• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Jackie Jr. is a massive prick an deserves everything he had coming and yeah, Meadow's boyfriend was a complete douche. Tony was right to run him off, but for the wrong reasons.

I believe Sil only
kills two people in the entire run of the series.
His lack of action makes me question his ability to truly be named TMF. Although he often gets emotional himself. The Old Country crew makes the Jersey and NY families look like punks, though.

I think it's four if you count
Pussy, the others being Jimmy, Adriana and that guy who tries to get Sil to flip sides towards the end of the show.
. The Old Country episode was so good, made me want a whole Sopranos-like show set in Italy.

strobogo

Banned
Jackie Jr. is a massive prick an deserves everything he had coming and yeah, Meadow's boyfriend was a complete douche. Tony was right to run him off, but for the wrong reasons.

I think it's four if you count
Pussy, the others being Jimmy, Adriana and that guy who tries to get Sil to flip sides towards the end of the show.
. The Old Country episode was so good, made me want a whole Sopranos-like show set in Italy.

I suppose you are right. Don't know how I forgot about
Pussy
since I just watched it. Still. Compared to the rest of the people in the family, Sil is a saint.

Kaladin

I suppose you are right. Don't know how I forgot about
Pussy
since I just watched it. Still. Compared to the rest of the people in the family, Sil is a saint.

That's why he got to pick his location when he eventually turned on the family and moved to Norway. The feds were lenient on him.

strobogo

Banned
That's why he got to pick his location when he eventually turned on the family and moved to Norway. The feds were lenient on him.

isSeW8elqUz0J.gif

Ooh I missed the best camera angle/shot;

I can't find a gif, but Crash Holly going down the slide and the cameraman following behind him right and lands right as Crash gets hit in the face with a chairshot=my absolute favorite

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don't have any plans until 11pm anyways so fuck it, going to play some Monster Hunter 3 and watch TNA! Feast or Fired, baby!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ooh I missed the best camera angle/shot;

I can't find a gif, but Crash Holly going down the slide and the cameraman following behind him right and lands right as Crash gets hit in the face with a chairshot=my absolute favorite

This was definitely shown in a recent OSW review.

Reddit said:
I've got this terrible feeling that Roman Reigns an Big Show will be the final two in the Royal Rumble. All the hype they keep putting around those two and how Big Show says he "can't be eliminated" (see: Cesaro from WMXXX) I just see it being them in the end and Reigns taking him out. Seeing Reigns take him over the top rope on RAW has me feeling it a little less that it'll be at the end but it's still how I think it's going to end. I'm really hoping it isn't this way. Thoughts?

It makes so much logical sense :lol

Verendus

Banned
All this hate Roman gets for his promo ability when every other main eventer is basically crap on the mic. And now we're talking of Orton as if he has any chance of winning a Royal Rumble again.

I hope Reigns eliminates 15 people on Sunday.

People ain't ready to balee until they balee.

strobogo

Banned
Sorry Stro, I only just saw your December jifffs. They are brilliant.

That match review (Lou Thesz/Karl Gotch vs Antonio Inoki/Seiji Sakaguchi 10/14/73) can be found at https://legitshook.squarespace.com/strobogos-wrasslin-potpourri-reviews/2014/12/6/inoki-era-gaijin for those who haven't read it and helped Sunny with the advertising links.

Also included is:

• Antonio Inoki/Bob Backlund vs Stan Hansen/Hulk Hogan 12/10/80
  • Tiger Mask vs El Canek 12/8/81
  • Scott Norton vs Don Frye 1/4/00
  • Brutus Beefcake vs Black Cat 1/4/94
  • Dino Bravo vs Abdullah The Butcher 11/5/81
  • Victor Zangief vs Brad Rheingans 2/10/90

Find all your wrasslin review needs at legitshook.com. Use the search link to find your favorite wrestler and then discover some great things.

Verendus

Banned
you ain't wrong, ya bo-ner
I just googled this and Roman Reigns together to see if it brings up a promo, so I can get the reference or something.

First result:
Roman Reigns One-Shot (please excuse the lame summary ;-)) .... She breathed in sharply when she felt his erection pressed against her thigh ...
Google cuts it off at that point.

Balee dat.

But... we make fun of everyone.
We have to make sure Roman looks strong. Especially in BatistaGAF.

strobogo

Banned
All this hate Roman gets for his promo ability when every other main eventer is basically crap on the mic. And now we're talking of Orton as if he has any chance of winning a Royal Rumble again.

I hope Reigns eliminates 15 people on Sunday.

People ain't ready to balee until they balee.

I don't hate on Roman for his promo abilities or in ring abilities. I've been watching wrestling for 23 years now. I'm well used to guys who aren't great getting pushes. I don't have much of a problem with it. Most of the top stars in wrestling history weren't great in the ring. Hulk Hogan? LOOOOOL at his in ring work after 1986 besides a handful of matches. Rock? His technical prowess left a lot to be desired. Austin? Besides his run in 2001, his main event time was spent as a brawler. Foley? Crash test dummy. Taker? He was boring as shit for most of his career. Ric Flair? Had the same fucking match for 30 years. John Cena? Has a high quality match 2-3 times a year. HBK? Wasted the entire 90s being a twat. Bruno Sammartino? Even at the time was considered to have little technical skill and was seen as a brute.

Very rarely has the top guy of a promotion actually been the best wrestler in the company.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Sil has to be up there. You don't see him in action often, but he does
whack his own niece
without a second thought, plus a whole bunch of other people. Tony does what has to be done when called for, but it weighs on him. Silvio cares only about protecting the life he's earned. Furio was awesome though, I always felt like his character was a metaphor of how the Italian crime family appeared to Tony (incidentally, the trip to Naples is one of my all-time favourite episodes) and of the aspirations and wishes he had for his crew, especially when he compared Furio's capability and unquestioning professionalism to a flake like Christopher.

I believe Sil only
kills two people in the entire run of the series.
His lack of action makes me question his ability to truly be named TMF. Although he often gets emotional himself. The Old Country crew makes the Jersey and NY families look like punks, though.

I dunno, Furio APPEARS to be TMF with the massage parlor and a few other things. I always enjoy "Don' beetch to me" and "stupit facking game" Furio, but let's consider where he ended up and why.

Remember the ending of The Sopranos, dream?

Where
Tony dies? It's not even a question. I expected to feel kind of torn given the response of the internet, but it was HANDS DOWN Tony dying.

Top Bottom