• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

The WWE title fight was great. Let's not forget that. The Rumble... having Bryan eliminated so early really spoiled it. I'm okay with Roman winning, but having Bryan eliminated so early completely gave the ending away, and it's no surprise the crowd dumped on it from that point on.

Smart move having the Rock make the save to bring the crowd back, but... yeah. Such a bad move having Bryan out that early.

Razorskin

----- ------
I'm the new captain.

There will be no February thread. I'm shutting this down.

Best for forum business, you fucking smarks.

Tune into Thunder! Thursday on the SuperStation.

LL9JOi0.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Its not even that Reigns wins, its that the match is utterly pathetic and has shit like Ambrose and Ziggler both getting dumped out unconscious by Big Show and Kane in 2015. I mean, really?

That's the part I liked best.

Only thing I seriously would have changed would be to make Reigns "accidentily" Eliminate Bryan, setting up a good potential feud.

I did it. I lasted nearly a year through all their bullshit, because there was a glimmer of hope that things might improve, but tonight seals it. This has finally pushed me into cancelling my subscription. Vince McMahon is hopelessly out of touch and the storylines will never improve until he's dead.

Its not even that Reigns wins, its that the match is utterly pathetic and has shit like Ambrose and Ziggler both getting dumped out unconscious by Big Show and Kane in 2015. I mean, really?

This was garbage.

It's like Vince really, REALLY wanted to rub our faces in his shit.

I am also pissed that the crowd did not give a fuck about Cesaro.

Coketruck

Well, that was disappointing as hell. Glad I didn't pay money to watch it. The crowd crapping all over the ending was great, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How come Vince hates millenials but loves Roman?

'I should get a push because of my heritage. I rely on others to try to get me over. I don't like putting forth effort in a match and hate learning new things. I think people who don't like me are insane and should never complain about anything. I have a good look and that's all that matters. I use 'cool' catchphrases that I don't know the meaning of.'

Heel

I step away for 20 minutes and I never even see Daniel Bryan. Is this some slow burn, nuanced storytelling, friends?

Showaddy

So they knew Reigns would get shat on for winning but instead of booking someone to win who wouldn't get boo'd they just paid Rock a shitload to come back and try and salvage it?

This was garbage.

He got a really good response in the tag match.

Bryan's elimination killed the crowd. The only pops after that were anyone who might win who wasn't Roman. Cesaro is great, but the WWE aren't going to suddenly have him main event Mania out of nowhere.

Ithil

"We have seen the advent of Roman Reigns"

So this must be the most flaccid "rise of the new top guy" in WWE history? Even Luger was over for a time.

How come Vince hates millenials but loves Roman?

'I should get a push because of my heritage. I rely on others to try to get me over. I don't like putting forth effort in a match and hate learning new things. I think people who don't like me are insane and should never complain about anything. I have a good look and that's all that matters. I use 'cool' catchphrases that I don't know the meaning of.'

Yeah but he's handsome. Vince should have just said he hates ugly people

T.A.L

I cannot lie knowing that Roman was going to win , im not mad about that. But Daniel Bryan didnt get booked like anything. It sucks that he is the most over guy and they dont give a shit. What really sucks is that they made Brock look like a god and Roman dis going to get the rub . NO ONE should beat Brock.

Roman has to be turning. How can the booking be this fucking stupid? The crowd loves Lesnar, and we all know that Roman is going to get bootista'd throughout.

They don't learn.

With Authority getting involved I have to think that Rollins is getting into the Mania main event. He is too impressive to do anything less.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Looks like I just missed the PPV. Apparently Roman won and Lesnar retained? Who were the surprises in the rumble?

Bubba Ray Dudley and DDP. DDP just did diamond cutters on everyone and that's it.

Roman has to be turning. How can the booking be this fucking stupid? The crowd loves Lesnar, and we all know that Roman is going to get bootista'd throughout.

They don't learn.

With Authority getting involved I have to think that Rollins is getting into the Mania main event. He is too impressive to do anything less.

My delusional dream booking was Bryan/Rollins as the main event and have Reigns take on Lesnar in the undercard.

I think they both know how wrong the situation is.
Even Reigns doesn't look all that pumped.

But oh god. Bryan got jobbed out like a nobody. That's just as bad. WHY DO YOU NOT WANT MY MONEY? Dammit WWE, do you really think goddam Reigns is going to earn you more $9.99s than Bryan?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This was garbage.

The problem is that Vince literally believes that PPV buys equate to liking the product that built up to it. Therefore, people bought RR so they obviously liked Reigns winning. Even though fucking everyone knew Reigns was winning for no goddamn reason other than Vince likes his muscles.

I think Bryan should just win automatically. But I think you need to not do something as predictable as Reigns transforms into John Cena, and trying to whore out Rock's heat to Reigns is just desperate.

nice that they gave Reigns a temporary victory, but since Axel never lost, we know who's going to mania

10590%20-%20Curtis_Axel%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20michael_mcgillicutty%20wwe.gif

That year when Maven eliminated Undertaker and taker beat the living shit out of Maven in return technically Maven wasnt eliminated so as a way to address that they gave Maven a title shot on RAW soon after the rumble.

So there is a chance Axel might main event raw soon. LOL

So they knew Reigns would get shat on for winning but instead of booking someone to win who wouldn't get boo'd they just paid Rock a shitload to come back and try and salvage it?

Yep. The hope is that Roman will go back to getting decent reactions once they roll out of Philly. Why they aren't pushing guys with much better reactions is anyone's guess.

Brock vs Roman is not the best match up. Not the biggest match up. We'll see if anyone gets added to it. Seth really elevated the title fight into something that'll be a match of the year contender, instead of just Brock vs Cena 4 (though 2 and 1 were really good).

If Rocky stays around to be Roman's mouth piece, that would be a very smart move. Roman is still improving in the ring and I think he'll be good to great in a year or two as he continues to increase his move set, so I don't mind too much them gambling on him now... even if I think it might set him back a bit.

Like that one sign said in the crowd... Roman + Mic != Strong.

Angry Grimace

Rock cutting an awful promo on the post-show. Not even he can save Reigns promo skills.

I'm surprised they didn't just say "BY THE WAY HE IS RELATED TO THE ROCK PLEASE TREAT HIM LIKE HE REALLY IS THE ROCK"

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Rumble was meh.

Good
Seth got some fans right there, dudes is the shit give him the strap and let him shine.
Wyatt got a decent K/D ratio and looked good.

Bad
The rest
No Bo Dallas

MG310

Cena beats Rusev at Mania.

Then at Extreme Rules they have a cage match where Rusev wins after Cena is distracted by a small American child singing the Russian national anthem.

Top Bottom