• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Showaddy

So has anyone enjoyed Finn Balor in NXT so far besides his entrance? I dont think his matches have been all that great. Same with Hideo.

He's got some great offence but all his matches so far have been him getting worked over by Kidd, Axel or the Ascension for 90% of the match before he makes a comeback. His double stomp shouldn't be his finisher though, especially when he's stomping people over the ropes and off the apron during the match.

MG310

He's got some great offence but all his matches so far have been him getting worked over by Kidd, Axel or the Ascension for 90% of the match before he makes a comeback. His double stomp shouldn't be his finisher though, especially when he's stomping people over the ropes and off the apron during the match.

Yeah, the reversed Bloody Sunday should just be the finisher and not the set up for the stomp if he's going to be doing various stomps the whole match.

Alucard

Banned
Guys i'm starting to believe Bryan might actually win the rumble.

I think i'm turning into a mark, SAVE ME

Get used to disappointment, friend. It's the way of the Daniel Bryan fan. Or the WWE fan. Heck, the wrestling fan in general.

Balor's entrance has too much "interpretative dance" cheesy choreography and posing.

Beyond that, dude is awesome.

Agreed 100 percent.

Cagey

Banned
It's that little twirl isn't it?

Right before that when he pops up and the lighting changes looks cool.

I noticed it this past NXT. He transitions from his crawling crouch position into standing up and throwing his arms out Orton-style exactly on cue with the music a couple times.

Doesn't look cool or bad ass. Looks more like interpretative dance. Not a good look.

I mean, there are signs that would lead you to believe Bryan's winning. So WWE, Bryan etc. are doing their jobs correctly in building intrigue for the Rumble.

Bryan did another interview today talking a Lesnar title match at Mania. A smart fan would think WWE would tell him to stop talking about it if it wasn't happening.

Smart fans might also check that Bryan's autobiography release date got moved up to just days after Wrestlemania.

There's signs. Do we believe them? Should we? I don't know. I'm not getting my hopes up.

And then Roman Reigns did a bad interview yesterday with the whole "if you're not a wrestler, you can't criticize" garbage. Yuck.

darkbanjo

I like the interpretative dance aspect of Balor's movements. He should be weird rather than 'cool', to be him being some freak who thinks he turns into a swamp monster for a big match is a lot more interesting than him just having the coolest walk down to the ring.

It's like Nakamura. He's not cool because his mannerisms are cool, he's cool because his mannerisms are weird as fuck, but he does them anyway because he doesn't care what anyone thinks.

T.A.L

Coincidentally, I have been using the hell out of my hbo go since thanksgiving. Re watched the wire and entourage. Ran thru TRUE detective Sunday. Now I'm on season two of the Sopranos. Still find time for the wrasslemans tho.

Tipsy at the bar and just wanted to say this is the best thread on GAF. Yes it's noon IDGAF.

Bryan had better fucking win. If Lesnar doesn't at least retain I'm done. Rollins cash in on a bloodied Bryan would be money. Fuck Jern, tired of his bullshit.

Why'd I get a twofer bloody Mary, salty as fuck

Seth Rollins interview.

Seth Rollins said:
For this year, it’s an interesting situation, as there are so many possibilities. I wouldn’t mind Daniel Bryan winning the Royal Rumble and going on to face me for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania, because if you look at what Daniel Bryan did last year, what a tremendous story and if he does it again this year, I’d like to be the guy who stomps out his dream. I think that’s a great story, so it would be very interesting for me to be in that situation in the Wrestlemania main event with Daniel Bryan, considering we’ve had matches in much smaller venues in front of much less people.

31 years ago today, friends.

6bf720a479050f0a68652617bb439bde.jpg

Top Bottom