• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking for a PC for my grandparents. All they use it for is online banking, Facebook games, and an occasional youtube link. Right now they're using a 7 or 8 year old Intel something that was only a couple hundred even back then. But now it is slow as shit and the power supply is getting wonky.

I'm looking at Chromeboxes and in theory that seems pretty perfect for them, but their monitor doesn't have an HDMI port. Something similar. In the $200 max range is all they really need.

Honestly it sounds like they need an android tablet or old ipad.

Orton's quality depends greatly upon what he's given and how much he cares. Despite how shitty they booked him in 2013/2014 he was pretty great on his own merits.

Kaladin

I'm looking for a PC for my grandparents. All they use it for is online banking, Facebook games, and an occasional youtube link. Right now they're using a 7 or 8 year old Intel something that was only a couple hundred even back then. But now it is slow as shit and the power supply is getting wonky.

I'm looking at Chromeboxes and in theory that seems pretty perfect for them, but their monitor doesn't have an HDMI port. Something similar. In the $200 max range is all they really need.

In the $200 range they would probably be better off with a tablet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Go to Newegg and check their prebuilt section, then make it so it shows you prices low from high. The first non refurbished one will suit them fine.

Kacho

Gold Member
Woof. I just remembered that Reigns has only been back since TLC. What a rough few weeks he's had. Definitely needs another build up year before he's ready for the Wrestlemania main event. I can't think of one meaningful single match he has had. I'm starting to think it will be him and Big Show at Wrestlemania this year.

This is my favorite thing Orton has ever done.

randy-orton-celebration-o.gif

Pavaloo

what about the orton storyline against hunter

he was in evolution too before legend killer

imo the guys career is pretty memorable

Guys! Quick. Let's do something.

Post a gif of what is, in your opinion, the best camera work in a match. Doesn't matter what it is, so long as it actually adds to the moment/move/whatever.

Here, I'll start:

ravishing-rick-rude-o.gif

Anth0ny

one piece is the GOAT manga

anime pacing is bad, especially the later stuff. unfortunate because the voice actors are legends and music is great. manga is way better.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I still think it's dumb Orton lost the No. 1 contender match to Cena and then got written off tv for three months to film some lousy movie.

I wanted Orton and Lesnar, god damn it.

strobogo

Banned
Woof. I just remembered that Reigns has only been back since TLC. What a rough few weeks he's had. Definitely needs another build up year before he's ready for the Wrestlemania main event. I can't think of one meaningful single match he has had. I'm starting to think it will be him and Big Show at Wrestlemania this year.

isxdge0YbNlFz.gif

Anth0ny

Guys! Quick. Let's do something.

Post a gif of what is, in your opinion, the best camera work in a match. Doesn't matter what it is, so long as it actually adds to the moment/move/whatever.

Here, I'll start:

ravishing-rick-rude-o.gif

k1BGd2v.gif

that slow reveal... masterful on vince's part and the camera man's

Pavaloo

DuYszpF.gif

Not a fan of the zooming, but the hard cut really makes Orton look swift.

Qj4.gif

SEj3OoR.gif

yes.gif

This entire segment was actually really well framed too.

strobogo

Banned
Stro, have you watched enough Sopranos to tell us whether or not Tony is a TMF?

Definitely not. He's an emotional wreck, prone to depression, panic attacks, and occasionally crying. He also fucks up everything around him, but not in the TMF way. When he's angry, he's TMF, but over all I can't give him the nod due to his emotional issues.

Furio is TMF. That mother fucker is ICE COLD. More than anyone on any crew.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The best camera work of all time would have to be one of the various Wrestlemania walk down the gigantic aisle with Hogan or maybe Bret. Some of those are god tier bits of film work.

spiderfear.gif

Fuck watermarks.

That was the brief moment in which I thought (in all my hope) 'Holy crap, Bray might win this!'

DuYszpF.gif

Not a fan of the zooming, but the hard cut really makes Orton look swift.

Qj4.gif

yes.gif

This entire segment was actually really well framed too.

Ugh, the zoom's so annoying. Makes it look so comical. That cut was amazing, though.

Bryan-kicks-HHH.gif

Not camera movement but -- Perfect low angle with the Mania sign in the background.

The low angle helps a lot.

One of my favourites is when CM Punk is kneeling over Undertaker, urn in hand, although I can't seem to find that gif.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hogan's Uncensored entrance is probably my favorite entrance of all time. Even without any crazy cool Muta type stuff

I can't find it to make a full gif so it's got to be chopped up versions
tumblr_n37w3qZAnF1qheak7o1_250.gif

tumblr_n37w3qZAnF1qheak7o2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n37w3qZAnF1qheak7o3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n37w3qZAnF1qheak7o5_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n37w3qZAnF1qheak7o6_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n37w3qZAnF1qheak7o8_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n37w3qZAnF1qheak7o7_r1_250.gif

RBH

OT thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=938638

j2ljV2DFPrPP3.png

NJPW airs from 9:00-11:00pm ET on AXS TV tonight, featuring two episodes back-to-back.

9:00pm-10:00pm
  • Okada vs. Hirooki Goto, 2013 New Japan Cup finals
  • Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii and Jado vs. Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer and Taka Michinoku

10:00pm-11:00pm
  • Tanahashi vs. Okada, Invasion Attack 2013

Always loved the framing of this one:
i4avPZsb0ocgB.gif

There's so much potential for cool moments when walking down the aisle, and they just don't do them any more. A pity. :c

Where's heel?
14351%20-%20Raw%20gif%20randy_orton%20running%20stephanie_mcmahon%20wwe.gif

Oh, you.

k1BGd2v.gif

that slow reveal... masterful on vince's part and the camera man's

I love how evil he looks. Just so damn evil. As in, the only genuinely intimidating authority figure ever.

Hogan's Uncensored entrance is probably my favorite entrance of all time. Even without any crazy cool Muta type stuff

I can't find it to make a full gif so it's got to be chopped up versions

The peak of Hogan as a heel, imo. Great stuff.

Here are some examples of terrible usage of cutting at impact:

ibu5ScMC4VDpXg.gif

iSGcoNd0eymNh.gif

ibnOfokjH5vCVe.gif

iNdnJX0wTN1ZG.gif

Additionally, I guess a little bit of zoom would be good every now and then. Thems some nasty hits, and they sure don't seem like they are at all, thanks to the camera.

Hearing Stardust speak again on Smackdown has me finally nailing down what his promo style reminds me of, a campy 60's Adam West era Batman villain, I think this makes things better.

Hearing Stardust speak again on Smackdown has me finally nailing down what his promo style reminds me of, a campy 60's Adam West era Batman villain, I think this makes things better.

He's actually supposed to be Jim Carey's Riddler to Goldies Two Face from the same movie. They actually cut a promo and it's EXACTLY how they were in the movie. Pretty great.

He's actually supposed to be Jim Carey's Riddler to Goldies Two Face from the same movie. They actually cut a promo and it's EXACTLY how they were in the movie. Pretty great.

Oh yeah that works to, still the way he speaks really channels that classic goofy vibe.
I still say Cody deserves better than his current position.

Top Bottom