• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

I felt the exact opposite for the same reason, because it was so on the nose I found it more to be of an illustration of the paranoia Tony has to live with rather than any real confirmation of his demise. Regardless, that scene is so masterfully done, Chase is fucking with the viewer the whole time, using all the tropes of his direction developed over the course of the series to build the tension and then deny the viewer the pay-off they expect. I love it, Maggle.

The scene where Bobby says that you probably don't even see it when it happens pretty much spells it out for you.

dream

While the in-ring product and commentary are superb, I feel that I would enjoy NJPW on Axs TV much more if they pretended it was live.

Verendus

Banned
Roman won't be getting his new shiny toy until late March.

What's more exciting to me is the Avatar Rumble later tonight.
I missed out due to poor timing. My pick did okay last year. I was hoping for the boyhood dream to come true in this year but fate has determined it was not meant to be.

WWE Fast Lane pay-per-view advertising in Memphis list
Roman Reigns vs. Big Show in a Last Man Standing match
. The previous advertising listed
John Cena and Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins and Big Show in a tag match

Hmm... change of course maybe?

Kaladin

It looks like NXT did Neville vs Itami vs Balor again in Cocoa Beach, FL last night. I hope we get that match on TV eventually (not in the current plans) because it has been amazing live.

Also, Greg Hamilton is the guy that is the NXT live event host. He's essentially their Jeremy Borash.

Kaladin

Don't mind me, just getting my avatar ready for after the Avatar Rumble.

kevin-owens-debut-promo.png

hitme

Only reason to sign up for the network during February is NXT Takeover. Seriously, take a look at the card so far after the last tapings...

Zayn/Owens for the title
Balor/Neville #1 contender
Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley/Becky Lynch for the title

somedevil

It looks like NXT did Neville vs Itami vs Balor again in Cocoa Beach, FL last night. I hope we get that match on TV eventually (not in the current plans) because it has been amazing live.

Also, Greg Hamilton is the guy that is the NXT live event host. He's essentially their Jeremy Borash.

The guy who interviewed Owens and said do you work here? lol

Plus for that Triple threat match I wonder
if they will change it to that match on the special in Feb because Itami has nothing to do.

That makes it seem like Reigns is winning. Kills Big Show in preparation for Barack.

Im telling you guys, Reigns and Show will be the last two in the ring, and Reigns will toss out Show, cementing him as #1 contender, giving him a feud with Show before Lesnar, and erasing Cesaro's bodyslam altogether.

Big Show.

Final 2.

In 2015.

Belee Dat.

Verendus

Banned
What do you guys think of WM 24? I think it was one the best PPVs I have ever seen.
WM24 has a good card on paper, but I don't think most of the matches really delivered. A lot of short matches. It's missing a couple great matches to make it memorable. It's some fun short matches, and maybe one or two good ones. Not enough really. Kind of like the opposite issue with WM23 where you had two great main events, but not enough matches in the undercard that were solid or fun enough to make the overall event feel memorable.

Edge/Taker was pretty boring too, way too long for the kind of match it was. They should have put the WWE title match on last and gave them an extra five or ten minutes and it would've been a much better closing match.

Still a good PPV though, and better than most recent WMs which are mostly crap.

Alucard

Banned
It's so sad watching The New Day make their entrance and hearing dead silence when they yell "New day!" and expect a call back from the crowd.

My final 100% accurate predictions:
Reigns
Lesnar
Mizdow (leads into inevitable Rumble spot, lose titles back to Usos on RAW)
New Day
Bella(s)

But truly the least predictable match is Ascension/Outlaws. If the
Dudleyz
are to come back beyond just the Rumble, then I'd go Ascension. Otherwise it's up in the air for the boys who were born and bred to rip and shred.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
My final 100% accurate predictions:
Reigns
Lesnar

Mizdow (leads into inevitable Rumble spot, lose titles back to Usos on RAW)
New Day
Bella(s)

But truly the least predictable match is Ascension/Outlaws. If the
Dudleyz
are to come back beyond just the Rumble, then I'd go Ascension. Otherwise it's up in the air for the boys who were born and bred to rip and shred.

inhCik8o7he67.gif

JavyOO7

What's the wrasslegaf general consensus on The Ascension?

Their last few months in NXT they were great, though they did stumble a bit when the Itami/Balor story came and went. I try to watch it once a day, a match they had in the July 31 '14 NXT where the day the NXT tag team #1 contender tournament was announced. You have Konnor being completely absurd and yelling "YAH!!!" after a middle rope clothesline. Then you see him do an Antoine Walker-like shimmy for no reason. Ascension lay waste to the jobber team. They then were actually given mic time. Victor rants about how Ascension will wreck anyone on front of them. Konnor then throws a nugget to the crowd: "Total... Anni...YAH!!!... LATION!!!"... fucking hilarious. They won my heart after that.

hitme

Your reaction:

Reigns eliminates Show
Show illegally eliminates Reigns from the outside
Reigns/Show at WM for 15 minutes

Pavaloo

Apparently I should watch The Sopranos

Also always disliked The Ascension. Never felt like either guys were physically intimidating enough to pull off the gimmick. I think they would work better as a duo stuck in the past that is always super self serious, but the butt end of jokes. We were born and bred to rip and shred is some lolz kinda shit so take advantage of that

Alucard

Banned
The top two matches at the Rumble are legit intriguing. Really have very little idea as to who will win either match. Well, the only question surrounding the Rumble match is whether or not they'll pull the trigger on Reigns, but it still has my interest.

Final four in the Rumble prediction:

Reigns
Bryan
Wyatt
Show

Top Bottom