• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Remember the ending of The Sopranos, dream?

It was alright I suppo

f98kl.gif

Tyson needs to win the rumble. Fuck logic. Book it.

Getting a WWE Immortals commercial during Impact.

Where's TNA Immortals?

Where my Necromancer Dixie at

According to Zap2It.com, last night’s edition of WWE Smackdown, which was the second week the show has aired in the new Thursday time slot, averaged 2.814 million viewers.

This week’s number is up from the 2.675 million viewers the show took in for the debut on Thursday nights last week.

Qj4.gif

strobogo

Banned
I dunno, Furio APPEARS to be TMF with the massage parlor and a few other things. I always enjoy "Don' beetch to me" and "stupit facking game" Furio, but let's consider where he ended up and why.

Where
Tony dies? It's not even a question. I expected to feel kind of torn given the response of the internet, but it was HANDS DOWN Tony dying.

I agree 100 %. Anyone who thinks otherwise didn't pay attention to the last season and has some wishful thinking going on. David Chase has been playing coy for years, but it is pointless now that Gandolfini is dead. There is a CLEAR message with that ending and anyone who thinks otherwise is a stunad.

I don't hate on Roman for his promo abilities or in ring abilities. I've been watching wrestling for 23 years now. I'm well used to guys who aren't great getting pushes. I don't have much of a problem with it. Most of the top stars in wrestling history weren't great in the ring. Hulk Hogan? LOOOOOL at his in ring work after 1986 besides a handful of matches. Rock? His technical prowess left a lot to be desired. Austin? Besides his run in 2001, his main event time was spent as a brawler. Foley? Crash test dummy. Taker? He was boring as shit for most of his career. Ric Flair? Had the same fucking match for 30 years. John Cena? Has a high quality match 2-3 times a year. HBK? Wasted the entire 90s being a twat. Bruno Sammartino? Even at the time was considered to have little technical skill and was seen as a brute.

Very rarely has the top guy of a promotion actually been the best wrestler in the company.

Of all the guys in that list... Flair was the only one to run 1 hour matches. He wrestled the same match for 30 years because that is what the fans and promoters wanted, but he could do and did much more!

strobogo

Banned
Of all the guys in that list... Flair was the only one to run 1 hour matches. He wrestled the same match for 30 years because that is what the fans and promoters wanted, but he could do and did much more!

Yeah. So what? Dude had the same match with Steamboat as he would with Sting. The same match with Terry Funk as he'd have with Bobby Eaton. Flair suffers more than probably any top guy for his lack of variability. The era of having instant access to all your matches hasn't been kind to him. Ric Flair is a dude who would have the same match with Vince Russo as he would with Harley Race.

So many actual wrestlers call him he best of all time, but that's ridiculous. He had one match that didn't even make sense and he plugged dudes into it no matter who they were and how they worked. I don't think that is the sign of greatest of all time. Dude also worked the wrong leg for the figure four for 40 fucking years.

link

IGN: Bryan's going to be in the Rumble this year though. How does that change things for you?

Reigns: It doesn't change anything for me. He's considerably smaller than I am and this match isn't about submissions or pinfalls, it's about throwing a guy over the top rope. So I clearly have a weight advantage. I'm far more explosive. I think, if anything, I have the upper hand in a Royal Rumble match.

Hmph.

First taking Bryan's talking point about having the hardest hitting match with Lesnar and now that. Reigns is working the smarks well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fantasia is one of the greatest films of all time. That Nutcracker sequence is unstoppable.

Yeah. So what? Dude had the same match with Steamboat as he would with Sting. The same match with Terry Funk as he'd have with Bobby Eaton. Flair suffers more than probably any top guy for his lack of variability. The era of having instant access to all your matches hasn't been kind to him. Ric Flair is a dude who would have the same match with Vince Russo as he would with Harley Race.

So many actual wrestlers call him he best of all time, but that's ridiculous. He had one match that didn't even make sense and he plugged dudes into it no matter who they were and how they worked. I don't think that is the sign of greatest of all time. Dude also worked the wrong leg for the figure four for 40 fucking years.

With all due to respect.... If other fellow wrestlers are saying he is one of the best, then he is one of the best. All wrestlers hit their spots during matches.... The dude is very likely the best of all time... If not the best... Then without a doubt top 3. Who do you think is better?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;148894127 said:
yeah? I gotta check that shit out on netflix.

loved the game~ genesis AND xbone.
They had games? Weird.

Friend Cure isn't wrong. There's a boatload of nostalgia playing a big role, and the fact that liking Disney is kinda "in" these days. Like seriously, look at tumblr. I also think Ghibli movies are way too overrated. It's like a teenager and watching Fight Club for the first time.

somedevil

Is there anyone on the planet who is watching TNA instead of NJPW?

Jesus christ, that was a great show

I just watched the ending of TNA where 5 guys were beating one man in the street in front of a cop car. Then the show ended with someone finding the title in the trash symbolizing current TNA.

Yeah, even when I was a kid I knew what Flair would do several steps before he'd do it. He had a formula and basically stuck to it, I remember people giving Bret shit for what he said about Flair in his book but he really is ranked higher than he should be.

Someone's future avatar right there.

Top Bottom