• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Carnby

Guise,

Is there any food out right now with WWE wrestlers on the cover? i.e. John Cena on Fruity Pebbles?

Reposted because it was on the bottom of the last page.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck that, the whole final scene was an exercise in tension building. It was a visual metaphor for the fact that, for the rest of his life, Tony's going to be looking over his shoulder, wondering when the hit's going to come. Also, Chase's comments around the time were telling; about being disgusted with how fans that had revelled in Tony's brutality were now clamouring to see him die and how he wanted to eschew the typical 'rise and fall' arc of gangster films, which he does with that ambiguous end. If you want to believe Tony got it, then that's fine, but I think it was left open for a purpose and it's up to the viewer to interpret it. To quote Chase himself;

"Whether Tony Soprano is alive or dead is not the point. To continue to search for this answer is fruitless. The final scene of The Sopranos raises a spiritual question that has no right or wrong answer."

I understand that point of view but the ending almost beat you over the head with how clear it was, it wasn't open at all to me. It really didn't feel like it was even something open to interpretation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Avatar Rumble countdown, friends.

t1422147600z1.png

Alucard

Banned
Guys, if you had an unlimited amount of time, what are the top 3 video games being released this year that you would like to spend your time with? You don't even have to own the console, or even be into gaming that much anymore.

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Zelda WiiU
3. Xenoblade Chronicles X

Would be nice to have an extra 200-250 hours of free time to really get into these ones.

T.A.L

Guys, if you had an unlimited amount of time, what are the top 3 video games being released this year that you would like to spend your time with? You don't even have to own the console, or even be into gaming that much anymore.

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Zelda WiiU

Would be nice to have an extra 200-250 hours of free time to really get into these ones.

1. Bloodborne
2. DS2 on PS4
3. Bloodborne

Xater

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Zelda WiiU

You expect FF XV to be out this year? That's cute.

Hasney

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Zelda WiiU

1. MGS V
2. Yakuza 5
3. Bloodborne

RP912

Banned

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Zelda WiiU

1. Project Cars
2. Project Cars
3. Project Cars

T.A.L

Is it strange that I love the metal gear series but I don't play the games. Like I love the ridiculous lore and I beat 2 and 4 , but I'd rather watch someone else play because I don't think I play it right. If that makes sense

Alucard

Banned
You expect FF XV to be out this year? That's cute.

Doesn't even matter when it comes out to me since I won't have the time to play it until like 5-6 years from now. If ever.

Only thing I don't like about the stuff shown from FFXV right now is the all-male cast. Looks like a broverse with only one female, who likely needs some kind of saving or other archetypal storyline BS.

OK WrassleGAF NJPW'ers, a query.

If you had to pick between JR or Mauro for calling NJPW in English...who do you pick?

For me, while I thought JR did well at WK9 especially considering the layoff..Mauro all DAY

Fox318

Guise,

Is there any food out right now with WWE wrestlers on the cover? i.e. John Cena on Fruity Pebbles?

Reposted because it was on the bottom of the last page.
The issue is outside of Cena guys aren't able to seek endoursments.

I'm sure guys like Rollins and Cesaro could get cross fit or other brands but the WWE is run by monkeys.

T.A.L

OK WrassleGAF NJPW'ers, a query.

If you had to pick between JR or Mauro for calling NJPW in English...who do you pick?

For me, while I thought JR did well at WK9 especially considering the layoff..Mauro all DAY

Mauro, no doubt. Jr is still pretty good but he isn't ever going to be as emotionally invested in njpw as his wwe days and it showed

Zach

Can't wait for Metal Gear.

And I think JR would do better (even though I thought he did fine the first go) if given the the opportunity to commentate another New Japan show.

Edit aside: "We Are the Champions" was not edited out of the SNME I watched last night. I was surprised.

McNei1y

They're shit

Should've stayed in NXT a little longer, I think. Send the Luchas up instead.

I like their look but I'm not too big a fan of them.

I grew to like them on NXT, but don't think they're ready for the main roster yet.

Pretty much what I expected. I hope they turn out to be a fit on the roster. WWE needs more tag teams. It seems like they're building that way with the "revival" of tag team moves and finishers.

I'm looking forward to see what they do against the NAOs.

What do you guys think of WM28? I was there live and I think it was one of the best WMs.

I was there too, crowd was hot for the last 3 hours. It was funny when i got home to see everyone shitting on the show. Yet, 70k+ people were leaving the building smiling and cheering. Rock beating Cena was probably the biggest pop I've ever heard.

That plus Brock return and Bryan getting massive pops the next night, Easily the most fun i ever had in all the shows i been too. 29 sucked dick to sit through but the RAW after was amazing. Craziest crowd i ever been apart of.

Carnby

I was asking about wwe endorsed food because I was looking for a prize for the RR Lottery being held at my home tomorrow.

I ended up buying a John Cena inflatable punching bag. It's corny. It's cheap. It's perfect.

I also have Ukraine currency that will go to who ever gets Rusev. That's right, a cash prize!

We were born and bred to rip and shred.

'Nuff said.

pure poetry.

Another Bryan interview. Nothing surprising.
“One of the things I would really like to do, and this is especially relevant due to everybody being able to view NXT on the WWE Network now, is that for example, if they’re not going to call up Hideo Itami soon, I want to go down to NXT and wrestle him. Same thing for Finn Balor, everything is on the Network and I want WWE fans worldwide to see that kind of thing.

“Also, NXT has a very intimate atmosphere, and I love that. I was an independent wrestler for ten years, I love the atmosphere of independent shows, and NXT has a similar feel. So if those guys don’t get called up soon, I’d love to go down there and wrestle them.”
“If Brock Lesnar doesn’t win the title match on Sunday, and I can’t wrestle him at Wrestlemania, I would want to wrestle Seth Rollins, and if I don’t get to wrestle Rollins this year, then I want to wrestle him at Wrestlemania next year. To me, since I’ve been gone, he has been the best performer in the company.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...his-eyes-set-on-the-royal-rumble-9999258.html

I understand that point of view but the ending almost beat you over the head with how clear it was, it wasn't open at all to me. It really didn't feel like it was even something open to interpretation.

I felt the exact opposite for the same reason, because it was so on the nose I found it more to be of an illustration of the paranoia Tony has to live with rather than any real confirmation of his demise. Regardless, that scene is so masterfully done, Chase is fucking with the viewer the whole time, using all the tropes of his direction developed over the course of the series to build the tension and then deny the viewer the pay-off they expect. I love it, Maggle.

Essentially, what I want from this year’s Wrestlemania is a lot of the current stars to get big matches. I want to see Dolph Ziggler get a big match, Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose all get big matches. For the last several years it’s been hard because it seems that returning people are the ones who get the biggest matches, people who aren’t going to be around for very long, and that’s not what I want to see this year. I want to see these guys who are working their butts off all year round, to see them get rewarded with top spots at Wrestlemania.

No mention of Reigns. For shame, Bryan.

Top Bottom