• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

besada

Banned
Nice story. Even in promos or David in the WCCW DVD, they did seem a little slow. But then again, they probably knew nothing other than the wrestling business at all and quite frankly, they didn't need to.
Kevin always seemed the brightest to me, and given how things worked out for the rest of the brothers, he was certainly the luckiest or most stable, depending on how you look at it.

Verendus

Banned
Just a samoan boy
Born and raised in west Pensacola
He took the rocket train goin' anywhere

A wrestler in a smoky room
A smell of weed and cheap PEDs
One will win, all others will lose
Oh, the push never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

Don't stop balee'in
Hold on to that feelin'
Royal Rumble people

Don't stop balee'in
Hold on to that feelin'
Wrestlemania people
Don't stop!

dream

WWE is the only place in America where a big black man with muscles like Titus O'neill looks like such a bitch.

Titus O'Neil is a sore spot for me. Like two years ago, he was on a Youtube post-PPV panel where he cut a quiet, understated promo about how he was not impressed by Sheamus's performance, and how he thinks he's the one to beat the Irishman because he'd make it a dog fight. It wasn't a pro wrestling promo; it was a challenge from one man to another to see who's the better fighter.

It was a fantastic money promo that could have sold a PPV built around Titus O'Neil vs. Sheamus. The next night, they blow it off in a 3 minute squash, in which the challenge wasn't even mentioned.

Just another solemn reminder that WWE is for poor people and crybaby children.

Judgment Day baby girls.

BALEE DAT!

Wrong PPV. That one almost always has Kane or Undertaker on the poster.

250px-Armageddonlogo.png

that's more like it

Fox318

Titus O'Neil is a sore spot for me. Like two years ago, he was on a Youtube post-PPV panel where he cut a quiet, understated promo about how he was not impressed by Sheamus's performance, and how he thinks he's the one to beat the Irishman because he'd make it a dog fight. It wasn't a pro wrestling promo; it was a challenge from one man to another to see who's the better fighter.

It was a fantastic money promo that could have sold a PPV built around Titus O'Neil vs. Sheamus. The next night, they blow it off in a 3 minute squash, in which the challenge wasn't even mentioned.

Shamus is one of Vince's favorite guys.

I don't even think Shamus is bad but he is one of the most protected men on the roster.

Uxkf3hm.jpg

dream

I need to find this Titus promo so you can see how great it was. It was the polar opposite of the usual WWE-style promo, told by idiots, full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

titus_o'neil.jpg

Ithil

I've given strobogo and Frecklestein a little vacation. We like to give community threads a little leeway, because in some communities a little slap fighting is part of the culture, and generally community threads are pretty good at self-moderation, because no one wants people shitting where they sleep. But, sometimes things get a little rambunctious, and someone has to go take a nap.

Speaking of the Von Erichs...

I'm an old guy from Texas, and I can tell you that you can't overestimate their star power back in the day. I had the weird fortune to have dinner with Kerry and David, when I was fifteen. My dad had made a bank loan to a restaurant they owned part of, and we all got to sit around the table with 'em. I had several impressions. The first was that they were not very bright. The second was they were fucking enormous in real life. And while David was kind of quiet, Kerry was an animal. Shoveling food into his mouth like a pig. None of which stopped, in the slightest, literally dozens of women from hurling themselves at him. He showed up with two girls in tow as it was, but all night women would come by and basically drop their panties. It was pretty amazing.

Anyway, have fun, be cool.

Guess it's time for him to test that theory about quality of life going up during a ban.

I find it hilarious how much the WWE brags about and brings up the Attitude Era, when in comparison it makes the current product look like half arsed dog shit.

Because there's an almost endless supply of fans who refuse to shut the fuck up about it. The WWE knows this, and so they'll use that nostalgia to wring every rose-colored penny out of them.

Hell, it works on me. I watched the Attitude Era DVD and I listen to the review podcast.

Killing time before the Rumble by watching Friday Night Lights. Episode 1 Jason Street gets a stretcher job.

Outstanding pick.

dream

Realistically, much of the Attitude era sucked more dicks than Pat Patterson. It was competition that made the late-90s interesting.

Mahonay

Banned
Because there's an almost endless supply of fans who refuse to shut the fuck up about it. The WWE knows this, and so they'll use that nostalgia to wring every rose-colored penny out of them.

Hell, it works on me. I watched the Attitude Era DVD and I listen to the review podcast.
Yep. I listen to every Attitude Era Podcast.
Realistically, much of the Attitude era sucked more dicks than Pat Patterson. It was competition that made the late-90s interesting.
2000-01 is when the quality of the product really shot through the roof.

UberTag

I for one cannot wait for former wwe champion, THE Brian Kendrick to show up at the Rumble
tumblr_mgk3xffHOb1ql0k28o1_400.gif

Although technically he was an "interim" champion.

Shamus is one of Vince's favorite guys.

I don't even think Shamus is bad but he is one of the most protected men on the roster.

Uxkf3hm.jpg
What's Cesaro doing out there with all of those people far more important and relevant than he is? Isn't he too Swiss? Did his buddy Stone Cold call in a favor?

UberTag

Do you guys ever think that maybe the reason the Attitude Era was so good is because you were 15-20 years younger at the time?
Rewatching classic Simpsons episodes has taught me that they really were lots better 20 years ago than they are today.
I'm sure wrestling is exactly the same. ;)

Mahonay

Banned
Do you guys ever think that maybe the reason the Attitude Era was so good is because you were 15-20 years younger at the time?
That's a huge part of it. Doesn't detract to it for me.

I've gone back and watched many of the PPVs again on the Network. It's pretty much how I remember it, minus the part where I hated X-Pac and now I love his work.

The depth of wrestlers who can work a great match is much deeper currently, but ring psychology is far worse as is the storytelling. This is a company that calls themselves Sports Entertainment. They've failed in that sense.

Top Bottom