• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

RP912

Banned
Seriously Kane and big show dumping all the young guys out was hilarious.

lmao it was so funny...it was cringeworthy. I can see Vince in the gorilla smiling like a school girl knowing the fact that he finally BOOKED a ppv and shitted on the wrestling fans because GODDAMMIT make Reigns look strong.

Slizeezyc

I just can't believe how weak they had Bryan look right at the midway point. It's so amazing.

They did everything they could to make the fans angry tonight in that Rumble, it felt intentional it was so bad.

I think they both know how wrong the situation is.
Even Reigns doesn't look all that pumped.

But oh god. Bryan got jobbed out like a nobody. That's just as bad. WHY DO YOU NOT WANT MY MONEY? Dammit WWE, do you really think goddam Reigns is going to earn you more $9.99s than Bryan?

Right. Having Bryan eliminated so fast reminds me of CM Punk's infamous elimination in the December to Dismember WWECW pay per view. Get rid of the crowd favorite early and hopefully the crowd get over it, and get behind the guy they're going to have go over.

But it didn't work for Lashley, and it wasn't going to work for Roman. It would have been better to keep everyone guessing who was going to win and have Bryan stay in there. We know he can still work given his double duty on his Smackdown return.

People would still have been annoyed, but not as much so I don't think.

Amory

Would've loved to see Bray or Ambrose win, but I knew from the start that wasn't happening. I can understand being pissed about Reigns winning but that reaction from the crowd seemed completely over the top. I felt bad for him.

B8P13uQCEAAHNf9.jpg

dream

0 problems with Roman Reigns winning (though selfishly I would have liked to see RKO or Alex Rusev win).

What is terribly alarming, though, is how thin WWE's roster is. When you're pulling Zack Ryder, DDP, and Sin Cara off the shelf, you're in bad shape. I suggested earlier that WWE scrap the Royal Rumble--they just can't sustain it anymore--and move the Elimination Chamber to the January slot.

Also: returning to WWE ended Bully Ray Dudley's career. What an alarmingly terrible decision that was. He could have taken that gimmick to Japan and been a modern Stan Hansen.

Anyway, pro wrestling sucks and you're all silly for watching it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, for fuck's sake Roman didn't even DO anything in the match

GvAhxyc.png
dzuSR9d.png

Here's my unofficial merit-based lottery, reverse order.

1. Bootaaay
  2. Dr Duncan Steel
  3. dream
  4. T.A.L.
  5. Aiii
  6. lovely ladies
  7. Alucard
  8. Serpentine
  9. RP912
  10. Ubertag
  11. Verendus
  12. Man God
  13. Sibersk Esto
  14. imbask
  15. Hasney
  16. TheWesker
  17. Plywood
  18. slightconfuse
  19. Mr. Sandman
  20. serenewarfare
  21. Sephzilla
  22. CureVylash
  23. DMczaf
  24. bean breath
  25. Vince McMahon
  26. strobogo
  27. Frecklestein
  28. Titus Andronicus
  29. Fox318
  30. Data West

Congratulations, Mr. Sandman. You won the unofficial Royal Rumble lottery.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good PPV, horrible end - crowd rightly shat on it.

The undercard on the other hand, that was PHENOMENAL. Really excellent.

Shocked they eliminated Bryan the way they did.

Ascension won. So here's a spoon, you motherfuckers - so you can eat my ass.

RP912

Banned
I mean, for fuck's sake Roman didn't even DO anything in the match

Thats the magic of the match. Dude was laid out for 15 minutes and somehow got busted open. I'm puzzled by how he was booked strong. Technically Big Shoe/Kane eliminated him and one of those guys was going to fight bork...WTF.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Protected on a whole other level, they didn't even want him trying any over the top rope landings.

Gonna suck when he's in the ring with Brock. Maybe they'll have Rollins cash in at the start, Roman gets 'beat up' and lays down for the whole match while Brock kills rollins then Roman c an superman punch and win.

So conflicted -- I love WrassleGAF's banter and company but I have no interest in wrestling.
I haven't watched Raw regularly in months. Probably nearly a year. You can still enjoy the banter while not giving the WWE attention, plus there are alternatives.
Ascension won. So here's a spoon, you motherfuckers - so you can eat my ass.

Who honestly didn't see that coming though?

Genuinely my favourite part of the rumble was Ziggler leaping into a knockout punch and then getting flopped over the top rope by Kane and Show in 2015, not only is that what Mr Ziggles deserved for eliminating my man Barrett but that also played a part in cementing Kane's rumble record so I at least got a kick out of that amidst all the horror of the match.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
amazing how not only did daniel not last long he was just oddly gone out like a jobber

UberTag

Congratulations, Mr. Sandman. You won the unofficial Royal Rumble lottery.
Curtis Axel hasn't been eliminated yet. I'm still holding out hope that this injustice will be corrected tomorrow and my #6 pick will come through.

amazing how not only did daniel not last long he was just oddly gone out like a jobber
But Daniel Bryan IS a jobber. Didn't you see that he lost his first match back on RAW last week?

1st... Rock was trying to save reigns in ost interview at the expense of the interviewer....
2nd... Reigns thanked family and not Ambrose????
3rd... Reigns is not beating Brock.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How are Big Show and Kane 2 of the last 3 as well, it's like you want everything to burn.

Its 2015.

Twenty. Fifteen.

Kane. Big Show.

TWENTY FIFTEEN

1st... Rock was trying to save reigns in ost interview at the expense of the interviewer....
2nd... Reigns thanked family and not Ambrose????
3rd... Reigns is not beating Brock.

If he wins the Rumble, he's beating Brock. Brock isn't signed past WM31.

Right. Having Bryan eliminated so fast reminds me of CM Punk's infamous elimination in the December to Dismember WWECW pay per view. Get rid of the crowd favorite early and hopefully the crowd get over it, and get behind the guy they're going to have go over.
It seems I was (unfortunately) correct last Monday when I said they were putting up Bryan early to give the crowd a full 3 hours to forget about him and cheer for Cena. And now no one can claim to be shocked Wyatt eliminated him because Bryan jobbed on RAW.

I assumed Reigns 100% for ages now but figured Bryan would be a final 4. Easy. The crowd would have been in it the entire time. I look forward to how horrible the road to WM is as WWE slowly figured out how badly it screwed up. Again. Last year it got legitimately fun because you could watch it unravel into a trainwreck throughout February.

Would've loved to see Bray or Ambrose win, but I knew from the start that wasn't happening. I can understand being pissed about Reigns winning but that reaction from the crowd seemed completely over the top. I felt bad for him.

Here's the thing, before Bryan came back, we all knew Roman was going to win the Rumble. But Bryan came back, and all of a sudden it felt like it could either be Bryan or Roman. The crowd wanted Bryan.

Putting him out so early stuck a fork in the whole match because from that point on it was the predictable snore fest we were expecting given that we knew who was going to win then. Bryan getting healthy again was the get out of jail free card to keep the match exciting, and they just ripped it up in front of our eyes instead.

That's what pissed people off I think.

I see the logic behind booking Bryan to have to scratch and claw his way back to a WrestleMania match, and giving him one this early is a bit of a waste, but after how the Rumble went down last year, I figured they might send the crowd home happy with a Bryan win, and spin it into a three way with Roman added in later.

Hell, before the night started I thought we could have been looking at Seth vs Roman (maybe with Dean in there too) for the belt. That's a good match even if it lacks name value. Seth knows Roman well enough and is good enough that they'd put on a great match.

Roman is just going to work a Cena / Hogan match against Brock, which... yawn.

We all know Brock is going to do the job, because he's a fucking pro, but he might not be too interested in making Roman look good on his way out.

I really hope they haven't forgotten Lesnar vs Goldberg.

They'll desperately need a third person in there if the goal is to make Roman look good.

Slizeezyc

Roman has to go heel. Have to do a double-turn with Brock at Mania somehow.

Otherwise it's turning in to Mania 9 with Cena in the Hogan spot where Vince sells his soul after a mess up.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That entire PPV was shit, I mean even the triple threat was straight garbage.

The fuck was the point of the 3 AA's

everyone was just doing power moves, just awful

Hasney

Preshow match was good, Billy looked good in the Ascension match.... Then it seemed like a looonnng time but the title match delivered.

The Rumble was a car crash. I cannot believe it topped last year for that, but I'm loving it due to the crowd making it so entertaining.

Angry Grimace

They need more than 2 guys who have a real shot to win. I mean, you get to the end and there's no way you really think Show, Kane, Ambrose or Ziggler are main-eventing WM.

Top Bottom