• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lol what immediate back tracking. This thread talks about how dope NXT women are all the time. This community raves about Charlotte and Sasha. And joshi. And stuff like Shimmer gets mentioned pretty regularly. The women matches at all the NXT specials were all very highly rated here. This is not the community to drop the "I see people shitting on women wrestling and it is probably sexism" shit. All so you can plug your blog. Come on, son. Be involved with the community. Alucard and myself do a lot more than just plug our stupid wrestling blogs.

You can't just be in here non stop plugging your blog and not join in with the discussions. That kind of shit is looked down on in every community and GAF as a whole. If you join the discussion of the thread, perhaps people would actually acknowledge some of your blog stuff.

For sure. We've all, ALL of us here always been positive on women's wrestling in all forms, from the shallow to the serious.

We love that shit and we're equal opportunity.

Kacho

Gold Member
Who else would they give it to?

Reigns or Bryan are the only logical choice in my eyes. Had Dean Ambrose had been booked better in 2014 he would have been a possibility, too.

If WWE has any clue they won't go with Reigns. They can't risk having the fans turn on Reigns in the middle of his push. Zero chance they want a repeat of last year with Bootista with an up and comer. I'm also pretty sure plenty of fans feel Bryan deserves a RR victory after being snubbed last year anyway.

strobogo

Banned
Rumble reaction gif:

iboeVjQvX5QPLL.gif

I hope Zayn has a rumble spot, and does very well, only to get taken out by an interference by Owens to hype up NXT.

Though if I'm not mistaken, this would create some confusion with the taped episodes they have already done, unless we can get some video package of the RR at NXT to make it seem synced up.

Verendus

Banned
In an alternate reality, where WWE was actually smart, The Shield would've never broke up, Seth would've still won MITB, and you would've had a slow build to the destruction of The Shield, leading to a triple threat at Wrestlemania.

I don't know why they make things hard for themselves.

Zach

NeoGAF Vince McMahon: When is the Avatar Rumble, man?! I'm trying to fit that crap into my schedule tomorrow... I should probably buy some Funyuns in preparation... >_>

Reigns or Bryan are the only logical choice in my eyes. Had Dean Ambrose had been booked better in 2014 he would have been a possibility, too.

If WWE has any clue they won't go with Reigns. They can't risk having the fans turn on Reigns in the middle of his push. Zero chance they want a repeat of last year with Bootista with an up and comer. I'm also pretty sure plenty of fans feel Bryan deserves a RR victory after being snubbed last year anyway.

I'd still totally be down for an Ambrose win, if he faces Rollins.

It's too bad Cesaro is so far gone and that even the core fans don't push for him. When he was given the mic that week, I figured he would get more mic time and really be a dark horse, but they just dropped him into the New Day crap

jred2k

I haven't watched more than a couple minutes of anything WWE since the new year. It feels like I've missed more in that time than I did by barely Raw from Summerslam to Christmas. Are they actually trying with Smackdown right now? It's kind of absurd how differently they treat WM season compared with the rest of the year.

Pavaloo

For those who enjoy both MMA and WWE - would you rather see Lesnar stay in WWE or go back to MMA, whether it be UFC or Bellator?

I'd like him in WWE if he was out there just wrecking fools, but he only shows up a few times a year. I feel like he rarely disappoints, but if it was going to be so fleeting again I'd like to see what he can do in UFC after addressing his illnesses.

However, if he showed up once a year Taker style as unbeatable for a few years I would be game - I realize most people don't want a new streak, but I can believe Brock's forever honestly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's where the big boys play. Look at the adjective: Big.

I'm probably not big enough or experienced enough. Sorry. :c I do like the website, though!

Boys. Plural.
cUDkahG.gif

There's only one person writing for legitshook these days
In an alternate reality, where WWE was actually smart, The Shield would've never broke up, Seth would've still won MITB, and you would've had a slow build to the destruction of The Shield, leading to a triple threat at Wrestlemania.

I don't think Seth would have gotten as far as he's gotten if it wasn't for the fact that Roman's so not ready.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

And Roman would still win.

I hope Zayn has a rumble spot, and does very well, only to get taken out by an interference by Owens to hype up NXT.

I'd go the opposite way. Have Owens enter. Zayn enters after, all fired up, eliminates him. Adds fuel to the jealous Owens has of his friends getting opportunities before him. He can go back in and eliminate/fuck up Zayn. Only probelm is justifying how Owens would get a Rumble spot given the opening promo of last NXT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NeoGAF Vince McMahon: When is the Avatar Rumble, man?! I'm trying to fit that crap into my schedule tomorrow... I should probably buy some Funyuns in preparation... >_>

Again, because you had lady scheduling problems

24 hours before the WWE Rumble.

t1422147600z1.png

Heel

For sure. We've all, ALL of us here always been positive on women's wrestling in all forms, from the shallow to the serious.

We love that shit and we're equal opportunity.

Don't lie to these people, Sunny. WrassleGAF is a haven for heterocis scum to objectify female athletes with sexualized animated GIFs as some kind of sad attempt at internet kudos.

T.A.L

If Zeb came back. Told Rusev that he hadn't forgot the injury at their hands. Said something about enlisting an old friend to right this wrong and that theme hit with Cesaro walking out. He would be made

Kacho

Gold Member
For those who enjoy both MMA and WWE - would you rather see Lesnar stay in WWE or go back to MMA, whether it be UFC or Bellator?

I would much rather see him stick with WWE. He still has so much to offer and he is a legitimately imposing force which could lead to some fun and interesting match ups now that good younger talent is becoming viable competition instead of sticking him with the same handful of people.

I wouldn't mind seeing him make a return to MMA, but after leaving the company with two devastating loses to Overeem and Velasquez it would be a tougher sell IMO.

I'd go the opposite way. Have Owens enter. Zayn enters after, all fired up, eliminates him. Adds fuel to the jealous Owens has of his friends getting opportunities before him. He can go back in and eliminate/fuck up Zayn. Only probelm is justifying how Owens would get a Rumble spot given the opening promo of last NXT.

Which is why he never enters :p

Have Zayn pick up steam by being a really good contestant, have Philly cheer him like they will, have new fans wonder who he is, then have Owens come from nowhere and wreck him

I like how the Shield turned out. Scumbag Rollins, that one fan crying "nooo!", Dean Ambrose in a box, Dean Ambrose in a car trunk, Dean Ambrose and the Ice Bucket challenge... It has all been great, and Seth turning was just reasoned so well.

Kacho

Gold Member
I'd still totally be down for an Ambrose win, if he faces Rollins.

It's too bad Cesaro is so far gone and that even the core fans don't push for him. When he was given the mic that week, I figured he would get more mic time and really be a dark horse, but they just dropped him into the New Day crap

At the very least I would love to see Cesaro be a dominate force in the Royal Rumble. I really really hope he's one of the final few people in the ring at the end and has a bunch of eliminations. They need to make him look strong in all of this so he stands out and has something to work off of going forward.

Which is why he never enters :p

Have Zayn pick up steam by being a really good contestant, have Philly cheer him like they will, have new fans wonder who he is, then have Owens come from nowhere and wreck him

I know but it feels like they've already hit that story beat. I wouldn't mind seeing it again on a grander scale though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't lie to these people, Sunny. WrassleGAF is a haven for heterocis scum to objectify female athletes with sexualized animated GIFs as some kind of sad attempt at internet kudos.

whynotboth.jiff?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If Zeb came back. Told Rusev that he hadn't forgot the injury at their hands. Said something about enlisting an old friend to right this wrong and that theme hit with Cesaro walking out. He would be made

If Cesaro came out, this is all that would happen
Lana-laughing-gifs-0011.gif

tumblr_n7ahmhM8rX1srbyoyo1_400.gif

16972%20-%20The_JBL_And_Cole_Show%20Zeb_Colter%20autoplay_gif%20dutch_mantel%20facepalm%20gif%20glasses%20wig%20wwe.gif

Verendus

Banned
I don't think Seth would have gotten as far as he's gotten if it wasn't for the fact that Roman's so not ready.
And Roman would still win.
I honestly think it could've been a great storyline. I might actually bothered watching then.

You can still have them beat Evolution (although I would've delayed that angle and had Shield/Wyatts run from Wrestlemania to Payback with two six man matches and a series of one on ones at Extreme Rules). Evolution or The Authority storyline would begin after. Lesnar could still kill Cena at Summerslam. I wouldn't bother using Lesnar at Night of Champions and save him for Fast Lane.

Instead you just have The Shield continue to mess with The Authority, but break it into singles matches after the intial tag matches. Do your Survivor Series match, where Rollins is the one who is the last one standing and wins for his team in a 5 vs. 5. Last two men are Rollins and Triple H, and Sting still intervenes.

Head into Royal Rumble with a triple threat between Ambrose, Rollins, and Lesnar, where Ambrose pins Rollins. Lesnar is still protected and beats the crap out of both of them in the match. Rollins cashes in MITB at Fast Lane after Ambrose successfully defends against Lesnar (DQ when hell breaks loose, and have Bryan get involved too). Reigns could still win the Royal Rumble.

You have a match with two years of story behind it. As for who wins at Wrestlemania, you give it to either Reigns or Ambrose depending on who the crowd is more hot for. But it's a good angle, and it's kind of weird how they had a group where the break-up and fallout was so insignificant.

Bonus is that they could've stacked the undercard with Brock vs. Bryan, Cena vs. Undertaker, Triple H vs. Sting, and Orton vs. Bray Wyatt. This card is much better than whatever crap they'll come out with.

If you're going through the trouble of giving Lesnar the title all for Reigns, and you don't know how ready Reigns is, why not just do the actual easy thing, and the story that is simply more interesting?

strobogo

Banned

Men are sexualized just as often as females in here. All the Midnight Wrasslegaf is tumblr work about male wrestlers.

Sephzilla

The Shield shouldn't have broken up.

-Rollins is the only person who's really succeeded since the breakup and he's probably the top active heel. But even in that position he still gets booked like crap, like needing half of the Raw roster to pin Cena.

-Ambrose hasn't had a major win since the Shield breakup I think. He's glorified enhancement talent currently and his level of over isn't going to sustain itself if he keeps losing.

-Roman is the wrestling equivalent of a really good looking car that stalls every time you try to rev the engine.

T.A.L

If Cesaro came out, this is all that would happen
Lana-laughing-gifs-0011.gif

tumblr_n7ahmhM8rX1srbyoyo1_400.gif

16972%20-%20The_JBL_And_Cole_Show%20Zeb_Colter%20autoplay_gif%20dutch_mantel%20facepalm%20gif%20glasses%20wig%20wwe.gif

Let's not focus on the reality. Let's just imagine them actually pulling the trigger. A battle of super athletes fighting for their adopted nations. Legitimizing a secondary title and making two stars at the same time

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let's not focus on the reality. Let's just imagine them actually pulling the trigger. A battle of super athletes fighting for their adopted nations. Legitimizing a secondary title and making two stars at the same time

But I don't think Rusev losing to Cesaro would make him a star at all.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Big show would win the shoot rumble. I hope he wins Sunday so that they finally give credence to the big guy in a battle royale hype they always try to lay on us.

Top Bottom