• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Kacho

Gold Member
Stone Cold on his podcast saying he sees bits of CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, and Shawn Michaels in Seth-kun.

isVZMQGen5stf.gif

Dude keeps shining brighter and brighter with each passing month. Dude will be a legit top guy. No doubt about it.

Sephzilla

Let's be real guys, Vince is going to get his goddamn Reigns coronation vs. Lesnar at Mania.

It's just going to get booed to all hell.

He's straight up getting the WrestleMania 30 he wanted to have.

Stone Cold on his podcast saying he sees bits of CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, and Shawn Michaels in Seth-kun.

isVZMQGen5stf.gif

Stone Cold isn't wrong. Rollins definitely has "face of the company" level potential.

Ithil

Vince is in his bubble and he'll plow on with this charade. Reigns is clearly going to bomb as top guy, but they're going through with the crowning regardless.

jmdajr

WrestleMania 31 Main Event
Fatal Four Way Elimination Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Title
Rusev vs Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar (c)

You can put Rusev and Roman in the match because they were the last two entrants in the Royal Rumble before The Rock interfered. Daniel Bryan can be inserted into the match due to some rematch clause or something by way of him never technically losing the championship. This would also be a safe way to give Rusev his first pin/submission loss because it allows him to take a loss but not look really bad as a result of it because he lost to multiple people. Then you could logically have Brock be chipped away by everyone, Brock still eliminates people, and then you could make the final two into Brock vs Bryan and have Bryan logically defeat Lesnar.

hmmmmm

Two couldn't beat Brock, so three might. I like it.

I think Vince is insane though and wants us to believe Reigns is more powerful than Cena.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince is in his bubble and he'll plow on with this charade. Reigns is clearly going to bomb as top guy, but they're going through with the crowning regardless.

Let's just wait and see how this all plays out. Would you be any more satisfied if Reigns does a heel turn and Brock goes total babyface? Note: this is assuming we don't know what happens with Brock after Mania - he could re-sign.

Bowser

Let's just wait and see how this all plays out. Would you be any more satisfied if Reigns does a heel turn and Brock goes total babyface? Note: this is assuming we don't know what happens with Brock after Mania - he could re-sign.

The double turn is the only way to salvage it if they're going to keep Reigns vs. Brock as a one on one. But that also only works if Brock re-signs.

Ithil

It would make the shows a little less absurd to watch WWE plow on with one direction that the audience clearly isn't playing along with.
Reigns would have more to do as a heel champion anyway. Who is he even going to face as champion post-Mania?

jmdajr

WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan, who is a well-known diehard Seattle Seahawks fan, will be taking over the Seahawks’ official Twitter account later today at 6pm EST.

Bryan will be talking about WWE and the Seahawks’ SuperBowl XLIX berth, and will conduct the question and answer session for one hour. Fans can submit questions to Bryan with the hashtag #12sQA

Stone Cold sees a lot of CM Punk in Seth Rollins because Seth is basically CM Punk with a longer neck, a bigger nose, and thicker eyebrows. Their faces have nearly identical structure.

¡HarlequinPanic!;149813075 said:
Hey, do any wrasslegaffers live in chicago?

I've been getting a few offers to relocate out there. I'm sure its cheaper than NYC by a long shot but any other thoughts?

Do you hang out with CM Punk?

Lisa (Victoria, Tara, whatever) just announced she's staying in California. It's still a great restaurant with awesome food and show wrestling events. We've promoted Kaiju Big Battel with them a few times and had an Anime night there. WWE shows are in the burbs but you can get there by train (El). We saw Chikara last Summer and getting ready for a ROH show in March. Not to mention supposedly ROH/NJPW. Great city for wrestling fans.

Sephzilla

I don't think Brock is re-signing to be honest. I think he's either jumping back to UFC or straight up retiring. Brock is the same age as Cena and is probably a shitload richer than Cena, and isn't as religiously dedicated to the business as Cena.

I hope I'm wrong though, I wan't more of the Brock we've gotten in the last few weeks.

WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan, who is a well-known diehard Seattle Seahawks fan, will be taking over the Seahawks’ official Twitter account later today at 6pm EST.

Bryan will be talking about WWE and the Seahawks’ SuperBowl XLIX berth, and will conduct the question and answer session for one hour. Fans can submit questions to Bryan with the hashtag #12sQA

Bryan: "The Seahawks and I have a lot in common. We were both written off and then weaseled our way into the championship matchup at the last minute"

Why does Bryan have to be a fucking Seahawks fan.

Heroman

Banned
We all know Vince an it gonna turn his next top dog heel.

JavyOO7

First 38 minutes of NXT this week have been great. Except for Alex Riley. Yeah, I realize he really sucks and brings the commentating crew down a couple of notches. Tom Phillips and Albert have been perfectly fine, just throw in Graves to the mix to finish off that trio.

scabro

isVZMQGen5stf.gif

wasn't that actually the jack bauer guy who said that?

regardless, i agree with the sentiment that once seth goes face, he will blow the roof off the place.

jmdajr

I don't think Brock is re-signing to be honest. I think he's either jumping back to UFC or straight up retiring. Brock is the same age as Cena and is probably a shitload richer than Cena, and isn't as religiously dedicated to the business as Cena.

I hope I'm wrong though, I wan't more of the Brock we've gotten in the last few weeks.

Sabel could probbaly use some new cars, a bigger house, and maybe some new titties. I think a few extra years would be good.

Kacho

Gold Member
It would make the shows a little less absurd to watch WWE plow on with one direction that the audience clearly isn't playing along with.
Reigns would have more to do as a heel champion anyway. Who is he even going to face as champion post-Mania?

Rollins seems like the most logical choice. Top heel vs forced top baby face with them being former Shield brothers.

Hasney

If it is Brocks last match, he should at least get the send off he deserves.

WM Main Event hunting match vs Shawn Michaels.

Sephzilla

First 38 minutes of NXT this week have been great. Except for Alex Riley. Yeah, I realize he really sucks and brings the commentating crew down a couple of notches. Tom Phillips and Albert have been perfectly fine, just throw in Graves to the mix to finish off that trio.

Albert and Graves should be the only color guys and they should alternate between Phillips and Renee Young.

Ithil

Rollins seems like the most logical choice. Top heel vs forced top baby face with them being former Shield brothers.

Yeah but Rollins seems like the guy who can and should beat him for the title. I mean his one and done monthly opponents. Unless he's gonna either have a very short reign or do Sheamus and just face one opponent over and over, he'll have to have multiple challengers.

But who is there, on the heel side?

Kacho

Gold Member

I just don't see how he could give up his current gig in WWE. Dude is so over with the fans, he's probably having a blast being booked as this unstoppable force with his buddy Paul Heyman, while also getting paid good money and not getting beat up for real. Assuming the money and schedule is right I'm guessing he stays with WWE.

Yeah but Rollins seems like the guy who can and should beat him for the title. I mean his one and done monthly opponents. Unless he's gonna either have a very short reign or do Sheamus and just face one opponent over and over, he'll have to have multiple challengers.

But who is there, on the heel side?

The only other guy that makes sense to me is Rusev but I'm not sure he's ready for that spot tbh. Hopefully it's not Big Show. lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

As a heel? He has many options. As a face? He has very few. It just makes sense. Have Heyman do it. He has a lot of somewhat fresh matchups (mainly because he hasn't been doing singles matches) with all the faces. Those are far more compelling than...well hell, who even would he deal with besides Rollins?

Sephzilla

I just don't see how he could give up his current gig in WWE. Dude is so over with the fans, he's probably having a blast being booked as this unstoppable force with his buddy Paul Heyman, while also getting paid good money and not getting beat up for real. Assuming the money and schedule is right I'm guessing he stays with WWE.

That's the thing, I don't think WWE would offer him another deal like the one he has now. It as a great deal for Lesnar but an awful one for WWE

I honestly don't think they stick with Reigns vs Lesnar if things keep on the way they are.

The whole point of wrestling is if something isn't working, you modify it. They can deus ex machina any reason to change it, really.

XenoRaven

I think we need to gauge crowd reactions in cities that aren't Philadelphia before we start calling Reigns a bust.

Also, didn't Cena get booed when they were pushing him? Doesn't he get booed now and still makes WWE a shit ton of money?

I'm not convinced that just because someone isn't that great doesn't mean that they're not going to end up being successful.

So now they owe us 200 tweets where an old wrestler buries them.

Is this about what cornette said? Not sure why they're so salty, he wasn't really burying them.

I agree with what he said too, although I only kinda agree about the spike piledriver. If this is a regular thing he's absolutely right because it makes the move look absurdly weak, but I'd expect people to kick out of finishing moves at the biggest event of their year so I'm fine with it at wrassle kingdom specifically.

I think we need to gauge crowd reactions in cities that aren't Philadelphia before we start calling Reigns a bust.

Also, didn't Cena get booed when they were pushing him?

Only once he dumbed down his rapper gimmick. He was one of the most over guys in the company until then

Doesn't he get booed now and still makes WWE a shit ton of money?

At the expense of cannabilising a lot of other talent - if cena was used to push other wrestlers the WWF would probably be making more money overall.

Didn't he say he'd be willing to work more dates so long as they paid him.

Be crazy not to sign him for at least another year. The only choice is to have Brock murder everyone for 11 straight PPV's right through the next Mania.

The only reason I think he may go back to UFC is because he came out Sunday in good shape, dude looked beastly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Also, didn't Cena get booed when they were pushing him? Doesn't he get booed now and still makes WWE a shit ton of money?

I'm not convinced that just because someone isn't that great doesn't mean that they're not going to end up being successful.

I don't think that boos mean you need to change the competitors - you just need to change the story, their motivation. A clearly heel Reigns against Beloved God King Lesnar is a much more compelling matchup than the "Corporate Blessed" Reigns vs the "They Cheer Him But Should Be Booing Him" Lesnar.

Also worth pointing out; the original Wrestlemania 8 main event was Hogan vs Flair.

If they changed -that-, nothing is safe. Last year should be a testament to that. Whether they do anything, though..

imBask

Banned
The idea that in 2 years we could possibly get Seth Rollins vs Sami Zayn at WrestleMania...

I dream of that match, but I seriously don't know

I'm SO scared of ever seeing Zayn on the main roster. Let's be real here :

If you're Vince McMahon, who is Sami Zayn?

A redheaded non-overly-muscular person with a boring Christian-like bearded face, and also a guy who does some unnecessary flippy shit... IC Title at best?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you're Vince McMahon, who is Sami Zayn?

Feed him to Adam Rose

Honestly, it's probably all about timing for him. If they bungle that they could accidentally assassinate his character.

Top Bottom