• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Fox318

j2ztZhA.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not saying the Young Backs are short, even though I bet they are when put up against WWE's normal roster. But that's not important, it's all in who you face and how it's booked.

I'm saying they're the best tag team in the indies.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How was Road to the New Beginning? I don't expect much from the show, but I'm sure it was solid at worst.

Kaladin

You know, after the triple threat match at the Rumble, I could see them making the Mania main event a Fatal Four Way or even a six man match to try and pose a challenge to Brock Lesnar.

That would be entertaining.

Sephzilla

You know, after the triple threat match at the Rumble, I could see them making the Mania main event a Fatal Four Way or even a six man match to try and pose a challenge to Brock Lesnar.

That would be entertaining.

I'm obviously assuming it would be an elimination format match right?

jmdajr

I for one am happy the controversy will be addressed on Monday Night Raw.

Would Roman Reigns have won the Royal Rumble Match without The Rock’s help?
55%
Yes
45%
No

wwe.com

There are certainly other things that could be done. For instance, perhaps The King of Kings may decide to add another Superstar, or two, or three, to the World Title Match at the Showcase of the Immortals. If so, one has to wonder which competitor(s) is the most deserving: Kane? Big Show? The Authority’s golden boy, Seth Rollins? Even Curtis Axel is making claims that he was never officially eliminated from the contest, since Erick Rowan attacked him before he reached the ring.

And what of punishment for The Rock himself? While The Great One is by no means a weekly staple in WWE, would Triple H dare close the door on the People’s Champion, banning him from future WWE appearances? Might he even ban him from a future WWE Hall of Fame induction?

Could Triple H go so far as to make Reigns defend his No. 1 contender position, teaming with The Rock against Big Show & Kane at WWE Fast Lane?

The possibilities are endless

Hasney

I for one am happy the controversy will be addressed on Monday Night Raw.

Would Roman Reigns have won the Royal Rumble Match without The Rock’s help?
55%
Yes
45%
No

wwe.com

Nope. Rusev could have picked dem bones dry. What a heel that Reigns is to such a kind soul as Rusev.

Seriously, Reigns is going to get the first clean victory over Rusev now....

kiguel182

So, what did WrassleGaf thought of Smackdown?

It was okay I guess. Like a mini-Raw. HHH's promo was all over the place, Reigns was Reigns and Bryan either had some ring rust or he looked worse simply because he was wrestling Kane, but it was still an okay match especially given the type and opponent.

And yeah, Reigns was booed but not to the extend that it will end his push. I still think that, have they waited one year, he could've been way more loved and it would've worked really well.

Hasney

Bryans matches with Kane before he left were so-so, so combine that with probable rust and it was never going to be great.

Hopefully it is just rust and not anything more permanent though.

they are all in on Reigns after last night

Cole mentioned something to the effect of "the one way to silence your critics is to win big matches like this" Because he was super impressive in that Show match.

So basically Roman is winning clean over everyone for the next 8 weeks. He'll probably start with Kane next and wouldn't be surprised if he goes clean over Rollins at Fast Lane

Heroman

Banned
Regins was booed in Harper almost the entire time in Harper, Something gotta change, just wait till a good wrestling city sees him.

jmdajr

they are all in on Reigns after last night

Cole mentioned something to the effect of "the one way to silence your critics is to win big matches like this" Because he was super impressive in that Show match.

So basically Roman is winning clean over everyone for the next 8 weeks. He'll probably start with Kane next and wouldn't be surprised if he goes clean over Rollins at Fast Lane

Most likely trips is gonna make him run the Gauntlet. Win every match from now until Mania or you shot is gone.

Hasney

Looking at the raws cites to Wm, it going to get worst, they got no cirpy chriti.

I really want things to get worse for Reigns/Fans relations and by the time we get to the Raw after Wrestlemania, WWE sitll doesn't get it and push him out in front of that audience as a super face with a live mic and a Vince McMahon written promo. The reaction would be great TV.

heh heh heh

edit: unrelated.
Yes D. Bry is looking kind of soft. Must not be hitting the weights anymore, or wasn't.

I think he's been rushed back both by himself because he wants to wrestle and WWE because they have a major drought of top stars with Orton not back yet.

Thorakai

I'm obviously assuming it would be an elimination format match right?

I can get behind this idea. Its the most believable way of finally taking down Lesnar and it can build some good drama with Lesnar eliminating 2/3 opponents, then finally being taken down by the last man standing.

Hey, do any wrasslegaffers live in chicago?

I've been getting a few offers to relocate out there. I'm sure its cheaper than NYC by a long shot but any other thoughts?

Do you hang out with CM Punk?

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Most likely trips is gonna make him run the Gauntlet. Win every match from now until Mania or you shot is gone.
8 week gauntlet. Vs 1. Cesaro 2. Harper 3. Bray 4. Orton 5. Rollins 6. Ziggler 7. Rusev 8 Bryan

He squashes them all in a minute to prove he is the one to take on Brock. I love it Maggle!

Sephzilla

I can get behind this idea. Its the most believable way of finally taking down Lesnar and it can build some good drama with Lesnar eliminating 2/3 opponents, then finally being taken down by the last man standing.

WrestleMania 31 Main Event
Fatal Four Way Elimination Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Title
Rusev vs Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar (c)

You can put Rusev and Roman in the match because they were the last two entrants in the Royal Rumble before The Rock interfered. Daniel Bryan can be inserted into the match due to some rematch clause or something by way of him never technically losing the championship. This would also be a safe way to give Rusev his first pin/submission loss because it allows him to take a loss but not look really bad as a result of it because he lost to multiple people. Then you could logically have Brock be chipped away by everyone, Brock still eliminates people, and then you could make the final two into Brock vs Bryan and have Bryan logically defeat Lesnar.

Hasney

Makes sense as well. I think that triple threat was actually Brocks best showing since coming back because when he was involved, he could be intense as fuck.

Bryan looked rusty or it might just be working with Kane, but either way, it means the only guys they have ready for a WM main event are Brock, Cena, Orton and Rollins. If they don't want to do a triple threat again, make a it a 4 way and throw Bryan in there or even Ambrose. Have it elimination rules, Shield reunite to take out Brock and then we can have a three way to crown the new champ.

The better elimination match. Might require Ambrose to go on a hot streak.

I'm not saying the Young Backs are short, even though I bet they are when put up against WWE's normal roster. But that's not important, it's all in who you face and how it's booked.

I'm saying they're the best tag team in the indies.

Thing is between New Japan, their indy bookings, and the sweet, sweet Bullet Club merch sales the Young Bucks are probably making more money than lower tier WWE guys. They're matches have gotten really old for me but the way they've worked the biz is pretty awesome.

Bowser

Let's be real guys, Vince is going to get his goddamn Reigns coronation vs. Lesnar at Mania.

It's just going to get booed to all hell.

Cagey

Banned
Thing is between New Japan, their indy bookings, and the sweet, sweet Bullet Club merch sales the Young Bucks are probably making more money than lower tier WWE guys. They're matches have gotten really old for me but the way they've worked the biz is pretty awesome.

One thing I won't knock about them is their hustle.

Top Bottom