• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Hiatus X Hiatus, really good manga, but my god it goes on Hiatus for like YEARS. You should watch some Gurren before Kill La Kill, if you haven't already that is.

tumblr_ljmm3n2o751qj3teco1_500.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
why did you do this to yourself

willingly

Want to hear the deep, dark secret about it?

It's actually better than Shippuden is before the Immortal (Hulk Hogan) arc. Better animated, better stories about the side characters who are far, far more interesting than Naruto chasing down that traitor that he just wants to hug. I was LEGIT SHOOK learning this. When I was a younger Man God I watched all of filler hell week after week and the constant tease of the new show was too much. Little did I know until coming back to it years later that it is the superior product when compared to the stuff I was lusting after, i.e. Shippuden. This is not to say that the filler is all perfectly animated, well told stories, it has some absolute garbage in it like the Curry of Life arc. It is however, more consistently entertaining.

JavyOO7

Kuroko's basketball is good but I think Slam Dunk is god tier in regards to basketball anime. Major is a wonderful baseball series and so is Big Wind Up.

Naruto has too many fucking characters. One Piece has the same problem for me. At least Jojo's characters are refined to timeline/arcs for the most part.

And Bleach is the worst of them all. Bland fucking designed goobers trying their hardest to be Yu Yu Hakusho. You'll never be Yu Yu Hakusho, bro.

Naruto suffered from too many underdeveloped characters that we were supposed to give a shit about. One Piece does a pretty good job of sharing the spotlight between the main cast and building up the villain of any given arc. Bleach is literally how an 8 year old would book anime. Like, it makes DBZ seem tame when it comes to forms and "I'm only at 24% of my max power" nonsense. The most Shonen shit everrr.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I have the filler list on hand.

Hunter x Hunter is next on my Netflix queue along with Kill la Kill
Good man.
Want to hear the deep, dark secret about it?

It's actually better than Shippuden is before the Immortal (Hulk Hogan) arc. Better animated, better stories about the side characters who are far, far more interesting than Naruto chasing down that traitor that he just wants to hug. I was LEGIT SHOOK learning this. When I was a younger Man God I watched all of filler hell week after week and the constant tease of the new show was too much. Little did I know until coming back to it years later that it is the superior product when compared to the stuff I was lusting after, i.e. Shippuden. This is not to say that the filler is all perfectly animated, well told stories, it has some absolute garbage in it like the Curry of Life arc. It is however, more consistently entertaining.
Ah, I got in on Naruto around the tail end and have been watching Shippuden, it has some moments, but I'm just about ready for it to be over.

1) GBF is better the G Gundam. I love g gundam

2) gurren lagann is nothing like,g gundam

3) these Peruvian drugs Evan talked,about on the art of,wrestling sound great

Man God

Non-Canon Member
G Gundam is better than Build Fighters. Build Fighters is amazing though and the only good thing to happen to Gundam in almost 15 years.

Kaladin

Are you in the DC area Sandman? Its crazy seeing Chad Dukes name being dropped here. Been listening to him for years and he's a huge wrestling fan. I think he chills with Joey Mercury from time to time.

Nah, saw it come up on the NXT Facebook page. Enzo has grown on me.

Bleach is in every way just a shittier DragonBall

Every shonen fighting series since Dragon Ball is a shittier Dragon Ball. Too much emphasis on giving literally every character an epic multi-episode fight and flashing back to their prerequisite tragic backstory and not enough on just advancing the god damn story.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish they'd put that Jojo's game on Steam. I enjoyed hat Naruto fighting game on Steam for what it was considering it cost like 8 bucks when I got it, so I'd like it with an IP I actually enjoy.

I mean they're even putting Dynasty Warriors 3 One Piece out on Steam.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, Bleach until the end of Soul Society is totally worth watching. Thread alumni Htown did just this a few months ago and we told him to just stop watching at that point, a complete and happy individual. You'd have to be quite the mark to enjoy the show for the eight years it goes on after that, which basically cover one event that lasts a few days.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Problem with getting into animes like One Piece is there's no quick catch-up. I couldn't even keep up with Toriko after a while.

I wish they'd put that Jojo's game on Steam. I enjoyed hat Naruto fighting game on Steam for what it was considering it cost like 8 bucks when I got it, so I'd like it with an IP I actually enjoy.

I mean they're even putting Dynasty Warriors 3 One Piece out on Steam.

I have at least 300 chapters of OP to catch up on so I can enjoy the game even better.

Besides, Bleach is just a shittier Yu Yu Hakusho. Like, Powers of Pain>Road Warriors level of blatant ripoff.

It's kinda sad how promising bleach was up till the rescue Rukia arc ended. It was genuinely good. But like DBZ if you couldn't go Super Saiyan, you're fuuuuuuck. Piccolo held up till first form Cell before falling out of the mid-card. Bleach is like, basically if you don't have a Bankai, you're fucked. Then everyone got upgrades of course then Ichigo got OP for zero reason.

I don't mind gaining extra power because you lost a fight and we got some chapters of training and stuff, cool. But when you pull it out of your ass and give them a boost, it's so lame and they do that shit all the time in Bleach.

Bleach and Naruto are like WWE. I've been following it for so fucking long, I'm kinda just along for the ride till it ends.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love the One Piece anime more than anything else on TV. That being said even I suggest people who really want to catch up to read the manga instead. You could realistically catch up reading the thing in a week or two.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anime talk is only allowed if it's anime Minoru Suzuki likes. Because who are you to tell him what's cool and what isn't?
I have at least 300 chapters of OP to catch up on so I can enjoy the game even better.

Everything I know about One Piece is from the game. So I know about like Ace and Boa and that's it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How would Luffy fare in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Would he have the Friendship gem in the infinity gauntlet?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think there is a difference between him settling into a spot, which he should have done, and now looking like a joke, which he does. I mean, look how TNA books Lashley. WWE booking Roman the same way would work. Instead they want to make him the new Cena in every way.

Yeah but they got 2/3 people over. Rollins especially. What a goddamn gem he is.

I'm sorry that I sparked conversations about one piece and naruto and other shonen jump things.

I've never really watched any animes so I'm pretty hyped to experience cowboy bebop~

How would Luffy fare in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Would he have the Friendship gem in the infinity gauntlet?

Depends on prep time

Has there been any good anime worth watching over the past couple of years? Feel like it's been dry lately.

I personally haven't been able to get into anime either outside a few movies. But I read a shitload of manga, mostly Seinen. So if you ever want some good read, I got the hook ups.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rollins is the next gen Randy Orton minus the blandness. FACT.

The only thing bland about Orton has been his recent opponents. I think he's one of the best WWE has on every level. Great talent, truly TRULY talented.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Anime talk is only allowed if it's anime Minoru Suzuki likes. Because who are you to tell him what's cool and what isn't?
He did have a cameo in One Piece:

jE5S9X4.jpg

I love the One Piece anime more than anything else on TV. That being said even I suggest people who really want to catch up to read the manga instead. You could realistically catch up reading the thing in a week or two.
Yeah, outside of watching certain fights from the anime it's the best route.

Kacho

Gold Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;148860191 said:
I'm sorry that I sparked conversations about one piece and naruto and other shonen jump things.

I've never really watched any animes so I'm pretty hyped to experience cowboy bebop~

Cowboy Bebop is legit great. Soundtrack is next level stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only thing bland about Orton has been his recent opponents. I think he's one of the best WWE has on every level. Great talent, truly TRULY talented.

Whenever Orton takes long breaks I end up missing him. I just hope that if they run him as a face they do it in the psychotic tweener sort of way and not the mini John Cena sort of way.

strobogo

Banned
I'm looking for a PC for my grandparents. All they use it for is online banking, Facebook games, and an occasional youtube link. Right now they're using a 7 or 8 year old Intel something that was only a couple hundred even back then. But now it is slow as shit and the power supply is getting wonky.

I'm looking at Chromeboxes and in theory that seems pretty perfect for them, but their monitor doesn't have an HDMI port. Something similar. In the $200 max range is all they really need.

Top Bottom