• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Ithil

It's so sad watching The New Day make their entrance and hearing dead silence when they yell "New day!" and expect a call back from the crowd.

Maybe they should have remembered to come up with an actual gimmick instead of starting to come up with the entrance of a gimmick, then forgetting the rest.

dream

Do you think KENTA would have been better off staying in Japan, Bootaaay? You have this weird NJPW resurgence that doesn't require their guys to do shootfights, they're making inroads in America, and even if he stayed in NOAH, it would be far more dignified than working in front of 150 inbred cousins at "Full Sail University" so that he can learn "WWE-style" and become the next Funaki.

Browny

Banned
Rollins vs Reigns does not feel like a WrestleMania main event. It just doesn't. Now, if they added Ambrose into the mix...
Very true. But sadly Vince wants either Cena or Brock in the final match - Cena for the merch and kids, Brock because he costs so much.
I'd be happy with a Shield triple threat as one I the top three WM matches though.

Sadly I won't be watching the Avatar Rumble tonight (unless my insomnia kicks in), but I hope everyone is ready for HARD TIMES DADDY. Because IT'S TIME! For me to RULE THE WORLD. Now BALEE DAT.

I hope someone picked Scott Steiner. We can all live his crazy gimmick posting for the month. Start maths threads.

tumblr_nio0bjEoZ11qg7bhbo1_540.jpg

Roman saves his best promos for the house shows

Roman just being nervous because he was told he was gonna win the Rumble this weekend and how he better be ready for ten years of being the top guy.

Just ordered the network for my £10 royal rumble.

Tested the web player in firefox by watching St Valentine's Day massacre, and I was was very impressed by how low the cpu usage was, especially since it's using flash.

Only really annoying thing was how bad the seeking was - was very hard to get to exactly where I wanted to be. Also checked out Mania 20 to see how they'd deal with Benoit - they didn't mention who HHH was defending the title against and had no marker for the start of the match lol. I'm just glad he's there, but it would have been expectationally hard to write him out of the picture anyway given how long he was a major player in the WWF, so I'm not too surprised how they've handled it.

Carnby

Anyone else enjoying the REmake Remastered? I only played the GameCube version once, so this is practically new to me.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm of the camp that thinks the Rumble should always end this PPV. But this is one case where I think it could have been amazing the other way around with this booking scenario;

1. Bryan wins the Rumble by eliminating Reigns last. A disillusioned Reigns tells Bryan "this was supposed to be my time". Kills Bryan and turns heel.

2. Rollins cashes in on Brock after losing the triple threat. It looks like he's going to get the belt. Ambrose bolts out from the crowd, fulfills his promise and stops Rollins from winning the belt at the very last second. As Ambrose is escaping up the ramp Roman appears out of nowhere and spears him. He stands over his body and points to Rollins, then to the Mania sign.

3. Three-way Shield match at Mania.

Do you think KENTA would have been better off staying in Japan, Bootaaay? You have this weird NJPW resurgence that doesn't require their guys to do shootfights, they're making inroads in America, and even if he stayed in NOAH, it would be far more dignified than working in front of 150 inbred cousins at "Full Sail University" so that he can learn "WWE-style" and become the next Funaki.
This question is directed at Bootaaay by I would also like to chime in:

So what? Loser.

Fox318

If we get a carney for president I'm moving to Canada.

You kidding?

Vince has been the Democrats best friend!! He managed to get 2 dems elected in a state they had no business winning.

If his wife runs the Dems could run a loaf of bread and win.

Thorakai

Verendus, I just wanted to say there is a Sony fanboy that has taken your avatar and superimposed the Knack dude's head on instead. Every time I see him post I think its you.

You should snitch.

If he signed for New Japan, I think it would've been a pretty big deal and he easily could've slotted in to the main event scene, or feuded/teamed with the likes of Goto, Shibata, Ishii and the other strongstyle niche guys in New Japan at present. As far as NOAH goes, he was looking increasingly out of place in his last year - I doubt Misawa would have at all approved of what Marufuji's doing to the promotion, bringing in lucha dudes, gimmick matches and a greater focus on the jr's. Plus, KENTA was spinning his wheels in NOAH, he'd done everything he could do and neither he nor Marufuji had the star power to take the promotion any further, so he probably got out at the right time. Whether his WWE stint is going to work out for him is another matter, but I have my share of misgivings.

Also, as enjoyable as NXT can be, it's like an echo chamber of opinions that has little relation to the WWE audience at large. Especially when so much of the storytelling is done in-ring, which is the complete antithesis of what the general WWE product tries to achieve.

Verendus

Banned
Verendus, I just wanted to say there is a Sony fanboy that has taken your avatar and superimposed the Knack dude's head on instead. Every time I see him post I think its you.

You should snitch.
There's about 80 of them with that avatar because they lost a bet with me. Originally it was supposed to be Batista avatars but it didn't work out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else enjoying the REmake Remastered? I only played the GameCube version once, so this is practically new to me.

Yes.

Also regarding KENTA, we'll see if it's worth it when he finds his spot and goes up to the main roster.

Alucard

Banned
Watching Main Event. Spotted a sign that said "Lazy Millennial" with three arrows pointing down. Also spotted a "#2Swiss" sign. I like these fans.

Top Bottom