• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Sephzilla

Unpopular Opinion Time:

After watching the Blake & Murphy NXT tag title win this week, I'm still not feeling them as a team. They're a classic WWE style tag team. There was nothing exceptional about their teamwork or presence together. They got lucky on the title win too off Kalisto not seeing the blind tag. They're just kinda bland but with a good WWE style workrate.

A somewhat bland tag team won the titles from a masked bland tag team who won the titles from another bland tag team who had a hype intro.

NXT's one weakness is its tag division.

Kaladin

A somewhat bland tag team won the titles from a masked bland tag team who won the titles from another bland tag team who had a hype intro.

NXT's one weakness is its tag division.

Lucha Dragons at least had Kallisto, and Sin Cara could work his stronger lucha style off him well.

Also, The Vaudvillains are the true stars of the NXT tag division.

I'm fine with Bryan continually getting "the shaft" if it keeps fans agitated. The people that get hot about those fans are equally entertaining.

My only real concern now lies with Reigns' gesticulation. I simply must see what he comes up with next.

Would the Daniel Bryan fans be satiated by him putting on entertaining matches alone? I have my doubts, jmdajr. Something tells me that they want him to have the shiniest gold belt and be the center of attention, too. Which is odd, considering they're driven by the priniciple that the wrestling should matter more than anything.

I think the idea of Bryan building up an IC champ who builds up the reputation of the title and puts on amazing matches at every event like Nakamura has done is a great one. The thing is even if he was given a fair to do it I have to imagine Vince will hijack it once he begins to succeed and give everything that's built up to one of his guys.

Sephzilla

Lucha Dragons at least had Kallisto, and Sin Cara could work his stronger lucha style off him well.

Yeah, The Vaudvillains are fantastic. Honestly I kind of think Blake & Murphy might just be transitional champs in order to get the belts onto the Vaudvillains.

Bryan fans are rarely okay with anything other than Bryan being Cena-booked.

lol what

did I miss the sign that said the underground bryan hate train is coming to town?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Sin Cara fuckin' sucked. He dragged Kalisto down. I'm glad they've seen this and are planning the split. Kalisto is a mega-star, but not when he has an anchor attached.

Jojo is a SHITTY ring announcer. Wish she wasn't there.

Hex

Banned
Would Bryan fans be ok with Undertaker helping him though?

They would have to have some kind of tie in to something else.
And I do not see Bray Wyatt as the run in type.
They wouldn't waste him unless it was all of the Authority or something, and now that we have Bryan and Ziggler pretty much locked for Mania I do not see a reason for the Authority getting involved.

Toki767

Unpopular Opinion Time:

After watching the Blake & Murphy NXT tag title win this week, I'm still not feeling them as a team. They're a classic WWE style tag team. There was nothing exceptional about their teamwork or presence together. They got lucky on the title win too off Kalisto not seeing the blind tag. They're just kinda bland but with a good WWE style workrate.

Frankly, watching them they strike me as the next Major Bros. Or Hawkins and Ryder.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
wait, they didn't really reach 1 million subs?

[vincemcmahon]

Daniel Bryan wins Wrestlemania main event: Not 1 million subs
Roman Reigns wins Royal Rumble: 1 million subs

Reigns is the better draw.

[/vincemcmahon]

Sephzilla

Kallisto might not be the best crazy lucha style high flyer they can get, but he's good, and he can connect with the crowd.....and he speaks english.

I know it's part of the Lucha style but Kallisto is loaded with "indy flippy" shit in everything he does. He also has a stupid finisher.

somedevil

wait, they didn't really reach 1 million subs?

Yes, they did with help from the Rumble and the day after. Though on the next quarterly report on Feb won't show that result because it doesn't cover the month of January where they reached that number.

The next report cover Jan through Wrestlemania I believe.

jmdajr

I'm fine with Bryan continually getting "the shaft" if it keeps fans agitated. The people that get hot about those fans are equally entertaining.

My only real concern now lies with Reigns' gesticulation. I simply must see what he comes up with next.

I was kinda hype about all these comical promos and now he's gonna be all serious and stuff.

Controversial opinion time: I don't think Kallisto is that good either

Classic example of a wrestler being hamstrung by the WWE style - they've patterned him after Mysterio so far, so all his offence is condensed into one big combo hot-tag/comeback and the rest of the match he's getting beat down. Because he's small, y'see. His matches with El Generico in EVOLVE were amazing and I hope he gets to show some of that off if they do switch him to a singles competitor.

Kaladin

Also,

Bull Dempsey should have won Corbin vs Dempsey II. I get that Corbin is the guy here, but don't make Dempsey look like a bitch to get him over. They built that match-up as two beasts on a warpath and Corbin has dominated both times.

Anyone got a gif of Corbin shoving Dempsey off in the interview?

Sephzilla

Also,

Bull Dempsey should have won Corbin vs Dempsey II. I get that Corbin is the guy here, but don't make Dempsey look like a bitch to get him over. They built that match-up as two beasts on a warpath and Corbin has dominated both times.

Agreed. This feud is absolutely destroying Bull (which I guess isn't a huge deal) and it's not really doing too much for Corbin outside of showing that he can get a heavier guy into his finisher. I also think it's kind of odd that the #1 contender's tournament is now full of faces.

Sin Cara fuckin' sucked. He dragged Kalisto down. I'm glad they've seen this and are planning the split. Kalisto is a mega-star, but not when he has an anchor attached.

Jojo is a SHITTY ring announcer. Wish she wasn't there.

Sin Cara really fucking sucks. He doesn't even have any pop or excitement when he does the arm movements with Kalisto. Plus it is like he is always moving in slow motion. Kalisto has everything to be the next huge Mexican star for them, but he doesn't have the benefit of being made by another promotion like Rey did before coming on. WWE will undoubtedly fuck him up by making him a heel when he debuts or have him jobbing on Superstars.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to see why I'm still high on Kalisto, check his work out under the name Samuray Del Sol - it's fucking incredible.

I also see something in Dempsey, I really do. Unfortunately his "feud" with Corbin is damaging his potential, but fortunately this is NXT, and they can try a million different things. I do see something in Bull and it's not necessarily wrestling ability, but I feel he can evolve into a wonderful talker. His physique is honestly REALLY hampering his development, though. I hate sounding like that because I don't honestly believe weight and fatness is such a huge barrier as to whether or not someone is excellent, but I think it would do him a lot of favors.

Kaladin

Agreed. This feud is absolutely destroying Bull (which I guess isn't a huge deal) and it's not really doing too much for Corbin outside of showing that he can get a heavier guy into his finisher. I also think it's kind of odd that the #1 contender's tournament is now full of faces.

Neville is kind of sort of not really a heel. I wish they would go full on heel with Neville. He could pull it off. I would have him deny the fans of all his big moves and work a more ground based style, which he's also great with.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder how many Subs there would have been if Bryan wasn't back.

Same amount as before. Nobody's voting with their wallet, because WWE is successful at giving you someone you want to see - whether they win or lose.

That's why I'm sticking with the Ascension. I just want to see people I like. I like them. I'll pay to see more of them.

Bryan fans are rarely okay with anything other than Bryan being Cena-booked.

I don't recall having an issue with Bryan putting over Bray at last year's Royal Rumble. Wouldn't mind if he was to put over Ziggler if this match at WM ends up being a reality. But do continue with the generalizations.

I have no doubt Bryan fans would shit on Undertaker coming out to help him out in a casket match. Meanwhile if it happened to Cena, he'd be thankful and raise Undertaker's hand in appreciation. It's the same thing, really.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The good thing about Cena's fans is they don't sh*t on other Superstar's matches or big moments.

I actually like Daniel Bryan, I just find it irritating how much certain segments of his fanbase don't give a shit about anything other than Bryan and Bryan fantasy-booking.

Sephzilla

Neville is kind of sort of not really a heel. I wish they would go full on heel with Neville. He could pull it off. I would have him deny the fans of all his big moves and work a more ground based style, which he's also great with.

He was only really a heel in the Zayn feud by way of Sami simply being way more popular, otherwise he's been a pretty clean face.

jmdajr

7f4579e32ae63d398f7ec402abc949d0.jpg

That beings said, Royal Rumble was bullshit.

kiguel182

Also,

I actually feel the opposite.

I love how Corbin just made him his bitch. Makes Corbin looks strong as fuck while Dempsey is still a strong dude, just more b-tier.

Dempsey can now smash some other dudes up and put over a new guy when needed.

Anth0ny

I'd be okay with Cena going over bryan at mania (even though I'd prefer bryan won). Besides the fact that it's a legitimate co-main event (it would feel like a much bigger match than vs. Ziggler), I also think the match would be better than a match with Ziggler work rate wise.

Whether bryan comes out of mania losing to Cena or winning against Ziggler... It doesn't really do much for him. He's neither hurt not strengthened by either result... In fact, a 5 star match in a loss to Cena probably works better for him than a random Midcard win over Ziggler.

Sephzilla

We don't hate Bryan. We like Bryan. We just hate how his fans can make talking about him so god damn insufferable sometimes.

I don't want Bryan booked like Cena, but there's absolutely no reason why Bryan should need help beating Kane at this point. This should be a clean win for Bryan tonight. Then again, the Authority angle should have died after Bryan won the belt at WM30.

DMczaf

Daniel Bryan fans are pissed that he hasn't been given a long, sustained push with the belt, so that they can get sick of him and start booing him for being stale. We deserve to get sick of him, and Vince won't let it happen.

It's the WWE Circle of Life

Top Bottom