• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Super crazy got them scoops

Super Crazy, talking to +LuchaTV, talked about the recent changes in Japan with his home promotion of NOAH and CMLL’s ally NJPW. It’s been reported NJPW bought some percentage of NOAH – NJPW was looking to expand and NOAH was looking to continue to exist – and Super Crazy describes both promotions as one united company, with the politics and people in charge of NOAH very different from when he started. He said all the NOAH foreigners are being booked thru NJPW, and implied NJPW’s Jado was booking for NOAH now. Super Crazy said Jado likes him and he’s going back in March, but Crazy also talked about going to CMLL and many offers he’s gotten elsewhere (AAA, Lucha Underground, even bringing up WWE.) You can probably do CMLL and NOAH now, but Super Crazy didn’t appear to be looking for regular work elsewhere when he was a regular in NOAH.

Fox318

Another good episode of NXT this week.....

who knew that contract signings could still be entertaining? I thought the main roster had wore that wrestling trope into the ground...but less is more in NXT land I guess.

best part is Regal poked fun at contract signings.

Fox318

And hey....they didn't touch each other and it didn't spoil the big bout and kept the big fight feel of it.....what a concept.
Think about it. Guys didn't work or get hurt and a story still got over.

Instead of guys killing their bodies like in TLC while nobody gives a shit.

Mengetsu

If you cancel the Network and this free month is coming up can you use your account you don't have active to use the Network or is this for new and current subscribers?

And hey....they didn't touch each other and it didn't spoil the big bout and kept the big fight feel of it.....what a concept.

But that pen throw to Sami was just perfect.

Sami is really good on the mic. It's a shame getting called up will fuck him up.

I wish Vince would just disappear. The roster is so jacked with talent, and the fans are so invested in certain stars and have such a voice. Such a perfect storm, but it's all getting squandered.

rrc1594

Just watched HHH Vs. Mick Foley Hell In a Cell. Is Mick Foley okay now, like does he have any extreme medical issues years later.

Slizeezyc

But that pen throw to Sami was just perfect.

Sami is really good on the mic. It's a shame getting called up will fuck him up.

I wish Vince would just disappear. The roster is so jacked with talent, and the fans are so invested in certain stars and have such a voice. Such a perfect storm, but it's all getting squandered.

Man, NXT was soooooo good last night. My favorite episode in some time.

Bowser

If you cancel the Network and this free month is coming up can you use your account you don't have active to use the Network or is this for new and current subscribers?

It said new only. Guess you could set up an alt account.

I dunno, it's hit or miss. The free month for November was supposed to be new subs only, but I had a sub last year, cancelled after NoC 2014, then signed back up in Nov (using my same account/username) and wasn't charged for the month.

rrc1594

The guy can barely fucking walk man. He needs DDP in my opinion. He looks super unhealthy.

I remember I seen that match when I was 6 years old. It was the coolest thing ever, but now being older there isn't really no need for matches like that anymore. I mean the Undertaker is only 49 and he looks all fucked up.

A new article has been published over at 247wallst.com, and it provides more details on the announcement made by WWE yesterday regarding WWE Network subscribers.

The article, titled “World Wrestling Entertainment Can’t Pin Down Subscribers,” implies the 1 million Network subscribers reported by WWE is a cumulative total since the Network launched, and does not represent current and active subscribers.

The article references “churn,” which is lingo for Network subscribers who have left, and notes at the end of quarter three of 2014 WWE had 723,174 Network subscribers, with gross additions totaling 285,000 and churn totaling 254,000 subscribers.

Furthermore, the article notes WWE will be releasing its fourth quarter and 2014 full-year results next week, “and analysts are expecting an earnings per share loss of $0.08 on revenues of $135.42 million for the quarter and an earnings per share loss of $0.47 on revenues of $537.56 million for the full-year.”

Interesting.

jmdajr

01_BELLA_01202015jg_0235-209853929.jpg

This Rivalry is real!

jmdajr

Beginning February 3, PS Plus members will be able to download the sci-fi action-RPG Transistor on PlayStation 4. In IGN's Transistor review, we praised its beautiful world, incredible music, deep combat, and original story.

LOL. Why did I even buy this game? I think the message is clear to me. Don't buy anymore more games they'll be 'FREE" soon enough.

darkbanjo

That WallStreet247 site seems like finance clickbait. It's strange that they're reporting something different to everywhere else.

Particularly exciting bit of NXT last night was the
Solomon Crowe tease
. Wonder what the ETA is there.

Beginning February 3, PS Plus members will be able to download the sci-fi action-RPG Transistor on PlayStation 4. In IGN's Transistor review, we praised its beautiful world, incredible music, deep combat, and original story.

LOL. Why did I even buy this game? I think the message is clear to me. Don't buy anymore more games they'll be 'FREE" soon enough.

You buy games so that you have the ability to play them when you want to and not have to wait until they go "free". Not that complex of a concept really. "Why would I go see this movie when I can just wait for Netflix?" Same idea, same answer.

That WallStreet247 site seems like finance clickbait. It's strange that they're reporting something different to everywhere else.

Particularly exciting bit of NXT last night was the
Solomon Crowe tease
. Wonder what the ETA is there.

Apparently he's debuting
at Takeover.

Sephzilla

Because then you still own the game even if you stop your PS+ subscription

darkbanjo

You buy games so that you have the ability to play them when you want to and not have to wait until they go "free". Not that complex of a concept really. "Why would I go see this movie when I can just wait for Netflix?" Same idea, same answer.

Apparently he's debuting
at Takeover.

Ah, cool! NXT does pacing a lot better than mainline WWE. Raw either seems to move at a snail's pace or completely rush things, but with NXT things get their time to build without outstaying their welcome. It feels like I'm watching something where people used their experience and some common sense to work out what the best steps forward are.

It's been awhile since i've seen a pop as loud as Full Sail did when Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake won the NXT Tag belts. Even "you deserve it!" chants. It was like Daniel Bryan on the RAW after Wrestlemania

jmdajr

Because then you still own the game even if you stop your PS+ subscription

It's not the same. I like going to the Theater.
The game experience is no different at all day 1 or day 999999. Well maybe for some online games it is.

It's not the same. I like going to the Theater.
The game experience is no different at all day 1 or day 999999. Well maybe for some online games it is.

The point is when you want a game, you buy it. That allows you to truly own it and play it whenever. If you are fine waiting for a game and being at the mercy of if/when it comes to PS+, then that's your prerogative. But you might be waiting for a long time, or it might never happen. For me, I'm not going to wait on a game I want to play simply because, "Well in 8 months someone else might get it free."

Top Bottom