• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do we have any kind of information if NJPW World will start offering NOAH events on their service? I would imagine it's in the pipeline, but has anyone heard anything?

Off topic - I'm glad Mortal Kombat 9 was good and Mortal Kombat X looks dope as well. As "filthy casual" as this will make me sound I'm glad we're getting some fighting games that don't require a college semester's worth of analysis in order to be competitive in.

I think MKX is actually gonna be pretty tough to pick up and play online, sooo many possible matchups thanks to the variations.

Just gonna go with my boilerplate recommendation for KI being noob friendly, simple inputs every decision is a big decision, small roster so not much to study.

MKX looks great!

Sephzilla

Power Stone should make a comeback. It was simply. It worked. Was fun.

I'd fully support a return of Power Stone, but I doubt we'll ever see a new one again because

image.php

¡HarlequinPanic!;149823890 said:
I think MKX is actually gonna be pretty tough to pick up and play online, sooo many possible matchups thanks to the variations.

Just gonna go with my boilerplate recommendation for KI being noob friendly, simple inputs every decision is a big decision, small roster so not much to study.

MKX looks great!

The new KI is also surprisingly fun. And yeah, with all of the possible matchups I'm curious how that game will turn out competitively.

I'm still waiting for them to reveal Johnny Cage. That will seriously affect whether or not I buy it.

If it's got "Road to..." in the title, just treat it as a house show - the only difference being Monday's show, which is from Korakuen Hall and will have commentary and be filmed with more than just a hard camera. That's the one they'll be using to hype up the New Beginning events, so it should be of a better standard. Also, Korakuen crowds are usually a step above other small venues (although today's crowd in Tokorozawa were louder than I expected).

You'd think New Japan would pay up for at least two three cameras..

Though to be fair, once you add camera switching everything gets infinitely more expensive/complicated.

Do we have any kind of information if NJPW World will start offering NOAH events on their service? I would imagine it's in the pipeline, but has anyone heard anything?

No word as of yet, but if they do now own a stake in NOAH you have to think it'll happen sometime soon.

What have you guys been reading or playing lately?

Just being playing Saints Row 4 and Dying Light, which is fantastically addictive. Hits all the right notes for me. Also, I've been reading a great book about the Americas pre-Colombus which I'd definitely recommend to anyone even remotely interested in the subject; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1491:_New_Revelations_of_the_Americas_Before_Columbus

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing a lot of Dungeon of the Endless. It's a super dope roguelike/tower defense. I really enjoy its aesthetic. "Space jazz" is a good kind of sound to give it. There's something about it that's really enjoyable - balancing your resources and gambling on when to move on and when to open just one more door...

Also, I've been reading a great book about the Americas pre-Colombus which I'd definitely recommend to anyone even remotely interested in the subject; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1491:_New_Revelations_of_the_Americas_Before_Columbus

That looks really good. I never can know enough about pre-colonial America, and I love to discover what I can since it's our fault (yours too) that we fucked this place up when we set foot.

Marvel

could never

I'm too pretty to read books, however I have been killing it on Killer Instinct lately.

Taken a little break from it now though. Might get into some GTA Online or pick up where I left off on Dragon Age.

Sephzilla

I've been casually playing GTAV on my PS4, that and Hyrule Warriors.

I'm thinking about starting Resident Evil REMake tonight. But honestly I should clean up my apartment a bit because we're getting some new furniture delivered next week. My girlfriend is going to be out of town this weekend so this seems like the best opportunity for me to buckle down and get stuff done without interruptions (not that my girlfriend interrupting/distracting me from cleaning is a bad thing, I'm just a lot more productive when I'm alone).

That looks really good. I never can know enough about pre-colonial America, and I love to discover what I can since it's our fault (yours too) that we fucked this place up when we set foot.

yeahhh I've been putting off going to the native american museum next to work for too long. I'd really love to know more about this land's history. Interested in this book as well.

last book i read was about the justinian plague but that was a while ago.

I've been playing Nosgoth lately now that its open beta and easier to find games. I love asymmetrical multiplayer games like natural selection, so I'm down with this game. They've also got a lot of the lore right.

need to do REmake in under 3 hours without saving still, so many insta death points though: the boulders, lisa knocking you off the platform. has me shook.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I bought an Xbone last year for Killer Instinct only to remember I can't play fighting games on a pad and I'm not willing to shell out for a stick just to use with one game. Thus, my Xbox continues to gather dust.

A fool and his money, friends.

Sephzilla

I bought an Xbone last year for Killer Instinct only to remember I can't play fighting games on a pad and I'm not willing to shell out for a stick just to use with one game. Thus, my Xbox continues to gather dust.

At least you bought your Xbone for a game that works. I bought it for Master Chief Collection.

Kacho

Gold Member
I've been playing Skyrim and Madden 15 lately. I try to play WWE 2K15 but the game is just so bland and uninspired. They really need to overhaul the reversal system.

Upcoming cities:

3/2/15 Raw: Newark, NJ
3/3/15 SmackDown: Washington, DC
3/9/15 Raw: Pittsburgh, PA
3/23/15 Raw: Los Angeles, CA

3/29/15 WrestleMania XXXI

I'm not seeing a ton of cities that would openly revolt against Reigns.

I'll be at the Newark show

Also highlighted potential cities that may get mixed reactions for Reigns. DC may be completely negative, but it's smart of them to put that as a Smackdown show, they can just edit out the boos, it will be a packed house cheering for the Roman Empire

He should work a Roman Empire thing into what he calls his fans

The Roman Empire and his Plebs

joelseph

Finished Y2J's 2nd book a while back and got burnt out on reading about Fozzy. Not excited to start the 3rd book. Will probably start Death of WCW soon.

Playing NES: Remix on 3DS. Have 500+ stars. Finishing up all challenges. Not sure why i love this game so much.

KI is easy as fuck to play on pad, get on that train

I've been playing KI, Dragon Age, and a couple other things

Heel

I'm thinking about diving in and buying a PS4 stick for USF4 and SF5, learning how to do more than Blanka's electricity. Maybe Gr1m can teach us.

I cannot play on a stick in any game, even one with easy inputs like KI.

Not a bad problem to have, i get to save money~

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At least you bought your Xbone for a game that works. I bought it for Master Chief Collection.

Works fine for me. Haven't had a single solitary issue. I'm one of the lucky ones. God DAMN is it dense with content.

I really hate fighting the Flood.

Get UFC when it's on sale. It's better than I thought it would be, shame it'll probably be a one and done franchise.

I don't know man, the whole idea behind these invasion gimmicks is that New Japan and NOAH are fighting. If NOAH shows go on the network that kind of kills the story. I do expect some big matches between the two companies on Invasion Attack.

I keep telling myself I want to wait on MCC until more bugs are ironed out but then I think to myself do I really want to play multiplayer? I'd just play titanfall instead prolly.

I actually wanna see H4 in full HD, I'm the problem.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking about diving in and buying a PS4 stick for USF4 and SF5, learning how to do more than Blanka's electricity. Maybe Gr1m can teach us.

A stick won't help you! I main Dhalsim with a pad. I'm living a struggle.

Sephzilla

I might drop money on a PS4 stick once USF4 and SF5 come out. I mained Fei Long for a while.

Works fine for me. Haven't had a single solitary issue. I'm one of the lucky ones. God DAMN is it dense with content.

I really hate fighting the Flood.

I was in the same boat as you until three patches ago. Every 343 patch since then has made it worse for me. There's absolutely no reason the game should be in the state it's in almost 4 months after launch. No way in hell I'm giving 343 any money for Halo 5 (it's easier to say that after not liking the beta).

The Flood really should have stayed confined to the first game, in my opinion. They stopped being fun encounters in the sequels.

Marvel

could never

I do kinda regret buying the Bone but damn do I love me some KI.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
KI has a mummy fighter. It's about god damn time.

KI S2 is firing on all cylinders. Love the shit out of it.

NOTE: Anakaris doesn't count, he's not fun to play as.

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;149826215 said:
all you boners should probably pick up sunset overdrive btw 8)

This. SO is FnP.

I do kind of regret buying an Xbone though. The thing gathers much more dust than my PS4 and Wii-U and when you look at the # of games I own for PS4 and Wii-U vs Xbone, that kind of speaks for itself

KI has a mummy fighter. It's about god damn time.

KI S2 is firing on all cylinders. Love the shit out of it.

NOTE: Anakaris doesn't count, he's not fun to play as.

errgggg FUCK this match I had with a kan-ra player last night. My sadira game couldn't get in once he got a life lead and he ran the clock with dust balls. So close to ranking up again.

¡HarlequinPanic!;149825570 said:
I cannot play on a stick in any game, even one with easy inputs like KI.

Not a bad problem to have, i get to save money~
I don't mind using a stick but pad's my main preference even for SNK games. I just got used to it playing SNES and Genesis.

Kacho

Gold Member
Haven't turned on my PS4 since July I think. I stick with the One and Wii U for my console gaming needs. PC is still my go to for gaming right now though.

Sub Zero is straight up wrecking Scorpion in a "who's better" poll on gaming side.

Gaming side
temporarily
redeemed

Sub Zero always the better ninja.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sub Zero is straight up wrecking Scorpion in a "who's better" poll on gaming side.

Gaming side
temporarily
redeemed

They're both poor choices, though.

The only BMX Ninja worth a damn is Reptile. And Red Ermac (MK1)

Hands down for me the best and dopest MK chara is Quan Chi. It's not even close in my eyes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are we going to do Mortal March? MK avatars for all? If not, Mortal May...

Sephzilla

They're both poor choices, though.

The only BMX Ninja worth a damn is Reptile. And Red Ermac (MK1)

Hands down for me the best and dopest MK chara is Quan Chi. It's not even close in my eyes.

Johnny Cage is my personal favorite MK character. Reptile would be my favorite ninja character but Ed Boon finds a way to make Reptile look even less cool with each new game.

Raiden would be higher up on my list if he was constantly played by Christopher Lambert.

Sephzilla

RoboCop should totally be a guest character in Mortal Kombat.

-MK universe already has cops/soldiers (Stryker, Sonya, Jax)
-MK universe already has cyborgs (Sektor, Cyrax, Smoke)

It's a logical combo

#FreeRoboCop

Top Bottom