• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That is a big problem. Fortunately with having Lesnar booked as a monster, you CAN afford to throw midcarders at him for a few months in between the Big 4 ppvs. Dean's someone who could give him a good three month feud, because Dean being "crazy" and using weapons is a great equalizer. But you're right, there's not many other options.

Of course problem is with Ambrose is that while it's a fresh matchup, Ambrose isn't a heel. That's not compelling. Fuck.

Authority Cena and Rollins is the only good option in that scenario.

I'm looking over the years of wrestling I never watched and I'm stunned at the fact that Vince thought a 1950s gimmick (Deuce and Domino) would get over in today's day and age. Absolutely ludicrous.

Shame for them, though--they were actually decent in the ring and had some unique double-team moves. Too bad they got saddled with that gimmick.

Oh hush Deuce and Domino had a sweet theme, a car, and Cherry

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...el_Bryan_Possible_WrestleMania_31_Opener.html

It also says WWE doesn't want to push Bryan as the face of the company no matter what fans do but that isn't news.

Eh; LoP is more or less "make stuff up and roll with it". If Meltzer / Keller reported it, that would be one thing.

Bryan was the face of the company at WM 31. He beat HHH, Batista, and Orton in the same night, including taking out both Orton and Batista at the same time. He was the #1A babyface (Cena was 1B, but playing a very low fiddle at the time). Then he got injured. We know that the plan was Bryan was that Bryan would be champion until Lesnar @ Summerslam.

I can see WWE being hesitant to push Bryan immediately back into the spotlight until they know for sure his injury has recovered; but they should have announced his return for the RAW after the RR if they are still hesitant.

Do we have any kind of information if NJPW World will start offering NOAH events on their service? I would imagine it's in the pipeline, but has anyone heard anything?

NOAH was on Nippon TV, so that could be another set of rights negotiations to work out for that footage. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Hope wwe ask for more dates if they want to resign lesnar. watching him at the rumble was so refreshing. i forgot how good this guy is because he is off tv so much.

Hasney

Hope wwe ask for more dates if they want to resign lesnar. watching him at the rumble was so refreshing. i forgot how good this guy is because he is off tv so much.

I think it would be best to find a balance. I've loved this run more than almost anything during the time he's been re-signed.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Authority Cena and Rollins is the only good option in that scenario.

icl7Ea2mvyGV3.gif

They've wasted enough of Lesnar's time on Cena. Lesnar against Rollins and Rusev would be fire though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Basically they never should have had Brock on RAW. Those dates weren't separated between Wrestling and Non Wrestling, so he could have wrestled quite a few more matches if he hadn't been on Raw. Problem is, you also want to make him a special attraction and tell a compelling story, and really the only people on the roster this year he could do that with were Cena and Orton as D-Bry was injured and no one else was ready. Orton was also the number one heel for 3/4 of the year.

Bork always shuts up the critics who bitch about him not being around. Then they bitch about him not being around, then he comes back and puts on another awesome match. The circle of life.

XenoRaven

Everyone on the roster is heel, Brock is face. Authority makes him go through a gauntlet match against every WWE employee, including writers, cameramen, and other staff. Brock wins and retires as WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

I wouldn't mind, but I am in love with this whole "prizefighter" thing where Lesnar is so much better than everyone else that he is above petty Raw and Smackdown appearances.

I like the new WWE title, and I especially like it around Lesnar. Seeing him come out with it around his waist was special, and $9.99 worthy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The HHH matches were the only stinkers since he came back. Everything else has been great.

I'd love to see him fight Russev, Rollins, D-Bry, Ambrose.

kiguel182

Brock should have wrestled, at least, Ambrose.

Cena shouldn't have had any rematch to begin with and Ambrose had ton of momentum back then that would've made it credible at Survivor Series for example.

BFIB

Bork always shuts up the critics who bitch about him not being around. Then they bitch about him not being around, then he comes back and puts on another awesome match. The circle of life.

I like the fact that Lesnar only wrestles a few times a year. It makes his events worthwhile.

Besides, every time its like facing the end level boss, who just continues to grow in power each time.

Until he is Reigned down upon.

¡HarlequinPanic!;149839634 said:
freckle and stro weren't permas were they?

We're having quite the talent thinning after the rumble, friends. This was supposed to be the roster through mania!!!!

Tune into RAW to find out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I could carry this community if I had to - but the community is so great, I don't need to. You all are the real MVPs.

Didn't they hint at Big E/Brock once forever ago? I still want that.

And Sheamus/Brock, too
¡HarlequinPanic!;149839634 said:
freckle and stro weren't permas were they?

We're having quite the talent thinning after the rumble, friends. This was supposed to be the roster through mania!!!!
Nah, temps. Idk how long.

Doesn't matter though, I'm still here, I'll captain this fuckin ship

Brock/Cesaro and Brock/Bryan if he gets back to 100% would be fantastic watches.

It's so upsetting that WWE wasted Brock on HHH and Cena when they should have been trying to get some newer stars have a lick.

And then they do the opposite and put a new star who doesn't deserve it yet over everyone else. It's so sacrilegious.

I've been playing a lot of Dungeon of the Endless. It's a super dope roguelike/tower defense. I really enjoy its aesthetic. "Space jazz" is a good kind of sound to give it. There's something about it that's really enjoyable - balancing your resources and gambling on when to move on and when to open just one more door...

Had it in my Steam wishlist for ages. May be time to just go ahead and pull the trigger on it.

Sephzilla

I'd argue fans want to push Lesnar far more than they want Bryan this year. General fans, not this smark community. Lesnar's building to a MONSTROUS babyface run but it's all dependent on if he sticks around and is given a deal. WWE aren't blind to that.

Brock has destroyed enough people as a heel to earn the respect of a face in the eyes of fans.

Problem with a face Brock though is that I worry that the way he's booked would change

Striker

Face Lesnar is going to have classics against Kane, Show, and Mark Henry.

But for real, any more Lesnar is better than the alternative .
They just lack credible heels. I don't think Rusev has a long term outlook for himself - character will definitely be forced to go through changes once he begins losing. Bray has needed to do so for quite some time.

Also, Sin Cara's Debut popped up on my Recommendations earlier. Notes:

- he almost fucked up his springboard jump into the ring
- Michael Cole's fucking awful annunciation of "Sin Cara"
- while he botched an awful lot, I found him miles more fun to watch than Hunico

p.s. Bryan-Sheamus match beforehand, Bryan's second favorite enemy to Kane.

Kacho

Gold Member
We can all agree that last night's Cena-Rusev segment was Cena at his absolute worst, right? Watching it now, and goddamn ...

Others seemed to enjoy it but I thought Cena was bad last night. He came off as a heel calling Lana a ho repeatedly.

jmdajr

Brock has destroyed enough people as a heel to earn the respect of a face in the eyes of fans.

Problem with a face Brock though is that I worry that the way he's booked would change

Monster Face!
Ain't too hard. Just have Brock keep....................

beating the odds.

There are no credible heels to face though.

Harper, Wyatt, and Rusev should be major heels, but Harper loses way too much, Wyatt lost his mojo after Cena (and can be redeemed by ending Taker's career), and Rusev is well on his way to being cut down by Cena.

Rollins/Lesnar would be awesome, but Rollins is the only real top level heel they have.

I actually really wish Reigns would be a heel. Not to save him from the backlash, but because he looks really fit for it. Too bad he isn't really good in the ring.

They just lack credible heels. I don't think Rusev has a long term outlook for himself - character will definitely be forced to go through changes once he begins losing..

Fantasy booking time

If the plan is to have Roman get the strap and you're going to have Cena get the win over Rusev have Rusev disappear immediately after that loss, keep him gone for 3 months.

Rusev comes back as Barca, the last Carthaginian, come to exact his revenge on the Roman Empire. Give him the belt at Summerslam

Striker

Fantasy booking time

If the plan is to have Roman get the strap and you're going to have Cena get the win over Rusev have Rusev disappear immediately after that loss, keep him gone for 3 months.

Rusev comes back as Barca, the last Carthaginian, come to exact his revenge on the Roman Empire. Give him the belt at Summerslam
That's something what I was thinking as well. Whether it is at 'Mania or the PPV following, he has definitely got to disappear after the loss. His whole shtick with Lana and being this unstoppable monster is completely gone once he eats defeat.

Knowing them, though, he's gone two weeks max.

Cagey

Banned
Fantasy booking time

You just want to talk about Roman Reigns sowing salt, don't you.

I believe SummerSlam is already booked - Reigns vs Cena

Who will have their hand raised at the end of the night and who will do the raising??

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tofu is fantastic done well. It just has no flavour of its own really, so that means you just use it as a blank canvas and marinate the shit out of it.

Tofu is great when it's treated as tofu. When its treated as a fake meat alternative it is awful.

Top Bottom