• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Your top 5 PS1 games in any order. GO.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear Solid
Crash Bandicoot 2
Final Fantasy IX

...so hard to choose just 5.

Games I still need to play/finish from that era:

Suikoden 2 (own it)
Alundra (own it)
Chrono Cross (sold it)
Breath of Fire 3 (own it)

MGS
Resident evil 2
Xenogears
Blood Omen
FF tactics

Not very controversial

Sephzilla

Corbin has amazing presence, it's the main reason why I haven't gotten tired of seeing him on TV yet. The only other thing about Corbin that bugs me is that he's totally got a "skinny fat" look going on. He's basically got CM Punk's look if CM Punk was actually fat.

Your top 5 PS1 games in any order. GO.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear Solid
Crash Bandicoot 2
Final Fantasy IX

...so hard to choose just 5.

Games I still need to play/finish from that era:

Suikoden 2 (own it)
Alundra (own it)
Chrono Cross (sold it)
Breath of Fire 3 (own it)

PS1 Games
1- Final Fantasy 7
2- Resident Evil 2
3- Metal Gear Solid
4- Silent Hill
5- Chrono Cross

N64 Games
1- Majora's Mask
2- Resident Evil 2 (N64 version was better)
3- Super Smash Brothers
4- Perfect Dark
5- Ocarina of Time

Pure Truth Moment of the Day: N64 games hold up over time a fuckload better than PS1 games.

WrdR5vc.jpg

Only a buck fifty!
Shit, I think that I own the magazine this ad is in.

UberTag

I find it amazing that the WWE was able to find a match type that Kane has never actually lost.
He's 1-0-1 lifetime in televised casket matches.
He beat Triple H and went to a draw with Taker as they both fell into the casket together and destroyed the casket from within before either of them could escape.

Sephzilla

I find it amazing that the WWE was able to find a match type that Kane has never actually lost.
He's 1-0-1 lifetime in televised casket matches.
He beat Triple H and went to a draw with Taker as they both fell into the casket together and destroyed the casket from within before either of them could escape.

I find it amazing that Kane's only been in 2 casket matches his entire career.

If I were Daniel Bryan than I would just quit the company. It's pretty insulting that they won't give him his push solely because of his average/below average looks. It's pretty disgusting and I'd take that personal.

I also have a hard time believeing that if Bret or HBK were in their prime in today's WWE they wouldn't fare much better and at best be in a situation like Punk, never really being "the guy".

Sephzilla

If I were Daniel Bryan than I would just quit the company. It's pretty insulting that they won't give him his push solely because of his average/below average looks. It's pretty disgusting and I'd take that personal.

I also have a hard time believeing that if Bret or HBK were in their prime in today's WWE they wouldn't fare much better and at best be in a situation like Punk, never really being "the guy".

Bret in today's WWE would have probably been like Punk and left. 90's HBK wouldn't have survived in today's WWE because he would have failed enough wellness tests that even McMahon's raging hardon for him wouldn't have been able to save him.

kiguel182

He doesn't look that bad. He could use more rip and muscle though. I just can't take him serious as a squash wrestler when dude looks like a middle school quarterback.

He is a 6 foot 8 quaterback. Seems pretty capable of squashing people.

And yeah, he is not ripped but c'mon he's not fat. So much hyperbole going on right now.

He doesn't look that bad. He could use more rip and muscle though. I just can't take him serious as a squash wrestler when dude looks like a middle school quarterback.

Agreed. Same thing when I think of The Ascension. You can't do a Power and Paint gimmick and look like that.

Ithil

He used to be a fattie so it'll probably take a few years for him to get the right body.
That the guys in NXT are smaller are a big benefit. If most of the roster is big, then the big guys look normal and the small guys look tiny, no one stands out.
Here the small guys look normal and Corbin looks enormous and stands out.

imBask

Banned

And yeah, he is not ripped but c'mon he's not fat. So much hyperbole going on right now.

he's not fat, but I think he's that type of dude that will gain weight very easily if he doesn't eat properly

dang look at him he was one fedora away from being an internet sensation

hi-res-44d105e7114eb8a99010874eb95dfe9e_crop_north.jpg

Alucard

Banned
MGS
Resident evil 2
Xenogears
Blood Omen
FF tactics

Not very controversial

Ugh at the loading times in Blood Omen, though. I stopped playing it because of them.

One day, I will buy and play through Xenogears. Really liked the demo despite the dizzying camera.

Brave Fencer Musashi also gets an honorable mention for me. Really enjoyed it and its charming world.

UberTag

It's funny that if Bryan left WWE at the peak of his popularity and took his fans with him to New Japan or another company, Vince would still be extremely bitter and harbor resentment towards him despite the fact that he refused to utilize him properly.

Xenogears is the real deal people.

RP912

Banned
He used to be a fattie so it'll probably take a few years for him to get the right body.
That the guys in NXT are smaller are a big benefit. If most of the roster if big, then the big guys look normal and the small guys look tiny, no one stands out.
Here the small guys look normal and Corbin looks enormous and stands out.

Big Cass seems like the only dude that looks enormous on the roster. Dude damn near touching the ceiling.

He has a mushy body. He is a wrestler and has a weird physique. He doesn't have to be ripped but his body type isn't helping at all.

Feel the same way about the Usos and Ascension.

Sephzilla

He has a mushy body. He is a wrestler and has a weird physique. He doesn't have to be ripped but his body type isn't helping at all.

Well one half of the Ascension actually has a respectable build. Unfortunately the bigger guy of the two looks more out of shape than Kevin Nash

Kacho

Gold Member
I really like Corbin's presence but... I still don't know if he knows any other moves other than his finisher. Also his 1 line promo backstage after his match made me cringe. Also he needs a beard, he looks like an overgrown teenager

Haha he does look strange. I don't see the appeal of the guy yet. His tattoos don't look good, he has that weird black hole belly button, and him being booked as a monster isn't compelling. Last night I was thinking that the guy needs a Kane suit and mask of some sort if and when he gets called up to the main roster.

kiguel182

I understand what you mean but I don't see it with Corbin. I can see it in the Usos but in this case I think he is simply not ripped.

lol I didn't know he was a quarterback. Crazy I can actually picked that up by just his appearance.

He was actually offensive lineman. He played in the NFL according to the Wikipedia.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta say Corbin has the best entrance in WWE this side of Finn Bálor.

I'm terrified because I agree with you. I think the headlights lighting goes a LONG way, and a dope theme. It works for him.

Let's not forget how the main roster gets you shredded once you're called up. Dean Ambrose had a Muscle Grade of -100 before he showed up, then over the first year, he put on some serious muscle. Looks great now.

Corbin will be a monster. It's just a shame he has one of those nice faces, very hard to take him too seriously when he looks like he's about to cry.

imBask

Banned
Haha he does look strange. I don't see the appeal of the guy yet. His tattoos don't look good, he has that weird black hole belly button, and him being booked as a monster isn't compelling. Last night I was thinking that the guy needs a Kane suit and mask of some sort if and when he gets called up to the main roster.

oh man I love his tattoos though, they're so colorful!

Blood omen's worth putting up with all its technical BS. There's a lot to look at and listen to.

Favorite PSX games...hmm.

FF8
RE2
Twisted Metal 2
Silent Hill
Chrono Cross

The playstation was sooooo rarely used as a multiplayer game console for me, had N64 for that so I kind of have fonder memories of playing those games throughout the years. The first time I saw pilotwings 64 kind of blew my mind.

That said FF8 coming out when I turned 12 was purrrrrrfect timing

Sephzilla

Gotta say Corbin has the best entrance in WWE this side of Finn Bálor.

John-Cena-Not-Bad.gif

I agree with you. The headlights + camera rushing up to Corbin thing is a really cool touch and works amazingly well with his natural presence.

TOP FIVE NXT ENTRANCES
1- Finn Balor
2- Baron Corbin
3- Enzo/Big Cass
4- Tyler Breeze
5- Bayley

T.A.L

I like how the entrances and themes go hand and hand in NXT. That build up almost every theme has makes every entrance dope along with the lighting

kiguel182

John-Cena-Not-Bad.gif

I agree with you. The headlights + camera rushing up to Corbin thing is a really cool touch and works amazingly well with his natural presence.

TOP FIVE NXT ENTRANCES
1- Finn Balor
2- Baron Corbin
3- Enzo/Big Cass
4- Tyler Breeze
5- Bayley

That would pretty much be my list.

Neville has a cool entrance too.

D.Brine seems like the kind of guy who just wants to wrestle, and doesn't care if he's curtain-jerking against Dolph Ziggler or main eventing against Bork Laser. Then again, maybe that's just the image he puts up, and he really intends to run over Reigns with a car and take his spot.

a.gif

He doesn't care half as much as his fans do. He just wants to keep wrestling as long as his body will let him, and he doesn't care if it's for a belt, or in the main event. He won't challenge his spot with Vince, so he has no chance of moving up even if the stuff already mentioned weren't true. It's sad, but if the guy won't fight to be better placed, you can't complain too much when he's where he is and always will be.

rrc1594

NXT was great can't wait for Corbin Vs. Neville. Hopefully we see what Corbin can really do. I still think he is good to go to main roster, he seems like a guy Vince will like a lot.

Top Bottom