• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

DMczaf

01_BELLA_01202015jg_0235-209853929.jpg

This Rivalry is real!

It's 2015 and Seattle is still represented by flannel shirt tied around a girl's waist.

*plays Pearl Jam*

Ah, cool! NXT does pacing a lot better than mainline WWE. Raw either seems to move at a snail's pace or completely rush things, but with NXT things get their time to build without outstaying their welcome. It feels like I'm watching something where people used their experience and some common sense to work out what the best steps forward are.

It helps a lot that it is all written by one guy and that guy isn't Vince McMahon. And that guy also doesn't know nothing about and/or despise wrestling.

Interesting.

WWE put these numbers out to work shareholders and as a fuck you to people that were using the #cancelwwenetwork hash tag. Numbers weren't supposed to be put out until next month and were supposed to be effective as of December. This number they put out isn't sustainable in any way.

jmdajr

The point is when you want a game, you buy it. That allows you to truly own it and play it whenever. If you are fine waiting for a game and being at the mercy of if/when it comes to PS+, then that's your prerogative. But you might be waiting for a long time, or it might never happen. For me, I'm not going to wait on a game I want to play simply because, "Well in 8 months someone else might get it free."

At their mercy? lol. I'm not even thinking about it really. There are some games I buy because they go on sale and are rated well/liked. But next thing I know... they are free!

If I really wanted a game I'd do the next sensible thing.... price drop!

Kaladin

You guys worry too much about Sami Zayn, he'll be fine on the main roster. You know why? He's got the one thing Vince looks for. He connects with the audience on every level.

He might be Dolph Ziggler for a while on the main roster, but I feel like he's better on the mic than Dolph so he'll go farther.

imBask

Banned
When Cena dumps Nikki, she'll just jump to whatever team

is there like a "go to" team for people who don't know anything about Football?

like in the NHL anyone who wants to bandwagon a team usually goes for Chicago or Pittsburgh, is there a similar thing in the NFL?

Sephzilla

You guys worry too much about Sami Zayn, he'll be fine on the main roster. You know why? He's got the one thing Vince looks for. He connects with the audience on every level.

He might be Dolph Ziggler for a while on the main roster, but I feel like he's better on the mic than Dolph so he'll go farther.

Sami Zayn is basically a better looking, better talking, more marketable Daniel Bryan. He's the one guy I don't really worry about after he gets called up to the main roster because he's the one Vince will have to try the hardest to fuck up. The only reason I don't want him off of NXT is because NXT in general is a better show.

jmdajr

They should go back to the old mantra that the IC champion is the best worker in the company. Yeah, some will be able to move up, but if not...it should still be ok. But right now there is nothing like that anymore.

Kaladin

Sami Zayn is basically a better looking, better talking, more marketable Daniel Bryan. He's the one guy I don't really worry about after he gets called up to the main roster because he's the one Vince will have to try the hardest to fuck up. The only reason I don't want him off of NXT is because NXT in general is a better show.

Honestly, the only thing Sami Zayn lacks to be a lock for main event status in WWE is a Hall Of Fame family.

At their mercy? lol. I'm not even thinking about it really. There are some games I buy because they go on sale and are rated well/liked. But next thing I know... they are free!

If I really wanted a game I'd do the next sensible thing.... price drop!

That's my point. And you thinking or not thinking about it has nothing to do with whether you are at their mercy or not. You are by virtue of waiting on a game at all. The main point is that if you are willing to wait on a game, it might be on PS+ at some point. But looking at a game and thinking "I want to buy this, but I won't because at some point it might be free." seems silly to me.

Mengetsu

But that pen throw to Sami was just perfect.

Sami is really good on the mic. It's a shame getting called up will fuck him up.

I wish Vince would just disappear. The roster is so jacked with talent, and the fans are so invested in certain stars and have such a voice. Such a perfect storm, but it's all getting squandered.

It said new only. Guess you could set up an alt account.

I dunno, it's hit or miss. The free month for November was supposed to be new subs only, but I had a sub last year, cancelled after NoC 2014, then signed back up in Nov (using my same account/username) and wasn't charged for the month.
I guess ill try in Feb. Thanks.

So even though I only signed up the day before the rumble and cancelled an hour afterwards, my sub now runs into march

I guess everyone is getting the free month and not just new users and as my email for some reason called me, "early subscribers".

unless fast lane somehow sees reigns lose his title shot I can't say it's going to change much

zychi

Banned

like in the NHL anyone who wants to bandwagon a team usually goes for Chicago or Pittsburgh, is there a similar thing in the NFL?

Whatever team Peyton Manning is on, Tom Patriots or the Dallas Cowboys

The Chicago thing in the NHL is only recently. No one jumped on that bandwagon until after 2010

Gorillaz

Cleveland Browns is the go to bandwagon team. America's favorite team if you will.

imBask

Banned
Whatever team Peyton Manning is on, Tom Patriots or the Dallas Cowboys

The Chicago thing in the NHL is only recently. No one jumped on that bandwagon until after 2010

well, bandwagon teams are usually temporary depending on their current performance and starpower so that's that

just like the "lifelong kings fans since 2012"

Sephzilla

Honestly, the only thing Sami Zayn lacks to be a lock for main event status in WWE is a Hall Of Fame family.

Pretty much. However Zayn seems like he has connections plus HHH likes the guy a ton, so that might make up for it.

In fact, I'm going to make this prediction - Sami Zayn is going to be the guy who permanently sends HHH into retirement

You guys should stop worrying about Sami Zayn. You know why? It's not going to matter. He lacks the one thing Vince looks for: size.

He will be Dolph Ziggler for a while on the main roster if he's lucky. He will more likely be a lesser Tyson Kidd.

Much more accurate, or at least realistic, now. As if Vince gives a fuck about connection to the crowd.

Sephzilla

Me too, but I'm not about to root for the Patriots.

I'm probably just not going to watch the game. I've barely kept up with football since the NFC Championship game. All I've been hearing are the Patriots apparently had semi-inflated balls during the Colts game. Meanwhile the Packers are still trying to find Mike McCarthy's balls.

Heel

According to Meltzer, the big increase in Network subs means that WWE can justify paying Brock more, so the likelihood that he re-signs is much greater now than it was a month or so ago. It's not a guarantee, but it's much more of a possibility.

Friends, did WWE Network really have a "big increase" in the last month or did Dave Meltzer read a WWE fluff piece that claimed "we've reached 1 million subscribers!" that wasn't actually true and then spun that into "news" for his subscribers?

As for me, I'm not really sure which is true.

Subscribe to my newsletter.

They hope you'll take the free month and then say fuck it and keep it since Mania is in March.

I did check - It hasn't changed my billing settings, so it's still set to cancel before the next payment.

And if they serve up another reigns-is-the-chosen-one snoozfest at fast lane I'm not going to be in a hurry to change that - not empty words either, I have missed a lot of PPV's recently. Only thing really keeping me around were the freebie PPV's that sky used to give us, but turds, ladders & chairs was the last ever one. All paid this year.

Friends, did WWE Network really have a "big increase" in the last month or did Dave Meltzer read a WWE fluff piece that claimed "we've reached 1 million subscribers!" that wasn't actually true and then spun that into "news" for his subscribers?

Oh I would be shocked if they didn't, I'd imagine a large number of uk subs came on board in the last two weeks. I was one of them till the rumble. A friend of mine said he'd stay on till he saw fast lane, but I assume he doesn't even have to pay for that month now. Will check with him tomorrow

DMczaf

Heeletter is nothing but you asking conspiracy questions based on what Meltzer says.

Quoting day-old news? I'm not sure your newsletter would be topical. I do not recommend it.

Cagey

Banned

Do you charge $1 more than the cost of the WWE Network to get 300 page weekly newsletters chock full of the latest fourth-hand backstage rumors, fantasy booking, numbers breakdowns and amateur business analysis, plus access to the entire back library of randoms talking about professional wrestling and mixed martial arts dating back to 1982?

Top Bottom