• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You want sexualized dudes?
7sEa6jv.jpg

T.A.L

But I don't think Rusev losing to Cesaro would make him a star at all.

The ring work will bolster both of their profiles. Make it a botched interference job something that keeps Rusev strong but at the same time gives Cesaro that much needed win. I think there are ways around it or at least it was received well in my TEW bookings.

But if I can't sell you on that, I can sell you on why Ryback is who they are going to give the win to.

Kacho

Gold Member
Roman is the wrestling equivalent of a really good looking car that stalls every time you try to rev the engine.

lol perfect analogy man

-Rollins is the only person who's really succeeded since the breakup and he's probably the top active heel. But even in that position he still gets booked like crap, like needing half of the Raw roster to pin Cena.

-Ambrose hasn't had a major win since the Shield breakup I think. He's glorified enhancement talent currently and his level of over isn't going to sustain itself if he keeps losing.

I disagree that Romans is booked like crap. Him needing so many people to beat Cena and then bragging about it after the fact works so well for his character. He pulls it off at least and I don't think it makes him look bad at all. He curbstomped the fuck out of Lesnar on Monday and he was the man in the Survivor Series match.

I agree on Ambrose. He's fortunate to be as over as his is still considering how mismanaged he has been.

Pavaloo

Still bitter about Cesaro's "patriotic American" gimmick that was getting him heat completely thrown away because Swagger was being repackaged. With a theme song that could only fit Cesaro or a Terminator no less. No one even marked out or "We the people"'d during matches until Cesaro got that tag team over as hell. Now Rusev is out there with a gimmick that isn't the same as Cesaro's originally, but it's pretty fucking close. URGH

Cesaro better be the one to take out Rusev, but it's most likely going to be The Lunatic Fringe™ or The Ryback or some other bullshit

The uppercats are cool but Cesaro served his tag team dues already as far as I'm concerned.

Aiii

So not worth it
Big show would win the shoot rumble. I hope he wins Sunday so that they finally give credence to the big guy in a battle royale hype they always try to lay on us.
No, actually a small guy would win. Show just needs a good push by a few guys and gravity will do the rest for you. Small guys need to be lifted and tossed over the ropes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big show would win the shoot rumble. I hope he wins Sunday so that they finally give credence to the big guy in a battle royale hype they always try to lay on us.

I'd love to see a shoot rumble. LOVE it.

I was super into Toryumon at that time and you will have a blast watching all that. I recommend the Toryumon 2000 stuff also.
Hell yeah! I used to have a Crazy Max shirt and a few tapes from 2000. I'm planning on getting as much pre-Dragongate Toryumon shows as I can.

When the Attitude era dwindled, I turned to Japan...

Double dose of new japan tonight

*AXS TV is airing back to back new episodes of New Japan Pro Wrestling tonight including the much talked about Invasion Attack match (which I will add my own two cents is the best one-hour wrestling show I certainly have ever seen). There will be a new episode at 9pm ET with the following matches:
*Kazuchika Okada vs. Hirooki Goto – finals of the 2013 New Japan Cup
*Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii & Jado vs. Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer & Taka Michinoku

Then at 10pm ET they will air the full Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada IWGP title match from the Invasion Attack show in April

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Still bitter about Cesaro's "patriotic American" gimmick that was getting him heat completely thrown away because Swagger was being repackaged. With a theme song that could only fit Cesaro or a Terminator no less. No one even marked out or "We the people"'d during matches until Cesaro got that tag team over as hell. Now Rusev is out there with a gimmick that isn't the same as Cesaro's originally, but it's pretty fucking close. URGH

Part of the problem with We The People initially was that it WAS over in certain parts of the country. Cesaro didn't get that group over. Zeb did. That entire group being over was ALL Zeb's doing. Cesaro was just as 'useful' as Swagger. I will never understand the Cesaro boner to think that he was the one who got Real American over when he wasn't.

Real American was over because of the music and because of Zeb.

Shine has a iPod,tonight. With two of the best wrestlers period on the csrd7(mia yim and Athena)
Also leva Bates is doing a sting gimmick

Mia Yim vs. Santana Garrett for the SHINE title
Malia Hosaka & Brandi Wine & Thunderkitty vs. Chery Bomb & Leah Von Dutch & Kimber Lee
Athena vs. Allysin Kay
Leva Bates vs. Su Yung
Taylor Made vs. Jessica James

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-01-23-15.html

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn Malia Hosaka? A true legend. Will be weird watching Kimber Lee with a frown on my face now though.

WWE has some story line issues going on.

1) Anybody but Reigns in the rumble please... Dude does not deserve it.
2) Rollins has got to cash in at some point and it needs to be sooner than later unless they are trying to shock everybody and have the winer of the rumble be Rollins next spat.
3) They need to shit or get off the pot with Rusev... I swear they don't know what to do with him.
4) Big Show????
5) Bray Wyatt.... they have nobody for him to face... unless it is the undertaker???? But at this point I think a loss to the Taker would hurt Bray more than help him.

and of course ...STING???? WTF is up with this guy? Is he wrestling HHH or not?

Pavaloo

Part of the problem with We The People initially was that it WAS over in certain parts of the country. Cesaro didn't get that group over. Zeb did. That entire group being over was ALL Zeb's doing. Cesaro was just as 'useful' as Swagger. I will never understand the Cesaro boner to think that he was the one who got Real American over when he wasn't.

Real American was over because of the music and because of Zeb.

It was stuff like Cesaro naturally breaking up the pacing of the match to say "We The People," which was something that Swagger always had to be reminded of. Zeb would promo and for a while Swagger would just sit there stonefaced during the promos, only to do the catchphrase when told. Cesaro entered the fray and would nod with Zeb, mouth the words of previous sentences, etc. Little things imo that added a lot. Then Cesaro brought out the swing, started having five star matches, and was the hot tag in most of their matches. The first time the crowd ever sang that song (raw after mania) was for Cesaro as well.

Take Cessy out of it and Zeb and Swagger do just as well with the gimmick as they did without him. Which is dull city only to get pops for the jingoism against great foreigner. Zeb can only do so much with a potato. No one gave a shit before Cesaro joined the fray and no one gave a shit when he left.

RP912

Banned
I'm still trying to understand why I don't care about Sting being in the WWE at all. Survivor Series I marked out because Sting finally came to the WWE. Now it's like....why I can't dig within my soul to give a shit?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
4gjWo6U.jpg

yXtFKmV.gif

Take Cessy out of it and Zeb and Swagger do just as well with the gimmick as they did without him. Which is dull city only to get pops for the jingoism against great foreigner. Zeb can only do so much with a potato. No one gave a shit before Cesaro joined the fray and no one gave a shit when he left.

More people gave a shit about Swagger recently than about Cesaro with the Rusev run-in.
I'm still trying to understand why I don't care about Sting being in the WWE at all. Survivor Series I marked out because Sting finally came to the WWE. Now it's like....why I can't dig within my soul to give a shit?

Because he's fucking ancient. And they fucked his music.

Vylash

According to PWInsider.com, there is a lot backstage talk in WWE regarding the in-ring career of Goldust coming to an end.

Talk in WWE is that Goldust will be wrapping up his time as an in-ring competitor within the next few months, and he will transition from being a full-time wrestler to a backstage agent/producer in WWE. The WWE tag team of Goldust and Stardust is expected to slowly fade out over the course of the next few months.

It’s being said the change will not happen until after WrestleMania 31, and after that it is expected Stardust will be used as a singles wrestler.

There has been talk for quite awhile now that Goldust vs Stardust could happen at some point in WWE, but as of now there remains no word as to whether or not WWE has that match planned.

Sephzilla

1) Because he's not feuding with Taker

2) Because outside of dropping HHH once he's done nothing

3) No baseball bat

4) We still have no explanation for why he's doing what he's doing

ggnoobIGN

Banned
WWE has some story line issues going on.

1) Anybody but Reigns in the rumble please... Dude does not deserve it.
2) Rollins has got to cash in at some point and it needs to be sooner than later unless they are trying to shock everybody and have the winer of the rumble be Rollins next spat.
3) They need to shit or get off the pot with Rusev... I swear they don't know what to do with him.
4) Big Show????
5) Bray Wyatt.... they have nobody for him to face... unless it is the undertaker???? But at this point I think a loss to the Taker would hurt Bray more than help him.

and of course ...STING???? WTF is up with this guy? Is he wrestling HHH or not?
I'm kind of intrigued what they will do with Cena. I have no idea who he'll feud with come WM time. Of course it's Cena so I don't really want to see him at all. I'm guessing Bryan/Reigns/Orton will take on some combo of Rollins/Brock/Rusev. No idea where that leaves Cena. Lol if it's Big Show.

jmdajr

3) No baseball bat

Well he is not doing WWE just to job.

No bat? PG man.
Can't be attacking people with bats! Think of the bad influence on kids.

No explanation? IT'S MYSTERIOUS!

RP912

Banned

3) No baseball bat

That explains it. The bat I understand because Sting always have different forms. It would be weird with him bringing back the bat when crow sting is dead. All I know is he pops out of nowhere and points...yet he gives a scorpion deathdrop to Trips....so we have a main event...yet WWE is pussy footing with the execution.

Because he's fucking ancient. And they fucked his music.

I actually loved his new theme. I got adjusted to it. Jim Johnson always making hits.

RP912

Banned
They're just waiting for the bat vs sledge hammer spot for o bring the bat out.

The thought of this sounds awesome as hell. If they really want to pull the trigger on Sting/Trips. I want shit tons of run ins, ref bumps, and other forms of chaos. Give me TNA levels of fuckery in the ring. Anything to protect a 50 something year old sting from looking like shit to Trips.

Sephzilla

They're just waiting for the bat vs sledge hammer spot for o bring the bat out.

Okay, I'm cool with this.

Trips reaches under the ring and grabs his sledgehammer, stands in the ring in front of Sting and acts all tough, Sting reaches into his coat and pulls out the bat

To be honest.. they have not built any real feuds this year. Think about it?

Rusev has no real feud.
Show is currently feuding with Reigns ... this week
Rollins hates Cena, but unless Rollins wins the belt this weekend.. that feud will go no where.
Bryant is to big a player to ignore but he missed the whole year
Amborse just finished the feud with Wyatt...

Its like they dont have any real feuds for people to buy into...
HHH and Sting may be the only thing they have going, and where does that leave Taker?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel for Rusev because his gimmick is fucked when he loses. The only way they could maybe have him salvage it is if they have him go for the WWE title(when someone else has it) and have him come really close and that being his first loss.

RP912

Banned
The "Vigilante" has got to be one of the worst fucking sir names to put on a wrestler. Why not just say Sting? Holy shit the fans are not that damn dumb...I hope.

Top Bottom