do not put you on the card the fans will riot so lets put them together that way we kill two birds with one stone. They are burying Bryan on the card treating him like the B+ player they think he is. At this point they probably consider him a C+ maybe even B-.

Carnby

Preach.
0OsIhDc.gif

He's such a fucking useless cornball.

tm24

So does anyone else find it extremely hilarious that Super Crazy of all people is the one who gives us the details of the NJPW/NOAH relationship?

I think they can save Regins if they just have him embrace his inherent nerdiness. Promos likening his match against Lesnar to video game battles with his guild and outrageous sound fx as he hits his moves.

Paracelsus

I love it. He goes from laughing, to trying to contribute with some awkward gesture, then to staring off into the distance as he realizes how lame that was.

It's funny because you basically described this. Except well, Rock made the whole promo with two and a half words and a bunch of gestures, while Farooq was muttering something.

holy shit that Observer piece on Reigns and Bryan

Small, weak, ugly, not a draw, only catchphrase over. Literally every bad thing you expect they think about Bryan, they do think. This company's fucked.

Alucard

Banned
I like your positive outlook but, reality is something different. It is WWE in 2015 the same WWE that is constantly trying to find ways to book around their most popular wrestler because he does not fit what they believe their most popular guy should be. The same WWE that buried every single one of their faces at royal rumble just to make one wrestler look good and forgot to actually make him look strong in the rumble itself. Bryan vs Ziggler is basically an exhibition match. It is basically we have nothing for you to do but, if we do not put you on the card the fans will riot so lets put them together that way we kill two birds with one stone. They are burying Bryan on the card treating him like the B+ player they think he is. At this point they probably consider him a C+ maybe even B-.

Outside of challenging for the title, what else would you have Bryan do at Mania?

I'm really excited about the prospect of Bryan and Ziggler locking up at Wrestlemania. Looking forward to the story going into it, too. People here seem to have already judged the story before they've shown anything at all on television. Patience, people. Patience. There is no title needed if the verbal exchanges are interesting, intense, and compelling.

With face Bryan and Ziggler? Well shit.

Ehh, tool is a better word.

"Tool" feels more appropriate for someone who's aggressively douchbaggy, but Reigns comes off as such a try hard that "cornball" feels right. Like that kid in high school trying to impress people but everyone laughs at him behind his back because he's such a noid.

genuine question, is there anyone who seriously dislikes lesnar, or is he the only guy we all love

I'd have to seriously question the taste of a wrestling fan that doesn't like Brock Lesner.

just cannot see WWE outbidding Viacom for Brock, chmbr

Some believe he doesn't even really want to fight, and he is just using it as leverage. And at 38, I'd believe it. Why get paid to be in training camps and doing media rounds for months out of the year when you can do a whole lot less and get paid comparably? Not the same, but comparably.

"Tool" feels more appropriate for someone who's aggressively douchbaggy, but Reigns comes off as such a try hard that "cornball" feels right. Like that kid in high school trying to impress people but everyone laughs at him behind his back because he's such a noid.

Douchebag was another word I was looking for.

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but the fact that Reigns has been acting backstage for months like he has the top spot locked up makes me dislike him. He's overconfident in a bad way.

I mean, Ryback said to the Philly fans he loved they booed Reigns. Pretty positive that a lot of the talent feel the same way.

They need to do what Batista did backstage to people he didn't like.

Do it.

So rewatching the Rumble, were Harper and Rowan meant to team up against Bray? Harper did the finger-gun point at Bray, at which point he attacked Rowan instead.

Paracelsus

If anything, Brock's current aura is totally "I'm surrounded by peons, long gone are the glory days I used to snack with Kurt Angle, cross path with Undertaker, walk around the locker room while guys the caliber of Guerrero and Benoit were stuck in the midcard". You can totally see he belongs to a different class, and I'm not sure it's a positive thing because you have absolutely nobody that looks believable enough to pin him without people breaking their suspension of disbelief and going "that's a forced push, blah". They successfully brought him back to pre-HHH/Cena losses, but it may not be a good thing if he leaves.

I wouldn't say Brock is a homophobe. I don't think Brock is capable of having a phobia/fear of anything. He's just straight up anti-homosexual.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean, Ryback said to the Philly fans he loved they booed Reigns. Pretty positive that a lot of the talent feel the same way.

They need to do what Batista did backstage to people he didn't like.

Do it.

There's no Undertaker/Yoko/Andre equivalent backstage. I heard a funny joke that Orton thinks he is, but I highly doubt anyone listens to that handpicked dude

dream

Some believe he doesn't even really want to fight, and he is just using it as leverage. And at 38, I'd believe it. Why get paid to be in training camps and doing media rounds for months out of the year when you can do a whole lot less and get paid comparably? Not the same, but comparably.

Ego, maybe? I don't know how much of that he has left. At 38, he's proven himself pretty much everywhere.

But I think Viacom's just too tempting of a deal to pass up. He'd walk in and immediately own Bellator, fighting guys like Lavar "Big" Johnson, Cheick Kongo, Colossus Thompson, Kimbo Slice...guys with whom Brock would draw big, but have no chance of beating him, en route to dream fights against Beautiful Bobby Lashley and maybe Fedor if Coker coax him out of retirement.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Wrestling isn't real. The fact that Stephanie McMahon says "B+ player" on the show doesn't mean they actually think that. They don't book Bryan to win everything for the same reason they don't book anyone to win everything.

Top Bottom