• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Heel

Quoting day-old news? I'm not sure your newsletter would be topical. I do not recommend it.

The day-old news has since been refuted, making it topical and bringing Dave Meltzer's scoop into question.

I look forward to seeing WWE's quarterly results, where the net gain in subscribers must be disclosed legally, and accurately.

It's very possible that subscriber gains are just as flat as they've always been, but it's also possible that they're doing very well. Personally, I don't know the truth.

Subscribe to my newsletter.

jmdajr

Yeah that was fluff. They can't see the real numbers till the subscription expires which won't happen till February plus Feb is another free month so yeah.

reigns_zpse90ed7a5.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The day-old news has since been refuted, making it topical and bringing Dave Meltzer's scoop into question.

I look forward to seeing WWE's quarterly results, where the net gain in subscribers must be disclosed legally, and accurately.

It's very possible that subscriber gains are just as flat as they've always been, but it's also possible that they're doing very well. Personally, I don't know the truth.

You seem reliably in doubt, I think I'll subscribe.

When is the next one due?

Not only that, but fox318 made an OT thread about it. Now he's got egg on his face.

Anth0ny

I think I'd rather see cena/Bryan at mania than Bryan/ziggler or cena/rusev 2.

We know cena is capable of putting on a five star match (specifically with Bryan), unlike ziggler

Oh god I'm finding myself appreciating john cena. Roman reigns what the fuck have you done

Sephzilla

Why in the hell would you guys want to see Bryan/Cena 2 at WrestleMania? There's no way Cena doesn't win in that spot. I'd rather see Bryan and Ziggler steal the show while Roman goes on to lay a turd in the main event.

jmdajr

I think I'd rather see cena/Bryan at mania than Bryan/ziggler or cena/rusev 2.

We know cena is capable of putting on a five star match (specifically with Bryan), unlike ziggler

Oh god I'm finding myself appreciating john cena. Roman reigns what the fuck have you done

Cenastupidsmile4_zps881f8612.gif

It's pretty damn funny now that Cener is no longer the enemy.

Bryan losing to Cena at WrestleMania would be a giant block of salt shoved into a wound.

That wouldn't be that terrible as long as it isn't a squash which I don't think it would be, they would be 1-1 in their feud. Bryan could come out on top in the final one.

Also Bryan might tone down his goofy good guy persona a bit which will be a nice change.

Not having Bryan/Lesnar at mania bugs the hell out of me. I think Bryan's hot garbage on the mic but he's great in the ring and the david/goliath story practically writes itself. Been looking forward to that match since Lesnar squashed Cena at the slam.

Sephzilla

That wouldn't be that terrible as long as it isn't a squash which I don't think it would be, they would be 1-1 in their feud. Bryan could come out on top in the final one.

Also Bryan might tone down his goofy good guy persona a bit which will be a nice change.

I'd rather not see Bryan go from beating Evolution in a single night to jobbing to Cena the next year.

I'd rather not see Bryan go from beating Evolution in a single night to jobbing to Cena the next year.

What if he used his finishing manoeuvre, "The knee that beat John Cena"

Meanwhile in the main event Lesnar will be using the suplexes that killed John Cena but taking an L to a guy who has had one ppv singles match lol

jmdajr

Bryan should become the longest reigning IC Champ of the modern era.

Fights with Ziggles, Cesaro, Ambrose, and up and coming NXT stars.

What if he used his finishing manoeuvre, "The knee that beat John Cena"

Meanwhile in the main event Lesnar will be using the suplexes that killed John Cena but taking an L to a guy who has had one ppv singles match lol

This is a good point. WWE could finally do away with that term by having Cena kick out of the "Knee That Beat John Cena" 3 times and redub it appropriately.

Tonight is also likely going to be the last casket match we ever see in WWE

Wyatt's gonna get Undertaker's powers, and with them, his gimmick matches.

Hell, he's already had an inferno match.

If we positively, absolutely cannot have him in the main event spot, this wouldn't be the worst place for him.

Heel

Would the Daniel Bryan fans be satiated by him putting on entertaining matches alone? I have my doubts, jmdajr. Something tells me that they want him to have the shiniest gold belt and be the center of attention, too. Which is odd, considering they're driven by the priniciple that the wrestling should matter more than anything.

Would the Daniel Bryan fans be satiated by him putting on entertaining matches alone? I have my doubts, jmdajr. Something tells me that they want him to have the shiniest gold belt and be the center of attention, too. Which is odd, considering they're driven by the priniciple that the wrestling should matter more than anything.
0OsIhDc.gif

Kaladin

I must be the only person that doesn't really hate John Cena.

I don't hate him, and recognize that he can put on a good match. But him having a good match is VERY dependant on his opponent. He can't carry a match on his own. Also, his schtick has gotten very old....I wish they would let him change things up a bit.

I don't hate him, and recognize that he can put on a good match. But him having a good match is VERY dependant on his opponent. He can't carry a match on his own. Also, his schtick has gotten very old....I wish they would let him change things up a bit.

Yeah give us corporate Cena who admits he is all about that money and life.

Xater

I must be the only one that never really hated John Cena all that much to begin with.

I think most people are more sick of him and how he has been handled. I'm not fond of the guy but hate is probably too strong of a word.

It seems like they plan to do the same thing with Reigns a guy that is much less talented. WWE might have some dark times ahead.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I can't be the only one who finds hardcore Bryan fans' tunnel vision annoying.

JavyOO7

With the current creative direction, I don't see any of the titles meaning anything. To the guy that matters, all the titles are is props. Its so weird Vince would think that way considering the word Wrestling is right behind the entertainment part. I think another ten years of Vince running things and then finally the creative direction of the company will change. =p

kiguel182

Well, I'm a Bryan mark and I never said that.

Kaladin

Unpopular Opinion Time:

After watching the Blake & Murphy NXT tag title win this week, I'm still not feeling them as a team. They're a classic WWE style tag team. There was nothing exceptional about their teamwork or presence together. They got lucky on the title win too off Kalisto not seeing the blind tag. They're just kinda bland but with a good WWE style workrate.

Top Bottom