• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

DMczaf

The Rock has never won a rumble, and Batista has only won one.

2005-Royal-Rumble-John-Cena-Batista-Botch.gif

So if that was a legit botch, how the hell was the spot suppose to go? I can't see Batista doing an athletic recovery spot at all.

UberTag

The program with the Rock and the Big Show afterwards is one of my favorite ever. No, not for the wrestling nor for its eventual WM2K main event, but because Big Show would come out and state his case politely and get more and more heel reactions for doing so and The Rock would just insult him the entire time despite Show actually being right.
Isn't that like every face-heel program in the WWE these days?
Heels always spout honesty and stay tight with their faction buddies while the faces are all pompous blowhard jerks who break the rules and get away with it.

Verendus

Banned
No, Big Show was in the process of dumping him out of the ring, but Rock grabbed the top rope, Big Show fell out of the ring and both of Show's feet hit the ground. Big Show later found footage showing that the Rock's feet touched first while Show was still in mid-air.

bigshow00_display_image.png
Stop making up lies goddammit!

This manipulated image is not the truth.

So if that was a legit botch, how the hell was the spot suppose to go? I can't see Batista doing an athletic recovery spot at all.
I had always sort of assumed that a double elimination was never supposed to happen, and that they just lucked out that it looks like both landed at the same time.... as long as you weren't really paying attention.

It was suppose to be just Batista powerbombing Cena but something went wrong and they both went careening into the ropes like that.

I do wonder if they didn't plan for John Cena to be in the WM21 WWE Title match at that point, though. I mean, if both him and Batista were suppose to be in world title matches at 'Mania, then why didn't they just go with it and have them be co-winners instead of having Vince run out there, tear his quads and restart the match?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No one who has ever looked into the matter has come away saying Batista/Cena's double elimination was a work. Batista fucked up, plain and simple. That it worked out so well for the story they were trying to tell was a happy accident.

Wreav

Banned
Haven't watched a PPV on the network yet, but thinking about subbing just for the Rumble...do they have DVR controls for live events, like pausing and FF after letting some time buffer after a pause?

Dealbreaker if not.

Thorakai

No one who has ever looked into the matter has come away saying Batista/Cena's double elimination was a work. Batista fucked up, plain and simple. That it worked out so well for the story they were trying to tell was a happy accident.

vince paid the price for batista's sins too

good guy vince always looking out for his talent

dream

Yall are fools who don't remember how great Rock vs. Brock 1 was. Look at this shit. That shit was so far ahead of its time, and I can't wait to see what sort of innovative stuff they come up with next.

Alucard

Banned
Random note, but the fact that electronics stores are still charging 39.99 Canadian for a copy of New Super Mario Bros. Wii is just outrageous. Been waiting for it to drop to 19.99 for a couple of years now.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, if by some stroke of luck Bray Wyatt wins the Rumble tonight, maybe we'll finally get the proper ending and story to his feud with Cena. Maybe the guy that totally derailed Wyatt's momentum can finally do what he should have done at Wrestlemania XXX.

Heel

Yall are fools who don't remember how great Rock vs. Brock 1 was. Look at this shit. That shit was so far ahead of its time, and I can't wait to see what sort of innovative stuff they come up with next.

I had already moved on to Ultimate at this point, but outside of cutting in footage of The Rock holding on to a handshake with Hollywood Hogan as an example of utilizing grip strength, this is absolutely fantastic. Thank you for sharing, dream.

Btw, if by some stroke of luck Bray Wyatt wins the Rumble tonight, maybe we'll finally get the proper ending and story to his feud with Cena. Maybe the guy that totally derailed Wyatt's momentum can finally do what he should have done at Wrestlemania XXX.

terrible

scabro

hahahha

I like how how they have Brock standing on something to make him look a fair bit taller than the Rock. It doesn't mix very well with WWE's already exaggerated heights.

EDIT: Okay I guess not so much in the few couple times they go to the face to face part but at the end it looks like Brock grew a little taller, maybe it was just the angle.

I had already moved on to Ultimate at this point, but outside of cutting in footage of The Rock holding on to a handshake with Hollywood Hogan as an example of utilizing grip strength, this is absolutely fantastic. Thank you for sharing, dream.

You have to remember that even Macho Man Randy Savage™ had to use two hands in order to contain Hogan's grip, while Rock only needs one. It's that kind of subtlety that really lets you know that not only was Savage™ not as strong or as great as The Rock, but also that Savage™ was wrong in regards to Elizabeth.

DMczaf

Hey guys, I think Beef and I's beef is beginning to come to an end...

You have to remember that even Macho Man Randy Savage™ had to use two hands in order to contain Hogan's grip, while Rock only needs one. It's that kind of subtlety that really lets you know that not only was Savage™ not as strong or as great as The Rock, but also that Savage™ was wrong in regards to Elizabeth.

YOU MOTHERFUCKER!

RP912

Banned
I'm predicting the rumble spot for tonight will be a random Bray doing a crab walk and scaring dudes out of the rumble.

Heel

5OuWQSW.gif

Verendus

Banned
Beef starting a war.

Balee dat.

Isn't that like every face-heel program in the WWE these days?
Heels always spout honesty and stay tight with their faction buddies while the faces are all pompous blowhard jerks who break the rules and get away with it.

Or actually, since Hulk Hogan. Ya' know, the beloved hero who beat up women, broke up marriages, and used back rakes in his comeback?

HHH/Sting sounds so stupid. Why do people like that?

It just doesn't look like it gels well.

I wish Harper would replace Kane and fight Sting for the Authority instead.

Xater

Fuck, these assholes better not make Rock win the Rumble because they got him. Then again I can't put anything past these carnies.

Because at least HHH can carry Sting's ass to a good match.

DMczaf

Because based on HHH's accent that he uses when he talks about The Vigilante, HHH thinks he's a god damn mob boss from a Batman comic, and it's going to be hilarious.

UberTag

Fuck, these assholes better not make Rock win the Rumble because they got him. Then again I can't put anything past these carnies.
Why bother using the Rumble match to elevate anyone if you'll give a win to someone who'd be a main event draw on the marquee wrestling anyone on the card?

Seems like EXACTLY the kind of stupid thing Vince would do.

Top Bottom