• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

RP912

Banned
Roman has to go heel. Have to do a double-turn with Brock at Mania somehow.

Otherwise it's turning in to Mania 9 with Cena in the Hogan spot where Vince sells his soul after a mess up.

Tonight would have been a perfect moment for Reigns to turn heel. He could have speared The Rock and have Philly on life support. It would have been glorious.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That entire PPV was shit, I mean even the triple threat was straight garbage.

The fuck was the point of the 3 AA's

everyone was just doing power moves, just awful

That's pretty much Rollins and Cenas MO. Rollins MO is to take as many finishers as possible and Cena's is to deliver them. Neither know any psychology. Yeah I said it, Rollins ain't shit. You can leave ROH but the ROH never leaves you.
Join MMAGAF. Marginally better product, far superior camaraderie.

Only Lambda could turn me MMAsexual, friend.

Verendus

Banned
Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

The beginning of the Roman Empire baby girls. I finally, bah gawd finally, had a successful countdown.

Balee dat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I enjoy MMA-GAF but the market penetration in Wrasslegaf actually hits the "Criminal Girls" demographic of 11-45 real easy, ensuring an evergreen product for the audience.

That's pretty much Rollins and Cenas MO. Rollins MO is to take as many finishers as possible and Cena's is to deliver them. Neither know any psychology. Yeah I said it, Rollins ain't shit. You can leave ROH but the ROH never leaves you.

Only Lambda could turn me MMAsexual, friend.

Lambda sends his love, Dada West.

njean777

Man hearing those boos for Roman was hilarious, Vince is so stupid for getting rid of Daniel Bryan that early, and like that.

Brock & Rollins coming out of the PPV more over than ever really doesn't help Reigns either. Guys fucked from here till Mania.

He'll do fine with your average RAW crowds. They'll likely be booking him as strong as ever between now and mania because they have to have it be plausible that he can beat Cena in people's minds.

How many Philly esque crowds are there between now and Mania? Genuine question.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Its like the entire PPV was Vince saying FUCK OFF to the fans. Even in the Divas match!

Mizdow can't get in.
Paige can't in.
Bryan gone early and Roman fights Show/Kane

Amory

I was amazed that constant finisher spamming actually impressed people in Off Topic.

I thought it was a fun match. Going in I didn't really give a shit about Rollins but he put on the best performance of any of them. Gained a ton of respect for him.

PInk Tape

Banned
How are Big Show and Kane 2 of the last 3 as well, it's like you want everything to burn.
He's lucky he didn't eliminate Bryan. Those boos would have been at Batista levels.

So conflicted -- I love WrassleGAF's banter and company but I have no interest in wrestling.
You can still stay here and talk about whatever. I barely talk about wrasslin' and I haven't been kicked out yet :s
This makes that Vince podcast interview even funnier.
It honestly does. This PPV is absolute proof to how out of touch he is.

Rollins is fucking fantastic. I hope we find out about his place in Hunters plan next week, he seems really protected by him in terms of creative.

If we get Vince (Reigns) vs H (Rollins) as a running feud we could see some good biffo behind the scenes to see if H is ready to tell Vince to fuck off and stop being an old idiot already.

That entire PPV was shit, I mean even the triple threat was straight garbage.

The fuck was the point of the 3 AA's

everyone was just doing power moves, just awful

Whatever. The point is that we know the AA isn't going to finish Brock, because we've been shown that. Numerous times. Brock laughs off that shit.

It was spectacle and I loved it. It told a story. (Brock is strong and as resilient as hell. Rollins is on Cena's level.) It kept me guessing as to who was going to win.

The three AAs were to make it believable that Brock could lose.

So I can get invested in characters and have them get screwed over for Mojo Rawly in five years? No thanks.

I see you haven't been watching NXT lately. Mojo was getting depushed, and then he got injured and he's been off TV for months. I don't see where he'd fit back in if he gets healthy any time soon unless a lot of much better people get called up first.

Slizeezyc

It did feel vindictive tonight.

Also, I'll say the triple threat was fun but it was a WWE Main Event match on steroids with a lot of indy in it, which is fine in theory but it's still the same type of match we've seen forever just at 11. It worked because Brock and Rollins are great, but Cena tried his best to drag it down after the table spot, and it still felt weird even with the chaotic style they went for the whole time because it wasn't full-on indy and still was just a finisher fest.

dream

They haven't even gotten to 20k posts in over a year. People in the OT MMA threads hate the MMA community thread guys. Plywood is actually over.

hmmm...

That's because we don't have Aii posting a dozen pictures of the latest girl he masturbates over every hour.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's because we don't have Aii posting a dozen pictures of the latest girl he masturbates over every hour.

YDJcdNc.jpg

RP912

Banned
As much as I talk shit about Reigns. Dude is not a bad guy at all. It's just the fact that he's a damn tag team partner and a mid carder. Dude is not ready at all. How come Vince can't see that his past matches consist of people carrying him? His match with Orton was all Orton, his match with Bray was a boo fest because he didn't click as a singles wrestler, and tonight was bad in itself. He looked like crap out there. Instead of trying to at least go over the opposition, this guy sits it out and plays it safe because he knew he was well protected. It's a damn shame that the WWE trying so hard to push a man that's not on the level of even Ziggler.

T.A.L

Fuuuuuuuuck

This is worse than last year.

I stand by the notion that no one should.beat Brock. He should go to india and shoot fight elephants, or africa for lions. There isn't a man who deserves to be in the ring with Brock Lobster.

Other wrestling organizations (including NXT) will get your hopes up and deliver on your expectations and reward the investment you put into them.

Lol so I've heard. More referring to them bringing out classics and doing absolutely nothing with them but yes I'm well aware of WWE's inferiority haha.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man hearing those boos for Roman was hilarious, Vince is so stupid for getting rid of Daniel Bryan that early, and like that.

I dunno. They had to get rid of him early, honestly, or it would have ruined the (unknown at the time) finish with a chorus of boos.

They couldn't win though. Goddamn it was somethin else. I was pulling for Rusev :(

Verendus

Banned
Glad to see you're happy with tonight's outcome, Verendus.
Well, it does pretty much kill my dream card since the main event is different. And I'm not going to pretend that I was okay with seeing my mortal enemies Kane and Big Show in that Rumble, let alone lasting until the end. But at the end of the day, it's just entertainment, and I don't have much of an issue with Reigns. At least I'm getting Triple H vs. Sting which I've been wanting since last July or something.

So yes, I'm quite satisfied. PPV was a bit crap overall though. I was disappointed at no Orton, but I knew he wasn't coming after that triple threat where Rollins was destroyed. No Rollins in the Rumble, no Orton.

WWE really doesn't know how to protect more than one superstar these days. Having McBane and Big Slow carry around and eliminate Wyatt and Ambrose is like the worst thing. These two dudes are jobbers of the highest order. Maybe it's because I hate them, but I don't think it is. It would be like having Jericho and Angle eliminated by Viscera and Mark Henry back in 2001. You know, had the former two actually been in the Rumble match. It makes them look like jabronis.

imBask

Banned
The pre-show match was good I guess

Mizdow - Uso was the same old crap

Couldn't care less about the divas matches at this point

Title match was pretty good

the Rumble was probably the worst possible ending they could've thought of

I dunno. They had to get rid of him early, honestly, or it would have ruined the (unknown at the time) finish with a chorus of boos.

They couldn't win though. Goddamn it was somethin else. I was pulling for Rusev :(

That's just it though, getting him out early TOLD us the finish. And made Bryan look crap at the same time.

What they should have done, was have Cena in there and have it come down to Cena, Roman and Bryan. Cena eliminates Bryan. Guess who the crowd is going to want to see win out of Cena and Roman? That's how they could have had the crowd be behind Roman winning.

Ithil

I have a mysterious and shocking otherwordly solution to these boos. How about...Reigns doesn't win?

Verendus

Banned
That's just it though, getting him out early TOLD us the finish. And made Bryan look crap at the same time.
It made me anticipate The Rock entering and winning the Roman Rumble.

Thanks for getting my hopes up, BatistaGAF.

I was still happy when he showed up though.

I have a mysterious and shocking otherwordly solution to these boos. How about...Reigns doesn't win?
Nah.

Wrestling fans are crybabies. Let them cry.

Its like the entire PPV was Vince saying FUCK OFF to the fans. Even in the Divas match!

Mizdow can't get in.
Paige can't in.
Bryan gone early and Roman fights Show/Kane

This is what it felt like to me too.

Just shitting on all the crowd favourites.

Mizdow not even getting his moment by turning on Miz, but I guess that's for Raw tomorrow.

Ryback, Ziggler, Wyatt, Ambrose, O'Neil, Barrett with his constant losses, HARPER... Fuck Kane and Show. I'd be so much more accepting if Harper replaced Kane. Like fuck, WHY KANE AND SHOW?

And What the hell was up with that messy Wyatt Family stuff? Rowan has no right to be there, teases a heel/face turn with Harper, then gets double teamed, then ends in a lame ass finish.

Are we getting a Wyatt triple threat?

How do you do this to future talent? I just don't get it.

I was so sure Ambrose was turning on Reigns. I love how much of a brother Ambrose is, but Reigns is just Cena levels of dickheadedness lol.

I still think Rusev/Lesnar would have been HYPE.

Shoulda had Bryan come in at #1, battle for a few minutes and then fake an injury.

That's if they didn't want to use him for anything but PPV buys. Which is exactly what he was there for which really fucking sucks.

Top Bottom