• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Kacho

Gold Member
Damn, all of this talk about PSX games has me feeling nostalgic today. I reckon I'll dig out my VIta from the drawer it's buried in tonight and start playing some classics.

Hasney

Are... are you sure?

x-factor-wagner-o.gif

OH GOD I FORGOT THAT ONE EXISTED

Damn, all of this talk about PSX games has me feeling nostalgic today. I reckon I'll dig out my VIta from the drawer it's buried in tonight and start playing some classics.

Classics? Or classic 1000 year old demons?

Bowser

Yeah, my sub runs out two days from now.

So, make that 999.999 thousand fans, WWE.

I cancelled my sub after the Rumble.

I'll probably re-sub for WM (I know, I know), but whatever. Had to make my displeasure known somehow, at least for a little bit.

Aiii

So not worth it

I'll probably re-sub for WM (I know, I know), but whatever.

Oh, I'm definitely resubbing then, for the Hall of Fame Ceremony mostly.

I am not on some kind of "I'll show them #cancelWWEnetwork quest", I'm just not enjoying what they're doing that much. I have Hulu for NXT, so I'm good.

Hasney

I'll watch the HoF ceremony when they put together a card that makes me want to watch a PPV again (or Wrestlepalooza '97). Save up content until it's worth it again since it's still on a slow trickle.

I'll probably re-sub for WM (I know, I know), but whatever. Had to make my displeasure known somehow, at least for a little bit.

Mmm, I cancelled after the Rumble as well, but my sub doesn't lapse until the start of March. Guess I must have got in on that free month before it was announced?

I can't see myself resubscribing with that rumored Mania card. NXT is easy enough to steal, and I'm only really interested in D-Bry/Ziggler, and that's only as a good match. I don't need to watch it live.

Aiii

So not worth it
Mmm, I cancelled after the Rumble as well, but my sub doesn't lapse until the start of March. Guess I must have got in on that free month before it was announced?

I can't see myself resubscribing with that rumored Mania card. NXT is easy enough to steal, and I'm only really interested in D-Bry/Ziggler, and that's only as a good match. I don't need to watch it live.

Free month is only for new subs, existing subs still have to pay for February.

Bowser

Personally I'm going to enjoy watching the crowd shit on Reigns' title win live. That's worth the $10 alone. And I know I'll enjoy D.Brine vs. Zigs and Rollins vs. Orton.

Marvel

could never
Off topic, I have some time to spare tonight and I'm thinking of marathoning some Breaking Bad. Not seen a single episode.

Y'all like it?

Bowser

Off topic, I have some time to spare tonight and I'm thinking of marathoning some Breaking Bad. Not seen a single episode.

Y'all like it?

Never seen it myself. Speaking of marathoning though,, I've spent the past 2 weeks marathoning Game of Thrones. Nearly caught up, just a a few eps of season 4 left to go.

Marvel

could never
Never seen it myself. Speaking of marathoning though,, I've spent the past 2 weeks marathoning Game of Thrones. Nearly caught up, just a a few eps of season 4 left to go.

Great show, I'm all caught up on that myself now.

Kinda lost my gaming mojo atm so I'm into movies and tv.

Kaladin

Friends......as soon as my tax refund hits my bank account (some time today), I'm finally entering the next generation and buying a PS4.

My first games will be The Last Of Us Remastered (pack in), Dying Light and WWE 2k15.

Marvel

could never
Do it. You won't regret it.

Alrighty!

Friends......as soon as my tax refund hits my bank account (some time today), I'm finally entering the next generation and buying a PS4.

My first games will be The Last Of Us Remastered (pack in), Dying Light and WWE 2k15.

Nice.

I swapped my PS4 for an Xbone, I regret doing so since Gears 4 isn't out for ages. Killer Instinct is hotness though, played that the most.

Kaladin

Nice.

I swapped my PS4 for an Xbone, I regret doing so since Gears 4 isn't out for ages. Killer Instinct is hotness though, played that the most.

I look and I just see nothing I'm interested in on Xbox. I like more single player experiences and more RPGs, PS4 is giving me that.

jred2k

I was about to post "Don't forget to pick up..." and then I realized there really isn't anything must have on the console. The start to this gen has been terrible.

Kaladin

I was about to post "Don't forget to pick up..." and then I realized there really isn't anything must have on the console. The start to this gen has been terrible.

I've heard nothing but good things about Dying Light. I'm all for an open world zombie game with a dynamic day and night cycle.

Hasney

Why would you do that to yourself with WWE? It's just horrible, even compared to PS3 ones.

Dragon Age & Infamous are the two games that hooked me enough to platinum them. Now they're games to grab.

joelseph

It was plot relevant, though, not just a time filler. Their match is now a title match.

I was hoping that meant they could fight during the signing because Regal couldn't cancel a match that wasn't happening. Instead they just scratched in the word 'Title' onto the contract.

Bowser

I bought a PS4 last summer and I haven't turned it on it months. I just don't have the time to sink into games anymore, and I never really got into online gaming :/

I'll probably sell it soon.

jred2k

I've heard nothing but good things about Dying Light. I'm all for an open world zombie game with a dynamic day and night cycle.

It came out two days ago. That's thirteen months in to the lives of these consoles. All the best games that have come out so far have been remasters of games from previous consoles.

Hasney

Yakuza 4 is on PS Plus in Feb for at least EU, hope US gets it as well. If you've never played it and have a PS+ sub, drop everything when it comes out and experience the majesty.

H2pzuMo.gif

Hasney

It came out two days ago. That's thirteen months in to the lives of these consoles. All the best games that have come out so far have been remasters of games from previous consoles.

All I know is that I've clocked more hours on my PS4 than I did in the first year of my 360 (So starved for games I bought fucking Ping Pong by Rockstar at full price) or PS2, so I knew what I was getting into for year 1.

Not the Dreamcast though. Fastest out of the blocks ever (and crashed and burned).

jred2k

All I know is that I've clocked more hours on my PS4 than I did in the first year of my 360 (So starved for games I bought fucking Ping Pong by Rockstar at full price) or PS2, so I knew what I was getting into for year 1.

Not the Dreamcast though. Fastest out of the blocks ever (and crashed and burned).

Ping Pong was awesome and only like $30 or $40 when it came out. The first year of the 360 had Burnout Revenge, Geometry Wars, PGR3, Condemned, Dead Rising, Saints Row, GRAW, Oblivion, Uno, Gears of War. The 360 had a really strong first year. I played a lot of online then so that may play a part in why I enjoyed myself so much.

There are still plenty of games I'm excited for, but this gen has been taking a long time to get off its feet. Sony not having a big first party game this fall was disappointing.

I cancelled after Rumble too

What will be interesting is if the day after Mania everyone cancels, I don't think it was a coincidence the biggest PPV of the year comes right at the end of the 1st quarter. Everyone can cancel the network but they may not count them as lost subs until the 2nd quarter.

Also got an email that February is free.

Hasney

Ping Pong was awesome and only like $30 or $40 when it came out. The first year of the 360 had Burnout Revenge, Geometry Wars, PGR3, Condemned, Dead Rising, Saints Row, GRAW, Oblivion, Uno, Gears of War. The 360 had a really strong first year. I played a lot of online then so that may play a part in why I enjoyed myself so much.

There are still plenty of games I'm excited for, but this gen has been taking a long time to get off its feet. Sony not having a big first party game this fall was disappointing.

It was £30 here IIRC, which is less than a full price but damn close.

I'm still amazed at how much I love Saints Row 2 onwards considering I hated the original. Like even now I have the shakes to buy Saints Row IV on PS4 even though I know it's a shit port just to play it again.

UberTag

No wonder Vince is sitting pretty on the Network.
All of the rage in here from folks who bought the Network for the Rumble, will buy it again for Mania and will use it next month for free.
There will be new excuses for you guys to re-up post-Mania as well when some of the NXT guys get called up and you get excited that they'll be well-utilized all over again.

Ithil

I was hoping that meant they could fight during the signing because Regal couldn't cancel a match that wasn't happening. Instead they just scratched in the word 'Title' onto the contract.

Amending the contract is actually a valid thing to do, and they even put their initials next to the change as they're supposed to.
NXT takes accuracy in contract negotiations seriously.

Not live, as I understand, but they go on Hulu.

Yeah, not live but they have revolution there on last season's episode listings. Not sure when the change was made but now I see they have no free eps for regular viewers and everything's locked. Went from everything free to last week's episode free then to none.

Bowser

All of the rage in here from folks who bought the Network for the Rumble, will buy it again for Mania and will use it next month for free.
There will be new excuses for you guys to re-up post-Mania as well when some of the NXT guys get called up and you get excited that they'll be well-utilized all over again.

Meh. I'm sure he'd rather have a steady state of subscribers rather than people cherry picking the best events for $10 each and cancelling outside of that. My sister has Hulu Plus so I can catch NXT on that. Sign up for free months, Mania, Summerslam, maybe Rumble next year. Vince ain't getting $10/month uninterrupted from me anymore though.

I'm not buying for Mania.

And I don't see why it has to be an "I'M NEVER WATCHING WWE AGAIN" decision with you people, otherwise we're just whining and keyboard warrioring. I'll give them money when I enjoy what they're doing, and I won't when I don't.

Top Bottom