• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

tDkyHfI.png

Thanks

Sometimes I think Breeze looks like your regular pretty boy looking wrestler, and then at times he looks like Jocelyn Wildenstein when he dials it up a bit too much.

Kornflayx

Speaking of the Von Erichs...

I'm an old guy from Texas, and I can tell you that you can't overestimate their star power back in the day. I had the weird fortune to have dinner with Kerry and David, when I was fifteen. My dad had made a bank loan to a restaurant they owned part of, and we all got to sit around the table with 'em. I had several impressions. The first was that they were not very bright. The second was they were fucking enormous in real life. And while David was kind of quiet, Kerry was an animal. Shoveling food into his mouth like a pig. None of which stopped, in the slightest, literally dozens of women from hurling themselves at him. He showed up with two girls in tow as it was, but all night women would come by and basically drop their panties. It was pretty amazing.

Anyway, have fun, be cool.

That's so cool, but I'm surprised that they didn't do five lines of coke right there on the table. Must have been a quiet night out

One of the positives of the Attitude Era is that everyone had a story. From the bottom of the card to the top, everyone was feuding with someone. Nowadays we just get the same random matches all the time.

Hasney

One of the positives of the Attitude Era is that everyone had a story. From the bottom of the card to the top, everyone was feuding with someone. Nowadays we just get the same random matches all the time.

Exactly, whereas Raw feels like 2 hours of wasteland with 1 hour split around the show for actual story. hell, even WCW did and TNA does do that better.

Maybe they had to adapt to the iPad generation and you just don't get it, grandpa.

Mahonay

Banned
Reason #1 why it was a success.

Austin and Rock didn't bury the entire roster like Cena does today. There was enough room for both guys to thrive at the same time, and everyone else on the roster got to feed off that excitement in different, interesting ways. Today they have Cena going out of his way to bury talent that are not even on his level for absolutely no reason. Everyone is in danger of being fed to Cena at any time, in exchange for a single pop on a single night, and some kids go home with new Cena merchandise. It's fucking beyond stupid.

Although The Rock did bury the living fuck out of Billy Gunn when he had his big singles push. But Gunn was really terrible as a singles face, so whatever I guess.

I remember when Todd Grisham completely ruined the moment for Christian's return. "It's Christian." Like what the fuck man. Is that honestly the best thing you can think of?

Verendus

Banned
If Rock doesn't return and win the Royal Rumble, I'm probably going to be disappointed with this event. BatistaGAF should have never posted those pictures.

Balee dat.

Exactly. The greatest return of our times took Grisham off guard and didn't need any drama as he was holding back tears of joy like we all were. We all were, Beef. We all were...

I don't buy this story, here's a true reaction from the Grishmaster.

remember when Brock came back and Cole sold the moment with a bland "ohhhhhhhhhh my!"
He sells all return moments like that so who could forget? We'll likely hear it for a surprise entrant tonight.

Rumor was that WWE turned him down when he showed interest in coming back.

He called Hunter and Hunter told him they weren't interested at the moment. Then Angle tried to go over his head and called Vince. Vince told him that Hunter makes the talent decisions. Hunter was now furious. So, yeah, Angle killed his own chances of coming back. But apparently they want to hire him as an NXT trainer when he retires.

Top Bottom